Group Park 3

Broxzier

28 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I build a Mega Swinging Ship. It's not finished, but I want to go to bed, and tomorrow I don't have much time :P I'll probably further improve it my next turn.

F2aJw1x.png

That looks awesome! May I ask, how did you get the wooden panels to slope?

Edited by RedScope53
2 hours ago, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

has anyone suggested using the group park as the title screen yet?

That would be a great idea, but aren't the current title screen parks small with few rides because the game has to load them to play the scenes? 

14 minutes ago, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

I thought that loading problems happens when it has to load another park. If that's the case then the group park is a great fix.

So, just load one big park (in this case, the ORCT2 forum group park) and just show different areas in the park in the game's main screen?

Edited by cascadia
13 minutes ago, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

yup that's the gist of it. And if it's framed right, it might even look like several different parks

That's a pretty great idea.  There are several themed areas in this park, so it would be pretty easy to make it look like several different parks. 

3 hours ago, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

has anyone suggested using the group park as the title screen yet?

Yes. The first Group Park has been featured as the title screen once at least. The reason it worked out for it was because

1. It was a small park
  2. It had no custom scenery/ rides in it

The 2nd one is still WIP (and I reckon it will be until we move to our own file format). The only reason I see this park can not be featured is because of the excessive use of CC. 

9 minutes ago, ziscor said:

Yes. The first Group Park has been featured as the title screen once at least. The reason it worked out for it was because

1. It was a small park
  2. It had no custom scenery/ rides in it

The 2nd one is still WIP (and I reckon it will be until we move to our own file format). The only reason I see this park can not be featured is because of the excessive use of CC. 

So why don't we do a group park dedicated to being the main screen park?

I'd like to claim the park now!

Claimed: ziscor
Queue: jensj12, Cascadia, Wuis, Yimmy, RedScope53, WobblyRails, Dan, Broxzier
Missed: imlegos, SuperVarken, Philmon11

Also, I agree with Broxzier. Let's try moving the entrance queue of Tribal closer to the crossing.

1 minute ago, SensualEthiopianPolice said:

So why don't we do a group park dedicated to being the main screen park?

I like that idea a lot. We'll have to make things performance friendly, though. That will be the main focus if we wanna make a park strictly for the title screen. :D

Just now, ziscor said:

Also, I agree with Broxzier. Let's try moving the entrance queue of Tribal closer to the crossing.

I like that idea a lot. We'll have to make things performance friendly, though. That will be the main focus if we wanna make a park strictly for the title screen. :D

Absolutely. And well section the park so it looks distinctly different in certain areas, which is much more performance friendly than several parks.

1 minute ago, ziscor said:

I could see a small, detailed park being great for a title screen. Maybe do it on a server so everyone can do it at once or something.

Once this park is done we can edit/redo the parts made with WW/TT/custom objects. That will make it a good title sequence park. It also has enough properly used OpenRCT2-only features to showcase (think of the entrance hut of fly away and world tour).

Thanks, @cascadia! I'd very much like it if everyone molded this castle area, seeing we're going low on space and I'm running out of ideas on what to do with it. If not, I'll do things to it as I find more inspiration. I'll also have to look at IRL castles. Whatever suits you folks!

I'll work more on it tomorrow, but here's how it looks right now:

fwweffwf.PNG

1 hour ago, ziscor said:

Thanks, @cascadia! I'd very much like it if everyone molded this castle area, seeing we're going low on space and I'm running out of ideas on what to do with it. If not, I'll do things to it as I find more inspiration. I'll also have to look at IRL castles. Whatever suits you folks!

I'll work more on it tomorrow, but here's how it looks right now:

fwweffwf.PNG

Thats a beautiful castle! Medieval history has always been my thing, and anything related is completely awesome, and that castle is awesome.

I've taken a lot of time already, so I'll end my turn right here. 

So I tried a lot of ideas for a castle, but all of them looked bland (I was trying to make the castle with Vanilla Scenery) so instead I opted for no castle at all. Instead, I did this: 

kkk.PNG

jjj.PNG

Also placed appropriate handymen, with patrols, to this area. I did try to push the Monorail inside it but I wasn't satisfied with it.

Sorry, but I did nothing new elsewhere. I am still in support of changing the queue of Tribal to be directed toward the intersection, but the coaster's design and scenery makes me fear I might screw it up.

Again, I'd really appreciate it if others could improve upon this place. The space between the maze and the flat rides is empty because I do not know what to fill it with.

Claimed: -
Queue: @jensj12, Cascadia, Wuis, Yimmy, RedScope53, WobblyRails, Dan, Broxzier, ziscor

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.47.sv6

(The Lighting isn't an issue, is it? I'll take normal images next time if it's an annoyance.)

Claiming.  Going to try and cram all of my ideas into this turn since I may or may not have time for the next turn.

Claimed: Cascadia
Queue: Wuis, Yimmy, RedScope53, WobblyRails, Dan, Broxzier, ziscor
Missed: imlegos, SuperVarken, Philmon11, jensj12