Group Park 3

Broxzier

You can keep your claim and continue the work tomorrow. What I did wasn't made in just a few minutes, so don't compare your work with the end result.

By the way, I just noticed that the King Snake coaster that I made now has two smaller trains, but that doesn't fit its name. Was there an issue with it?

Done! Here's the build log:

• Added a custom ride (AE's Motocross), then built it near Jensj12's tower; called it Ivy Cup.
  • After that, built a railway circuit around the hill that the Motocross cuts through; called it Trilby Railways.
  • Okay, so the hill is basically a walking garden, so there's a lot of paths that loop back around with no special things at the terminals. I know this conflicts with the peep AI, but it shouldn't be that bad, right?
  • Inside the hill, made a path with stalls on one side (all this is underground).
  • Hired some staff to keep this section clean and vandal free.

SCR33.png

I promise this is the last CC I'll add to the park, since this save file is gonna get very big over time. In fact, if you see any problem with the Motocross, let me know and I'll replace the track with the default Go-Karts.

[EDIT: Wanted to make some slight changes so I re-uploaded the park; park rating back to 999! ]

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.22.sv6

Claimed: -
Queue:  @Dan, jensj12, Wuis, Broxzier, imlegos, ziscor
Missed: Philmon11

Edited by ziscor
12 hours ago, Broxzier said:

By the way, I just noticed that the King Snake coaster that I made now has two smaller trains, but that doesn't fit its name. Was there an issue with it?

It may or may not be the cause of my crashes, changing it to two smaller trains was an accident I noticed after uploading the park.

On 20-4-2016 at 14:13, jensj12 said:

It seems King of Darungo Mountain changed to 2 trains with 7 cars when I reopened it (without changing anything =/ ). Either Treetop Bouncers or King of Darungo Mountain caused my crashes.

Note: dark matter is still stuck, please reset the entire ride.

Edited by jensj12

Claiming...

It seems mechanics have some trouble fixing rides, I'll see what I can do against that.

Guests heading for the sky tower somehow prefer to go to the upper station (they won't enter the lower queue even when walking in front of it) and end up walking endlessly at the bottom of the tower. Any idea how to fix that?

Edited by jensj12

Can't help you there. I never liked the concept of elevators in RCT2. I'd always make only 2 or 3 rides at the 1st Floor, and since some guests don't like going through the elevator to get there, I'd make stairs. That makes the elevator almost a useless part of my parks. 

But you could go for the obvious things, like making the Upper Floor more desirable to go to, so that the Peep AI chooses to go on the elevator. This is only taking into consideration that the AI is capable of sensing these things, and I'm not too sure about that.

Claimed: -
Queue@Wuis, Broxzier, imlegos, ziscor, jensj12
Missed: Philmon11, Dan

SCR90.png

• Tried to continue the area T'chaka River started with an extra coaster (didn't build one last time)
  • If it doesn't look as nice as the river area next to it, feel free to improve.
  • Built a path through my new rock
  • Added a new food area (food/drink/toilet): 'monofood' near Rusty Road (yes, that's a 3-wide sign)
  • Added a proper name reference to an attraction I built earlier
  • Added mechanics/handyman and improved/added patrol areas
  • Improved pathing towards burger bar 2 (guests stuck near observation tower) and Ivy Cup (mechanics couldn't reach it)
  • Reset Dark Matter, cable lift hill was still stuck

Do not adjust the timing on Rusty Road, the blocks are freed the second before another train enters.

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.23.sv6

Edited by jensj12
  • Like 1
On 24-4-2016 at 17:31, Broxzier said:

They are indeed pretty useless, guests don't use them as a form of transport, but as a ride instead. Them only going to the top floor could be a bug, does this happen for all guests, or just for the ones heading there?

Just the ones heading for sky tower refuse to enter below. Guests that randomly stumble upon the lower entrance enter there like expected.

1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

Just the ones heading for sky tower refuse to enter below. Guests that randomly stumble upon the lower entrance enter there like expected.

Thought so, the entrance they want to go to is probably 'closer' over just X and Y axis (Manhattan distance), but not over the actual paths. The Manhatten formula is not a good heuristic in this case.