Group Park 3

Broxzier

If I take my next turn is it cool to use for example the area between my two asian bits and besides that theme existing rides, let's say Phil's ride or the rides of Yimmy? 

If so, @Yimmy If I require to do so for theming sake, may I replace your rides to different spots? ( around that area) and

@Philmon11 Do you want me to adjust the coaster a bit to get it into the accepted space? Or atleast out of other attractions space?

Also just noticed for the first time that someone connected the backstage parts at the entrance to the main path. x)

On another note, the yellow color doesn't fit most spots where the monorail passes by and this can be adjusted by color schemes.

Sure cascadia, and to the chain lift issue, i'm pretty sure i made some invisible chain lifts on the first incline after the launch, if i didnt then just put some there and then it cant get stuck, because it would have a launch all the way up. I also put a chain before the block brakes in the middle of the ride.

1 hour ago, Philmon11 said:

Aye, like I said, I just started building and ended up with something cool. I'll be watching next turn. :P 

Again, not the first time. Keep your area in mind while building please.

Are you going to upload a version with the changed coaster?

Edited by Broxzier

Alright, I've made some changes to it. Brox, work off of this one if you haven't started already:

Changes:

Shortened the coaster outside of the area

Made it so if there is a safety cut out, it has an extremely low chance of stalling (The only way I can think of is if it doesn't make it up to the Mid Course Brake Run, which is impossible because it then has a chain lift on the hill up to it. And after the MCBR, the coaster can just go by itself.)

(Also Brox, what other time did I go outside of the limit?)

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.54a.sv6

Finished the swinging ship ride I made my last turn

ypyb6wL.png

Built a new coaster next to it, called Looper. The guest seem to love it.

pDd3FsM.png

The scenery entries limit has been reached, and I didn't see any unused ones in the list.

I also hired a handyman to water the Yoshi and its egg. I noticed there was a path beneath it, but it was too low and had no handyman on it.

Didn't do much other thing in the park this time.

Claimed: -
Queue: @ziscor, Cascadia, wilburg22, jensj12, Wuis, Yimmy, RedScope53, Dan, Philmon11, Broxzier
Missed: imlegos, SuperVarken, WobblyRails

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.55.sv6

• Like 1

Done. Here's the change log:

• Changed the color of the Monorail for all trains as well as the general track. In my opinion the Monorail track is better off with a color combo that goes suitably well with every other color: black/white. As for the trains, I just didn't like the old colors, lol. Feel free to change. 
  • Named all the rest of the numbered handymen actual names. Don't read them, please.
  • I've made a path that leads inside the whole flat ride fest going above. Hope to add a car ride or something in there if possible in the future. If anyone would like to, please utilize that indoor area yourself while letting me know. For now, the path isn't connected to the main peep paths, nor have I built indoors yet through zero clearances. Keep it as it is unless you plan on building a ride or something.

htr.PNG

• Added waiting times for half-loads (min. and max. both) for the above mentioned flat-rides, hopefully rides are more practical now.
  • Cleared some useless forest area I had made in the last turn to make more space; painted it the usual golden-grid texture. The forest cover does occupy a lot of space, I must say.

Just putting it out there for discussion: could this park do with a second entrance? I was thinking it might add more evenly distributed peep traffic to the entire park, which might allow neglected rides to become popular. This is all just speculation on my part, but what are y'all's thoughts? 

Boy, this save file is getting quite large now, amirite? I'd love for us to make this park CC/ Expansion free so it can be considered for the next Title Sequence! xD

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.56.sv6

Queue: @cascadia, wilburg22, jensj12, Wuis, Yimmy, RedScope53, Dan, Philmon11, Broxzier, ziscor

1 hour ago, ziscor said:

Just putting it out there for discussion: could this park do with a second entrance? I was thinking it might add more evenly distributed peep traffic to the entire park, which might allow neglected rides to become popular. This is all just speculation on my part, but what are y'all's thoughts? 

Boy, this save file is getting quite large now, amirite? I'd love for us to make this park CC/ Expansion free so it can be considered for the next Title Sequence! xD

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.56.sv6

Sure, why not?  Where do you think the best place would be for the second entrance?

I think it would be much easier if we were simply to make a park heavily inspired by the current one. 

1 hour ago, ziscor said:

Can we kick off the guys in the missed turn list? Seems to me they haven't returned in a while even after several name mentions.

48 minutes ago, imlegos said:

I'll do something when I can think of something to do.

How about kicking off only those who don't respond saying they'd like to keep themselves on the missed list for a few more turns?

Claimed: cascadia
Queue: wilburg22, jensj12, Wuis, Yimmy, RedScope53, Dan, Philmon11, Broxzier, ziscor

Built bridges across the pond in front of Reddington Station and across the river in front of Natural Reclamation to solve pathing issues.

Removed unused scenery- we now have 10 small scenery slots left!  We also have plenty of room for large scenery slots and path signs, as well as one slot left for a path! 

@cascadia you seem to be on a roll with fixing tons of pathing issues lately, which makes me doubt they are all real issues (I can't find nearly as many when looking for them myself). Please triple check (watch a guest turn around three times, of which 2 at the same spot) before attempting a fix. Not every 'I'm lost' thought means there is a pathing issue. 'It's too crowded here' is often a good indication as well (unless it's near a ride exit). Furthermore, not every issue needs a new path, checking existing paths takes priority (for which you need to know the game mechanics, I've posted an issue about that on github). Second comes a natural new path that looks like it's part of the park. Lots of shortcut paths makes the park look worse.

Don't get me wrong, fixing them is good, but don't overdo it.

I'd vote against a second entrance for now. We already have a nice one with a nice area around it (which can't be done better with the room we have left). Peeps also don't take advantage of it when leaving the park (they'll always head to the entrance they came from).

39 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

@cascadia you seem to be on a roll with fixing tons of pathing issues lately, which makes me doubt they are all real issues (I can't find nearly as many when looking for them myself). Please triple check (watch a guest turn around three times, of which 2 at the same spot) before attempting a fix. Not every 'I'm lost' thought means there is a pathing issue. 'It's too crowded here' is often a good indication as well (unless it's near a ride exit). Furthermore, not every issue needs a new path, checking existing paths takes priority (for which you need to know the game mechanics, I've posted an issue about that on github). Second comes a natural new path that looks like it's part of the park. Lots of shortcut paths makes the park look worse.

Don't get me wrong, fixing them is good, but don't overdo it.

I'd vote against a second entrance for now. We already have a nice one with a nice area around it (which can't be done better with the room we have left). Peeps also don't take advantage of it when leaving the park (they'll always head to the entrance they came from).

For these two issues, I've checked and they do turn around and complain.  Putting these two bridges in also raises the park rating.

SCR12.png

Changes this turn:

Built Skid Row Mice, a compact spinning wild mouse coaster where guests can ride log skids to deliver logs to a sawmill.

Built an ice skating rink.

Built more food courts.

Fixed a pathing issue.

Deleted some restrooms that were very close to other restrooms.

Added more scenery here and there.

Deleted all unused scenery.

Named all unnamed rides and stalls.

Also, a challenge:

I've included a zipline coaster DAT in the park.  If anyone wants to take up this challenge, simply build a zipline coaster that meets these requirements:

-It must mostly make use of space in between rides, not virgin land.

It must look somewhat like a real zipline, not a coaster.

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.57.sv6

Queue: @wilburg22 , jensj12, Wuis, Yimmy, RedScope53, Dan, Philmon11, Broxzier, ziscor
Missed: @imlegos , @SuperVarken@WobblyRails

Not adding myself back in to the list since I won't have computer access for a while.

@cascadia May I do an adjustment to the roof of the Skid Row Mice station in my upcoming turn? Got an idea! :D 

Edit:

No problem opening the file, if it doesn't open, close the game and it'll probably add the items when restarting the game. (Atleast that seems to be the case most of the times)

Edited by Wuis