Group Park 3

Broxzier

SCR148.png

SCR149.pngSCR150.png

Update(wip):

I will make a huge hyper coaster, as I think I noted earlier. I already claimed the park this evening to build the coaster so you can give your opinions about it. (Have not done terrain colours as I'm not sure yet.) 

Things that are still planned doing are pretty much all things there are, terraforming, supports, decoration and trees for when not confident. It's a bit big, I will give you that, but I am open to changing things, these are:

• Moving the track more towards the border, which though will lead to a connecting garden because I still want it to be part of the Asian area.
  • Somewhat shortening the track, lowering the first drop and pretty much let the coaster start from the first block brakes
  • Redoing any track part that is disliked, taking any further suggestions that I've obviously not come up with

Gimme all the ideas you have, from names, colors to layout advice and whole story backgrounds. If it ends up that we don't want such huge coaster at all, I will work on something else, there are still great coasters that aren't in this park yet. Like an inverted coaster, a fast pace woodie or a launched coaster. I just had this in mind, so that's what I build. But if it's a bit too much I totally understand so, cause it's kinda big. But I'll wrap it up here, even though I could tell you all about the coaster, it would just be a drag to read. :P 

Edited by Wuis

That coaster is pretty big and doesn't allow for much freedom on the area behind it. I see you're planning to move it already, making it easier for others to build near that area. Otherwise the area you're using up now is way past the limit.

Way too big according to the rules listed on the first page. Note that the red/yellow squares are 5x5. You're using about 120x20=2400 out of 900 tiles. If you want it to be 150 tiles long, make it 6 tiles wide and put it at the edge of the map. We can't revert the edits one player made and let someone else get away with it, sorry. If you're still going for a huge hyper coaster, make sure you change the terrain, let it go through tunnels/valleys and over hills and such. That makes it easier for others to create a varied landscape.

55 minutes ago, cascadia said:

Looks much, much better. :D

Also, a few issues I found (not related to anything Wuis did):

There's a path leading towards the castle that's dirty and needs janitors.

Riverside Spa and Inn needs to be opened.

On it!

UPDATE 3:

SCR154.png

• Added supports to the lifthill Shall I continue such through the whole coaster?
  • Corrupted the track tiles of the Riverside Venetian Boat Thing, so now they're gone. @cascadia You might still want to add something along the lines of a buoy(?)
  • Added a janitor to the suspiciously dirty path
  • There's a picture that explains smaller things. :P 
Edited by Wuis
1 hour ago, Wuis said:

On it!

UPDATE 3:

• Added supports to the lifthill Shall I continue such through the whole coaster?
  • Corrupted the track tiles of the Riverside Venetian Boat Thing, so now they're gone. @cascadia You might still want to add something along the lines of a buoy(?)
  • Added a janitor to the suspiciously dirty path
  • There's a picture that explains smaller things. :P 

Those supports look great!  You should continue to add them!

Thanks!  :D  You can add buoys, if you want to.

Keep up the good work!  Do you plan to extend the main path by the Asia area to the station, or do you plan to build one from within the Asia area to the coaster's station?

Also, do you plan to extend the monorail yourself and build the fourth station, or do you plan to leave that to other people? 

That's better indeed. It's probably still too big (also counting the practically unusable tiles at the side of it), but I can live with that. I hope someone manages to properly add something on the tiles Wuis reclaimed from the wire it to save aome space :P 

I want to build the last monorail station (if it hasn't been done by someone else by that time)

Edited by jensj12
4 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

That's better indeed. It's probably still too big (also counting the practically unusable tiles at the side of it), but I can live with that. I hope someone manages to properly add something on the tiles Wuis reclaimed from the wire it to save some space :P 

I want to build the last monorail station (if it hasn't been done by someone else by that time)

Well, there's plenty of flat rides you could add and theme there...  ;)

Well. I think I leaf ( :P ) most of it as a tree festival, there are just some tiny spots that might require some theming work.( The first two drops, the supposed to be hammerhead turn, block brakes, splash area, brakes and ofcourse the station) This so I don't have to go do a heck amount of work and people don't have to hesitate building there. I think I will expand the main path and hope nobody builds a rainbow-themed coaster or anything between the coaster and the area(As I supposed not being able to also get that bit), so I can either build a dojo, a pagoda or a garden in that area. 

Make the best darn station for that beast, Wuis! xD

We still have the castle to ourselves, guys. Please remember that. Hell, remove a bunch of rides if you have a better thing in mind, like a coaster or any tracked rides. (I should also mention that we should add a load time to the flat rides I made there; forgot to mention that at the time)

I think we can delete some rides we made ourselves and make something better there. I certainly am gonna do it(watch out, Magical Gardens)

1 hour ago, wilburg22 said:

Theres plenty of compact coaster options aswell *poke poke*

True.  Hopefully someone will build one or two coasters in the space between Wuis' supercoaster. 

14 minutes ago, ziscor said:

Make the best darn station for that beast, Wuis! xD

We still have the castle to ourselves, guys. Please remember that. Hell, remove a bunch of rides if you have a better thing in mind, like a coaster or any tracked rides. (I should also mention that we should add a load time to the flat rides I made there; forgot to mention that at the time)

I think we can delete some rides we made ourselves and make something better there. I certainly am gonna do it(watch out, Magical Gardens)

Another option is to build a tracked ride under the existing flat rides already there.  You might also want to replace them with new flat rides not in the park before. 

I'm going to end this turn, the last hours are kinda dragging on right now. Usually I would spread this over 3 days or a week, but that isn't really possible right now. You can destroy everything surrounding the coaster if that object else would conflict with your own attraction. Only the station area is "Protected" (Straight splash bit before last hill, Storage Track, Station, Lake etc. You get the deal). Quite happy with the station, as I just started placing walls and it ended up like this. Only thing that I got from an actual Chinese building are the roofed balconies. (which still look way different.

• Build Qin Dynasty, a hyper coaster
  • Made track of Cascadia's Venetian Boat Ride invisible
  • Added several gates to accompany supports above paths
  • Widened the path to the Hogwarts Castle

I thought no path issues would occur with the path I expanded, sorry in advance if it did.

SCR165.png

SCR166.pngSCR158.png

Claimed: -
Queue: @Yimmy, RedScope53, WobblyRails, Dan, Broxzier, ziscor, Cascadia, wilburg22, jensj12, Wuis
Missed: imlegos , SuperVarken, philmon11

EDIT: (Forgot to open coaster and added new save file)

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.50a.sv6

happened when opening Qin Dynasty for a second: SCR161.png

*New save file changes:

• a temporary path alongside the coaster
  • 2 handymen, one for the coaster, one for the temporary path
  • Somewhat further in time, so the masses (the 321 people) have mostly left

Edited by Wuis
New save file

I don't have computer access for at least a few months due to being very busy after the 21st.  Does anyone mind if I move myself into the missed turns list, take a quick turn shortly before the 21st, and not add myself to the list again afterwards?

The 21st is still some time away from now, I think you'll get a turn before than already. I'm also not fond of messing with the order like that, since that means you can basically skip the queue and go before everyone who is waiting for their turn now.

16 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

The 21st is still some time away from now, I think you'll get a turn before than already. I'm also not fond of messing with the order like that, since that means you can basically skip the queue and go before everyone who is waiting for their turn now.

How about waiting until shortly before then and if I don't get a turn before then, move myself to the missed turn list and taking a turn if available at the time?