Group Park 3

Broxzier

Claimed: - imlegos
Queue: ziscor, jensj12, Wuis, Broxzier, SuperVarken
Missed: Philmon11, Dan

Attraction idea: An Expedition Everest inspired Corkscrew track coaster; Possible name: Rainier Heights (After Mt. Rainier in Washington State)

I have seen that glitch happen once before, though I'm not entirely sure what combination of merges causes it. I've tried a few times, and so far I haven't figured it out. Just saying it's probably not a random fluke but occasionally happens due to whatever merge pattern is being used.

I've had this glitch happen on multiple occasions. It appears that you have built the track leading away from the switch in the wrong direction - you need the little yellow arrow to point in the direction you want the trains to face, not the direction the trains should move. If you do not want the tracks to merge; as is the case if you're adding a second track for aesthetics, switching the order of the track elements in the tile inspector usually prevents this bug from occuring.

Also, your switch track needs to be long enough to accomodate the full length of the train, otherwise you will split it in two. This is probably not what you want.

Edited by X7123M3-256

You can't have a train go backwards by simply merging them. Things like brakes and chain lifts will not work, because the train is going backwards over the track. To have it go backwards you either need to have the switch part at the top of a lift and build the track backwards, or use a coaster that has cars going backwards.

Claimed.

I have something that needs mass approval. Are we looking for a river in this park? I shallow brook with rock painted edges might look nice, like this (I was thinking of a river that crosses through the park and not stop at a point, but you get the idea):

SCR36.png

Please provide your inputs on this as soon as possible. 

Feel free to add some variation to the landscape (even some wireframed land), it's something the park really needs. Immediatly building it through the whole park would be too much for one turn (it's a group park after all), but you defenitely get my approval for starting it (I'll expand it if I haven't used all my 900 tiles yet).

Seeing as imlegos really clogged up the waiting list, I'll just end my turn right here. This was mostly a turn where I added more custom content (even after I said I wouldn't :P). The park file size is slightly large now.

• Firstly, introduced more CC: two color custom brick walls, a lounging chair, 1/4th awning roof, a flag pole, and a color custom archway)
  • Used said CC to make Piscine Molitor: a swimming pool that shows the royal side of things. Oh wait, almost forgot to mention I used AE's Swimming Pool custom ride here. To be honest, I'm not completely satisfied with it, might make changes in the future.
  • Added AE's Swingers beside the Pool building.
  • Made a Junior Coaster to fill the area between Flight of The Iron Men and Piscine Molitor. The Cranium Shaker.
  • Made the river-thingy I was gonna make. Couldn't really think of making anything that incorporated it into things, I like it not-congested. It comes all the way down to Piscine Molitor. Feel free to make any aesthetic changes to it, or even extend it in any direction you may like. Just keep the rock edges intact.
  • Added patrolling around the area @Broxzier recently made. Seriously mate, make patrols wherever you make new path, even if it is a shortcut through an area. :D
  • Made random Burger Bars in two places; made two restrooms in empty places to improve general feedback from Guests.
  • Dark Matter got stuck in my turn again. Did a reset on it to fix the problem, but we're gonna have to look into why the ride gets stuck.
  •  Park Rating is back to 999 now. Slight fluctuations are still there, though.

SCR38.png

Claimed: -
Queue: @jensj12 , Wuis, Broxzier, SuperVarken, ziscor
Missed: Philmon11, Dan, imlegos

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.30.sv6

It's a shame Boats get stuck if left in an open area with no track going along it.  For this reason, I had to make a track going through the water pool, then hiding it using the Tile Inspector.

In the long run, making patrols is the best way to go. That way a certain spot will never have excessive amounts of puke building up on it through the years. I was completely surprised when I saw the path where the patrols weren't there. It was obvious when you look at it, everything around that path was completely clean except that one passage (which was full of puke and litter as far as the Peep's eye could see, lol). In fact, I was guessing the Hungry and Thirsty messages were causing the ratings to drop when it was only a single pathway's fault. :P

Edited by ziscor

The other use of patrol areas is keeping handymen out of queue lines. Queue lines never get littered, but handymen will spend most of their time winding their way up and down them if you let them.

Also, you could probably hide a boat ride with the crooked house method instead. It's much faster since you don't have to click each tile individually, but if the ride contains unsupported elements your game will segfault (that should not be the case for a boat ride though). It's also much easier to switch back if you need to make the ride visible again to work on it.

The crooked house is a flat ride, but it still has an associated track type (type 71) . All the draw functions do nothing, so setting a ride's track type to crooked house makes it invisible. This is one command, so it's much quicker than doing it through the tile inspector.

However, there aren't draw functions for every track element. If your ride includes an unsupported element, the game will crash. Therefore, I would recommend always saving immediately before applying this hack. The boat ride should be fine though, as I don't think the boat ride allows any pieces that crooked house doesn't.

Edited by X7123M3-256

I couldn't extend the river ziscor started as I had already used all my tiles for the thing I built (in fact, a bit more, sorry).

• Wanted to build a mine ride, built a mine ride, feel free to rename as this is just a placeholder I kept.
  • Wanted more natural hills, changed the landscape heavily in the area I used
  • Wanted some water, made two small puddles :P
  • Wanted to move the third monorail closer to the center of the edge of the map, did that.
  • Guests complained about being lost, couldn't fix it. I did block the small piece of path near queen bee as there were one or two peeps stuck there. Most peeps are now stuck on the path around T'chaka River heading for Sky Tower or anything else on that side of the map.
  • Took a screenshot, uploaded the screenshot: SCR105.png
  • Saved the game: The OpenRCT Group Park 3.31.sv6

Claimed: -
Queue@Wuis, Broxzier, SuperVarken, ziscor, jensj12
Missed: Philmon11, Dan, imlegos

There is a chance that the mine ride will crash, as trains going 90 km/h stop magically during a safety cut-out (I hope this will be fixed sometime). Filled trains only climb with 3 km/h after that. The ash footpath on the screenshot is just a temporary one to fix some pathfinding.

Edited by jensj12