Group Park 4

Broxzier

The layout of the paths remind me of the Efteling. :P 

I think it's quite a good idea, but to let people have that much space on flat terrain seems a bit excessive, especially if they aren't going for the one or two giga coasters the park will have. Also, I like the fact that the centre square is something white, thus a building or a nice fountain, I'd like such.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wuis said:

The layout of the paths remind me of the Efteling. :P 

I think it's quite a good idea, but to let people have that much space on flat terrain seems a bit excessive, especially if they aren't going for the one or two giga coasters the park will have. Also, I like the fact that the centre square is something white, thus a building or a nice fountain, I'd like such.

1 hour ago, YoloSweggLord said:

How about rerouting the river after the falls to go to the left instead of down? that way we can have some nice interactions with hte water (bridges, water rides, etc.)

I agree with these posts.

I kind of usually landscape while designing a coaster or whole area, so I am not sure if I can just do good landscaping for the sake of landscaping. :/ I would probably skip the landscaping and start with non-coaster entrance areas! But a general layout for the park is never wrong and I agree with cascadia on a water themed area, maybe even think about a "coast" theme? You know, with maybe a small woodie into the ocean + exctiting rides + stalls on a pier or something like that. ;)

Edited by _SpacE__
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, _SpacE__ said:

I kind of usually landscape while designing a coaster or whole area, so I am not sure if I can just do good landscaping for the sake of landscaping. :/ I would probably skip the landscaping and start with non-coaster entrance areas! But a general layout for the park is never wrong and I agree with cascadia on a water themed area, maybe even think about a "coast" theme? You know, with maybe a small woodie into the ocean + exctiting rides + stalls on a pier or something like that. ;)

Yes, let's add a coast to one of the edges of the map! :D

Edited by cascadia

Updated:

gDLFqxe.png

• Rough area moved to have a river through the park, this area should be big enough for most players to build one coaster on.
  • Beach with pier
  • no. 4 could be a swamp, or anything else. The area near the entrance will be gentle.

Personally I dislike the idea of having a swamp so close to a sea, it just doesn't make sense.

I'd atleast vote for a space themed area somewhere as nothing alike has yet featured in the park, yet it's one of the themes that is featured in the main game. Maybe combine it with the martian theme? If that wasn't in the expansions.

• Like 1

Not all rivers do though. And personally, I'm opposed to making swampy land there. I think it will prove too difficult to build realistically on swampy land. It's one thing to have plenty of land to build on and a river to interact with, but I don't think there will be any landmasses of any significant size enough to build on. If you want swampy land for a certain attraction or 2, I suggest you just add the swampy land when you build it, and only where necessary.

Edited by YoloSweggLord
5 hours ago, Wuis said:

Same goes for the Netherlands. It used to be a swamp once. ;)

But what I do get is that some people were looking forward to building something more beach-like. 

5 hours ago, YoloSweggLord said:

Not all rivers do though. And personally, I'm opposed to making swampy land there. I think it will prove too difficult to build realistically on swampy land. It's one thing to have plenty of land to build on and a river to interact with, but I don't think there will be any landmasses of any significant size enough to build on. If you want swampy land for a certain attraction or 2, I suggest you just add the swampy land when you build it, and only where necessary.

It doesn't have to be a big swamp that fills most of the coast- just a small one where the river meets the sea.

10 hours ago, YoloSweggLord said:

I've done a bit of research which caused me to the fact that all the big European river deltas do and as Cascadia said; most American do too. But we could move the swamp somewhat upwards just before the river is rapidly gaining more width, you could see this in real life to where the Biesbosch (Netherlands) is located. I can't find further examples, but one should be enough I think.

• Like 1
On 8/3/2016 at 18:42, YoloSweggLord said:

How about rerouting the river after the falls to go to the left instead of down? that way we can have some nice interactions with hte water (bridges, water rides, etc.)

I second this. 

Also, I'd be happy to help with the landscaping, so sign me up! Also. Should we make a rule about pathing? Like, themed paths is great, but at the same time, I see half of this type of path there and half of this type here. Should we have an overall design/material for the primary paths? Like for instance, the primary path idea in this picture. Also these are my path suggestions. They offer a somewhat unified look, yet diversity.path suggestions.png

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, RedScope53 said:

I second this. 

Also, I'd be happy to help with the landscaping, so sign me up! Also. Should we make a rule about pathing? Like, themed paths is great, but at the same time, I see half of this type of path there and half of this type here. Should we have an overall design/material for the primary paths? Like for instance, the primary path idea in this picture. Also these are my path suggestions. They offer a somewhat unified look, yet diversity.path suggestions.png

If we want to get into the game intro, we can't use custom content or any expansion packs.