Group Park 4

Broxzier

Claimed: jensj12
Queue: Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier, SensualEthiopianPolice, RedScope53, _SpacE_, YoloSweggLord
Missed: cascadia

(not sure if it has been discussed yet) Are we building with or without WW/TT/CS? Last park was with expansions and CS, so are we doing one without now?

Edited by jensj12
2 hours ago, jensj12 said:

Claimed: jensj12
Queue: Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier, SensualEthiopianPolice, RedScope53, _SpacE_, YoloSweggLord

(not sure if it has been discussed yet) Are we building with or without WW/TT/CS? Last park was with expansions and CS, so are we doing one without now?

This park is expansion free. I am not sure about CS and how it impacts the savefile.

On 6-8-2016 at 19:18, YoloSweggLord said:

If we want to do a group park with cc/expansions, why don't we start one separately, and leave this one as the "official-ish" group park?

I'd like to keep this one the expansion-free park, but we can start another group park with expansion content and CS. If you guys agree, then let's do it :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, YoloSweggLord said:

@jensj12 If you want to, you can just delete the coaster I made since Broxzier pointed out it's breaking the rules. I can rebuild it, I have several screenshots and the layout is pretty simple. It'd be easier that way. :) 

Easiest way is to save it (with scenery) and to put it somewhere else. If you point out where, I can move it.

Someone decided to shorten my free time by about 4 hours without warning, so this will be it for today:

• Made calm pond a complete loop to prevent the boats getting stuck
  • Added bins and benches and hired an extra handyman (guests were already complaining about litter)
  • Opened Green Machine (didn't have time to destroy it)
  • Recolored the umbrella's
  • Built Hardwood House (name subject to change). As always , a nice (lots of airtime) and calm (avg. speed of 12 km/h) ghost train ride near the entrance, but hidden behind some trees. If the hacked parts of the ride look really bad, just tell me and I'll make them visible again.
  • The park: The OpenRCT Group Park 4.03a.sv6

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-08-26 21-32-32.png

Claimed: -
Queue@Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier, SensualEthiopianPolice, RedScope53, _SpacE_, YoloSweggLord, jensj12

• Like 1

Keep on building these big buildings, if this continues I'll be able to build a coaster as my turn comes. :P

Not sure what I would build if I can't build a coaster, maybe I'll build my traditional Go-kart track (well, I've built one in both parks I've been in, so it's sort of)

I honestly don't want to do a darkride as mine look way worse than others around here and I seem to perform better when decorating smaller attractions like the mine-themed simulator in the previous park or the go-karts in the first park. A darkride as first ride is keeping my mind busy though..

ontopic: Looks good Jensj12, I guess you wanted to add more supports over the place, but as this thief stole your precious time, you didn't. That's sad. Honestly, you should punish this thief by throwing marshmallows at him/her, that'll hurt!

EDIT: Now I am finally able to look at the park through the file, it actually looks kinda brown, like a tiny teeny bit.

Edited by Wuis

More supports? Where?

I went for a building you'd find deep in the forest, so the brown matches quite nicely. Some more colorful trees and other buildings/attractions should help against the brown looks.

48 minutes ago, Wuis said:

I honestly don't want to do a darkride as mine look way worse than others around here and I seem to perform better when decorating smaller attractions like the mine-themed simulator in the previous park or the go-karts in the first park. A darkride as first ride is keeping my mind busy though..

Remember my horrible first building(s)? Practice makes better. Just copy others to start with

Queen Bee and The Giraffe are already existing dark rides of mine, and I am not a real fan of them. The Giraffe a bit, because it took quite a while to build, but Queen Bee I only expanded on because it somehow all fitted together. I might do a darkride, but probably later on in the park, I'd like to combine it with a probably small but intense coaster.

EDIT: Sometimes this game makes illusions of roofs being everywhere and nowhere from a certain view, when you turn the camera you will see so. But as all shots were made from the same positions it looked like some parts had roofs where they hadn't. ;)

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

I have a basic layout of monorail/chair lift I'd like to build at some point. 
Also, can we agree, no monorail rides? I find them ugly and boring and they take away from the monorail being transport >_< (tho, if everyone wants them, that's cool too)

Red being monorail, yellow being chairlift.
GP4 Transport network.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RedScope53 said:

I have a basic layout of monorail/chair lift I'd like to build at some point. 
Also, can we agree, no monorail rides? I find them ugly and boring and they take away from the monorail being transport >_< (tho, if everyone wants them, that's cool too)

Red being monorail, yellow being chairlift.
GP4 Transport network.png

The monorail needs a fourth station, maybe at the center of the upper leg above the blue rectangles?

46 minutes ago, cascadia said:

The monorail needs a fourth station, maybe at the center of the upper leg above the blue rectangles?

I like the monorail and chairlift idea, but agree about the 4th station. Maybe we can also move them a bit since the space between some of them is a lot more than between others.

• Like 1

The monorail could work like that, maybe use the hanging ones as that is the only form of transport we haven't used. I though think that the 3rd station needs to be placed in or before the swamp and there needs to come another station in between the 1st and 2nd station. Also, don't insult monorail coasters! >:(:P 

• Like 1

I thought about starting a monorail station, but I held myself back from it because I didn't think we really had enough flat land to constitute it (I thought it might look awkward bringing it up the mountain.) However, I was planning on creating a chairlift up the mountain, at least from the base of the mountain near the river to the top of the mountain and somewhere to the left of the waterfall (like you have in the picture.) I do, though, think it would be smart to add a second one down to the beach like you have in the picture.

I hope Centric comes back, it says Centric hasn't been here since August 9th. :(

Might be a thing for the next park, in which we check for a second time if everyone is still here, in the previous park we also had a slow start due to people joining who didn't stick around, not that this is a big deal, but it's not neat to wait for a person who isn't even planning coming (anymore).

• Like 2

Transport rides from as we build our park. Whoever builds a station first can decide the location of the station, though if stations are too close to each other, one of them might end up as ghost station.

It is also possible to let the main transport ride only go over the mainland and add a few chairlifts to cover the mountains.

I'd vote for a hanging monorail this park.

6 hours ago, Wuis said:

The monorail could work like that, maybe use the hanging ones as that is the only form of transport we haven't used. I though think that the 3rd station needs to be placed in or before the swamp and there needs to come another station in between the 1st and 2nd station. Also, don't insult monorail coasters! >:(:P 

*insults them*