Group Park 4

Broxzier

I know I'm not a part of this, but I'd like to still provide input, are the trees place holders? If so, then ignore this really

The fir trees (Or whatever they're called these days) seem to be extremely abundant in the flat section, perhaps include more variety as well as include shrubs?

Edited by RCGames

The trees in the flat section really look like placeholders to me and honestly I hope they will be used as placeholders. 'I don't know what to build so I just plant a lot of trees' isn't the goal of this project. Other than that, I'd call this experiment a great succes. The terrain can still be changed massively as we build our park (at least I'll do).

Basic entrance:

ujeDkZX.png

The land where the footpaths are on, and the area between them, are not owned, so be careful around here when building paths (guests and staff will not be able to walk there, but rides are fine)

• Removed all non-standard paths from the park and scenery list (aren't we keeping it expansion-free anymore?)
  • Removed some paths - there shouldn't be so many to start with, they will be made when necessary
  • Build a more obvious dam to keep the new water area from flooding the entire park!
  • Made the rocks in the water more realistic
  • Made the mountain more realistic
  • Fixed the corrupt map edges (probably caused by me :P)

Video of how I edited the mountains: http://www.broxzier.com/files/ShareX/2016-08-24_17-24-02.mp4 (I will make this into a feature for everyone to use eventually)

The difference viewer (hover over the screenshot to change between before/after image): http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/182290

1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

The terrain can still be changed massively as we build our park

Exactly! This landscape is just there to prevent us from having a completely flat park in the end.

The OpenRCT Group Park 4.sc6

• Like 2

I compiled a list of eveyrone who wanted to join, and let Random.org randomize this to get a random order:

_SpacE_, YoloSwegLord, jensj12, cascadia, Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier

@jensj12 and @cascadia: Both of you stated you'd be busy, but that was a while ago, if you're still busy and unable to play, just move yourself to the missed turn list.

@imlegos and @RedScope53: I didn't see a clear message from you about wanting to join, if you do please add yourself somewhere in the list

The scenario file has been attached. Good luck @_SpacE__!

Edited by Broxzier

I like the changes you made to the scenario, Broxzier. Just want to point out that viewing it is kinda tricky cause of the picture's resolution, I had to minimize the zoom to see the whole thnig while keeping my mouse off the picture. Also that smiley face for some weird reason reminds me of the logo for the Smiler at Alton Towers.

2 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I compiled a list of eveyrone who wanted to join, and let Random.org randomize this to get a random order:

_SpacE_, YoloSwegLord, jensj12, cascadia, Centric, Dan, Philmon11, ectricsanon, BlazingEmpireHD, Wuis, ImABoss, Broxzier

@jensj12 and @cascadia: Both of you stated you'd be busy, but that was a while ago, if you're still busy and unable to play, just move yourself to the missed turn list.

@imlegos and @RedScope53: I didn't see a clear message from you about wanting to join, if you do please add yourself somewhere in the list

The scenario file has been attached. Good luck @_SpacE__!

Oh wow I am first... The pressure gets real! I will claim it tomorrow morning, it is 12am GMT+2 atm for me so I won't be able to really work on it. (european here)

So I assume the entrance is already kinda done or should I put more emphasis on that tomorrow, scenery wise?

I came back from Russia a few days ago, so I can join (wow, that list is long).

Just now, _SpacE__ said:

So I assume the entrance is already kinda done or should I put more emphasis on that tomorrow, scenery wise?

Anything within the rules is allowed, but an entrance area would be nice (if you need inspiration, look at real theme parks or the other group parks). Just try to be creative :) 

german, but it is pretty close. ;)

@Broxzier What I just did notice is that there are absolutely 0 attractions when you start the scenario...! The only thing there is is a ferris wheel. ;)

I sadly don't know at all what is and isn't expansion pack or not because I own them and never really thought about it. (There are obvious things, but especially scenery wise I have no clue)

edit: scenery is standard for me, meaning also all expansion signs etc.

2d9b2c2ed3.png

70e9fe97d0.png

And that is my scenario, when I open it in the editor... Did I import it incorrectly or something? :S

6a8246f161.png

Edited by _SpacE__
5 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

@_SpacE__: I see you have debugging tools enabled already, click on the two cogs in the top-left toolbar, and pick Object Selection. In the window that pops up, click filters, and select only RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, then it will only list the objects you may use.

Alright, basically the scenario editor options then. Should I just activate the ones I want to use for now and we basically get more and more things the longer the park runs? I could add all the coasters etc tomorrow I guess, I don't know if everyone wants to use the debugging tools.