Group Park 4

Broxzier

I propose we just start with a bare minimum and add stuff as we go, for example we start out with just the basic tan brick, tan concrete, castle, and concrete walls and roofs, later on people can add in things such as jungle fences and fountains as we need them. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to use the Object Selection tool, I've never had a problem with it so it seems pretty stable. On the topic of debugging tools, would we be allowed to use the tile inspector to, say, create invisible track? On one hand it can be an issue of game stability, but on the other hand it really helps to show off the game and what's possible with OpenRCT2.

Edited by YoloSweggLord
  • Like 1

Agreed on the bare minimum selection. Especially for rides, just select the ones you need for your turn. It's how we've done it in the previous parks too.

24 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

On the topic of debugging tools, would we be allowed to use the tile inspector to, say, create invisible track? On one hand it can be an issue of game stability, but on the other hand it really helps to show off the game and what's possible with OpenRCT2.

Just remember to move all pieces you want to hide UP in the list, and then it'll be the exact same for vanilla RCT2, as there it will hide everything above a corrupt map element instead of just one.

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I compiled a list of eveyrone who wanted to join, and let Random.org randomize this to get a random order:

_SpacE_, YoloSwegLord, jensj12, cascadia, Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier

@jensj12 and @cascadia: Both of you stated you'd be busy, but that was a while ago, if you're still busy and unable to play, just move yourself to the missed turn list.

@imlegos and @RedScope53: I didn't see a clear message from you about wanting to join, if you do please add yourself somewhere in the list

The scenario file has been attached. Good luck @_SpacE__!

The OpenRCT Group Park 4.sc6

I'll take Jens' or Cascadia's spot if one of them is busy. Entrance looks good, Brox!

Won't have time for about another month except maybe in brief periods, so adding myself to the missed turns list:

Claimed: -
Queue: _SpacE_, YoloSwegLord, jensj12, Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier, SensualEthiopienPolice

Missed: cascadia

Claiming now!

edit: also will do as Broxzier said with the attractions and so on. I didn't know that the old parks already used the selection system! :D

Claimed: _SpacE__
Queue: YoloswegLord, jensj12, Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier, SensualEthiopienPolice

Missed: cascadia

Edited by _SpacE__

Puh I honestly had a hard time! I somehow have issues starting off a park just like that, but I think the result is pretty nice. I wanted to make a nice and small entrance area to the park how I know it from real parks and a bit of own influence of course, meaning no big attractions.

changelog:

• created an entrance area with a lot of scenery
  • Build a small food court with 4 stalls, including the obligatory Merry Go Round (that is the current name for it aswell, changing it to something else would be appreciated!)
  • Build a boat hire (I had to build a leading path after the start because the AI kept getting stuck on the same tile, I guess this can't be changed but it looks kind of ugly because of it... :( )
  • Build 2 very small mazes, that basically function as a mini "garden tour", I just really wanted to use the space that was left and I didn't see any other useful possibility

edit: if there is something crucially wrong with this, just blast it out and I will change it. :P

592cd74821.png

2217a1a5ef.png

I hope this inspires people to start off another amazing group park! 

Queue: @YoloSweggLord, jensj12, Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier, SensualEthiopienPolice, _SpacE__

The OpenRCT Group Park 4.01.sv6

Edited by _SpacE__
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

There's a clear definition of 'big coasters' in the rules: anything that can't make a 90 degree turn on a single tile. Only coasters that allow the standard wild mouse coaster designs are not considered big coasters.

This doesn't seem like a clear definition to me. The impulse coaster can make a 90 degree turn on a single tile (as can the twister, hyper twister, and many other "large" coasters), but it cannot make all the standard wild mouse designs. But then, neither can the spinning wild mouse, wooden wild mouse, or inverted hairpin coaster, as they all lack sloped turns. I'm not sure if there is any default coaster other than the wild mouse itself that can build all the same layouts.

Edited by X7123M3-256

I ended up getting this one done in a hurry, ended up having another appointment to make it to so I'm posting this here for the next person.

I made a Ferris Wheel named ferris wheel and a Vekoma family boomerang named Green Machine:

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-08-25 12-45-23.png

I also moved over 1 stall in the food court (the drinks stall) to maake room for a back entrance:The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-08-25 12-48-28.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-08-25 12-48-33.png

Queue: @jensj12, Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier, SensualEthiopianPolice, _SpacE_, YoloSweggLord

Missed: cascadia

The OpenRCT Group Park 4.02.sv6

• Like 2

Congrats on getting different kind of colours into the park. :P

I like the park so far it kinda gives me the feel of the beginner parks which always look so friendly and joyful.

Problems are seen at the boat ride and the maze as they require to have a higher capacity due to being such early on to the start. Maybe make an invisible track for the boats to get them back early? I could do so in my turn, if you'd like so.

@Wuis If you can make the tracks at the start invisible for example, that would be really nice, yes! And also thanks, I take it as a compliment that the park looks joyful. :P

@ectricsanon What issue? I mean the AI has the usual problem of swimming around too long and general horrible path finding, but I limited the area quite heavily and put a trackpiece at the end, so they will row into it faster. Are they getting stuck or the usual "Boat 1 still hasn't reached the station"?

edit: also thank you Yolo, I forgot to put a back entrance into the building.  And nice little coaster. :)

Edited by _SpacE__
1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

Sorry to say, but we agreed to not built coasters near the entrance, to keep that area easy on guests. I do like your coaster design though! But please move it further into the park.

Oh I'm sorry about that, I must not have seen/remembered that being discussed. I kinda can't do it now but I'll try to get it done first thing in the morning.

• Like 1