Group Park 3

Broxzier

SCR118.pngSCR119.png

• Ended up putting the coaster from some turns ago behind the tower to fill the space, now named; "The Stallion"
  • New Italian restaurant with Pizza and Hot Chocolate :D
  • Queen Bee now has a garden ( Do the custom flowers die? if so, I might want to put a handyman over there)
  • Also added trees and bushes in the surroundings of The Stallion and Queen Bee, I'm lazy though so not everywhere.

Claimed: -
Queue@Broxzier, SuperVarken, ziscor, jensj12, Cascadia, Wuis
Missed: Philmon11, Dan, imlegos

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.32.sv6

EDIT: HOW DID THAT ONLY TAKE TWO HOURS, I TRIED LIKE 17 RESTAURANT DESIGNS !!!

Edited by Wuis

You might still want to work on it, I just placed trees and not a very diverse amount of, bushes and such might fit there too but I just kept it quite minimal as I didn't know what the plan was.

EDIT: I begin to hate the colors of the coaster more and more, it is worse than the queen bee coaster. :o 

Edited by Wuis
19 minutes ago, Wuis said:

No, I mean the coaster I built. The old red is just a bit meh, maybe a more fierce red but I think I want to recolor that.

As long as nobody has claimed it you can make changes and upload it as v3.32a (within the 48 hour limit ofc), however if someone claims it while you're working on it, your extra changes are lost forever.

Queue: @Broxzier SuperVarken, ziscor, jensj12, Cascadia, Wuis
Missed: Philmon11, imlegos

Had this idea for a while now, but wasn't sure how to execute it so that it's visually pleasing on the exterior as well as the interior. In an ideal world, there would be a roof over the attraction but I've kept it off so you can see the interior.

So, without further ado, introducing: The Grand Tour, a dark ride that travels several corners of the globe all from the comfort of one theme park. Areas include Ancient Rome, the Tribal Jungle, Merry Castle, Crystal Creek Mining Town and the Frosty Plains. 

I'll inevitably tweak the exterior at some point down the line, and anyone else may feel free to do so also.

SCR13.png

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.33.sv6

• Like 1

Here's an idea to make it 'sorta' indoors: do it the way the Sims games do it. You know, the way one wall (the back one from a certain angle) is made completely, the other edges are slightly view able, roof is semi- complete etc. Think of a doll house. Almost all indoor rides on NED use this technique I believe. You'll have to decide which view it looks correct from though, since other angles will not give the slightest of view.

If this was exactly you meant by  "I'll inevitably tweak the exterior at some point down the line" pardon the second-guessing. :P

Maybe I should present the idea more clearly:

c.png

Edited by ziscor

3 things that need to be improved sometime:

SCR107.png

The orange one is already edited in the screenshot and has to do with pathfinding (seems just removing those paths fixes it). Both red circles need their looks to be improved when the park is extended. Ideally, the left one should be completely removed as it is just a temporary path.

2 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

A roof won't make a ride indoors afaik, only underground sections make it rain proof. A roof would thus be only for the looks (and that's why we build stuff here).

Ah, did not know that (are the devs considering adding roofs making rides indoors to the game- it would make sense).  If he does go with what @ziscor suggested, maybe make the see-through part of the roof glass, to give a feeling that the roof is there, just "peeled-away"?

Build one new ride: Dangerous Flora, an Enterprise. It's near the border of the jungle, the perfect place for guests to get some used to the jungle's horrors. Nearby guests can get some drinks and food, to prepare for their adventure ahead.

aTJrjrs.png

Other things:

• Fixed the issues jensj showed
  • Fixed a pathing issue that caused guests to get lost
  • Removed the temporary path, it doesn't seem to be needed anymore
  • Placed a bunch of benches and bins around the jungle area
  • Named all staff members, don't threat them as numbers!

@Dan: I included the indoor thingy for this save. If you want to do it your way, feel free to remove what I added.

Queue: @SuperVarken, ziscor, jensj12, Cascadia, Wuis
Missed: Philmon11, imlegos

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.34.sv6

Edited by Broxzier

I love the addition to the indoor ride, kinda sad to see that you only added an enterprise though. Always excited what you bring to the park as you might not have the best attraction/restaurant but are consistent in making one of the best bits.