Group Park 3

Broxzier

I have time now. :)

Claimed: jensj12
Queue:  Wuis, Broxzier, ziscor, imlegos, Philmon11
Missed: CoasterMaster, CAVIAR, qbbq

@Dan: Don't forget to add yourself to the end of the queue after your turn if you want to take another turn of course.

Edited by Broxzier

I'm done.

• Fixed mechanics getting lost in Dark matter queue (don't double the ash footpaths, that will break it again).
  • Added a path around dark matter (which didn't fix the problem, but I left it in).
  • Extended the monorail a bit.
  • Added a new wooden coaster in the corner. Didn't add paths far into that area to prevent people getting lost there. It has enough parts underground to be an indoor coaster, so the queue should fill quickly when it's raining.
  • SCR79.png
  • Added and rearranged some staff.
  • The OpenRCT Group Park 3.12.sv6

Claimed: -
Queue@Wuis, Broxzier, ziscor, imlegos, Philmon11, jensj12

Edited by jensj12
3 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I have time now. :)

Claimed: jensj12
Queue:  Wuis, Broxzier, ziscor, imlegos, Philmon11

@Dan: Don't forget to add yourself to the end of the queue after your turn if you want to take another turn of course.

Yeah, forgot to put myself back on. Thanks!

SCR85.pngSCR86.pngSCR87.pngSCR88.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 3.13.sv6

Claimed
Queue: @Broxzier, ziscor, imlegos, Philmon11, Dan, Jensj12, Wuis

Easily my weakest turn in the group parks yet, feel free to do anything with the changes that have been made. (Giving the mansion the original colors and name, Removing the Barn and restoring the old garden, Removing the Steeplechase, Renaming the Steeplechase, Adjusting the Steeplechase etc.) 

Edited by Wuis

Woop-woop, new coaster: King of Durango Mountain. Why? Because it has 16 cars moving like a snake, and on Mount Durango there lives a snake called the Kingsnake.

723Iynn.png

Other things I did:

• Build a place to have lunch, where a parent can watch their kids in the playground, or where others who do not have the guts to go into the coaster can wait for their beloved friends and family.
  • A lot of guests started to walk over the edges of some footpaths all of a sudden, making the edges a bit muddy, but at the same time more natural (dirt under footpaths)
  • Rebuild the path that went through the area under Dark Matter, so that guests will not have any ear damage from very nearby coaster cars anymore. Also guests will not be tempted to walk over the ground there anymore, as there are fences preventing them from doing so.

Queue: @ziscor, imlegos, Philmon11, Dan, Jensj12, Wuis, Broxzier

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.14.sv6

Hey @Broxzier, didn't felt like changing the terrain to anything else? I put that wireframe there for a reason :P

I can load the second .14 file.

The new gardens look good, perhaps we should name it royals & gardens, I don't get what rascals have to do with it. :P

Edited by jensj12

I've noticed that parks don't get exported when I click "Save", only "Save As". I don't know if this is the same for other people, but I've mistakenly saved parks without exporting many times because of it.

Also you can download RMCT1.DAT here, if that's the only object you're missing then that should allow you to open it.

@jensj12: I didn't notice any specific wireframed areas? Did I built on an area you wanted to further expand on?

@ziscor, @X7123M3-256: That explains it. If that's the case it should be fixed before v0.0.5 is released.

Edit: Just tested it, and I can confirm that it does only get exported when choosing 'Save As'. I made an issue about it here: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/3314

Edited by Broxzier

Done. I think I did a lot of things this time, so sit tight. :D

Update log:

• Created a Mini Golf attraction by the name of Magical Gardens right outside the Kiddy area.

SCR32.png

• Extended the Monorail track a bit
  • Added a few handymen (with appropriate patrols), a mechanic or two, and two entertainers (such a shame that the frickin' Kiddy area had no entertainer in there ¬¬)
  • Seeing that at the end of my turn the park crossed year 22 by a big margin, I found it best to renew all rides to bring more guests in, since the guest count is somewhere around 120. That is alarmingly low.
  • Made some major tweaks to the Kiddy Area, like building fences and adding more variety of flower beds, and adding a check board terrain paint under the train track. Feel free to revert these changes back if you want to.
  • Final thing, made another section by extending the path from the left of the Kiddy area (which meets the path built behind Ol' Timers). Said area contains two new custom objects: A restroom (I don't know why I wanted it, but it looks very nice to me. Remove it from the consequent turns if you'd like), and a custom path. I love this custom path very much. Please let it stay in the project. :P

SCR31.png

Additional Notes: Certain guests are wanting to get off Dark Matter. @Dan: You might wanna consider reducing the ride time on it by tweaking around a bit. Also, if I overstepped the per-turn building rules, I apologize.

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.15.sv6

Queue:  @imlegos, Philmon11, Dan, Jensj12, Wuis, Broxzier, Ziscor

Edited by ziscor

I thought I bloomed them all with the cheat. :P The path came from, you guessed it, a server.

I sped up the game to hyper speed to check if guest count would rise up again. Sadly, it didn't, and it went much worse. I have no idea as to why this park is not getting a lot of guests. It gets frequent awards, most guest thoughts are neutral or positive; is there any thing that is causing less guests to generate? 

The ride time on dark matter is normal, no need to change that. Check if the ride is broken and if mechanics can reach it (they couldn't reach Ol' Timers, fixed that in my turn).

If the guest count is decreasing, check the park rating first, that directly influences the influx of guests.

@jensj12 I did that because it now drives through a barn, instead of the black creation. The idea was that the 'royal' were in the mansion and that 'rascals' were in the barn. The barn connects to the steeplechase, which goes through the meadow of the barn. I actually wanted to do something with imlegos's junior coaster, because I also thought it was yours, but when I was putting down foundation walls, I realised that he build it instead. It was kind of a cool idea, but I hadn't really planned anything, so EVERYTHING was improvised on the spot.

Well, I was wondering who fixed that problem with Ol' Timers, and assumed the game fixed it on it's own. 

The park rating is not at all low and is ideally somewhere around the 850th mark. I'm telling you, this has nothing to do with the park quality. There are only 2 lost guests every so often, and that is only because they didn't buy the map. We should shove the Information Kiosk right in front of new coming guests' faces, since they will probably get lost in the near future even more should they not obtain park maps.

But that's not the problem here. Perhaps it has something to do with low guest generation based on user-defined difficulty from the park parameters?

I'll take a look into it.
 The export-plugin thing has been fixed by IntelOrca by the way, so quicksaving should now also export them. :)

Edit: Well... turns out guests don't spawn at all anymore :P But only in our park.

Edited by Broxzier

Well, there's that then. xD I tried making a spawn point, but guests aren't spawning at all. Is the spawn block corrupt or something? There are no issues about this on GitHub, except the very old June one where the end conclusion was that this needs more implementation.

[EDIT: NVM. Glad it's fixed now. Also, after hyper speeding the game to June Year 24 the guest count flattened at 1470.]

Edited by ziscor