Group Park 6

Broxzier

5 hours ago, Tune said:

Update.

I'm making a kart track in this area which I've appropriately named Kalimari Desert

Only I'm still a bit confused about what scenery we're allowed to use. I noticed there's not much scenery selected yet, but we also did the strawpoll to figure out which sets were the most populair. Am I only allowed to pick scenery that ended up high in that list? 

Either way, I'm gonna need some pieces from the mining theme probably. :D

2017-05-25 12_17_04-OpenRCT2.png

Nice work!  :D

Also, since the Mine theme is literally the one with the most votes, go ahead and just add the entire theme!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TheMightyClem said:

I can be bumped down the list a little more. Still trying to get a hold of how you guys do things so I'm going to watch for a couple more turns. Thanks!

When your name comes up in queue, just pass by moving your name to the 'missed list'. At that point you pass on your turn BUT you can re-insert your name to the front of the queue at any time.

• Like 2

I feel I need to clarify what my thinking was for this map.

I only divided the areas to help me. I purposely did not add foliage or paint the terrain as to expose a blank canvas giving each builder there own take as to what to build. The plots are not intended to keep a builder within an area. This is just me saying I did not add rules to this build, that's the moderators job. Soooo.. don't think that because I layed out a grid that means it has to be used... :D

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

I feel I need to clarify what my thinking was for this map.

I only divided the areas to help me. I purposely did not add foliage or paint the terrain as to expose a blank canvas giving each builder there own take as to what to build. The plots are not intended to keep a builder within an area. This is just me saying I did not add rules to this build, that's the moderators job. Soooo.. don't think that because I layed out a grid that means it has to be used... :D

We had the problem on previous maps though were builders did not terraform the map though. Personally I don't do so because I get an idea of things while building. So if I pop a enterprise down I just look at the surroundings and do whatever comes up in my mind. Only if I decide from scratch I want an attraction dug into the ground or a mine train, things along the lines of that, I terraform because I then know I need to do so, else I realise later on. (And personally if you make like a wild mouse, it doesn't really matter)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wuis said:

We had the problem on previous maps though were builders did not terraform the map though. Personally I don't do so because I get an idea of things while building. So if I pop a enterprise down I just look at the surroundings and do whatever comes up in my mind. Only if I decide from scratch I want an attraction dug into the ground or a mine train, things along the lines of that, I terraform because I then know I need to do so, else I realise later on. (And personally if you make like a wild mouse, it doesn't really matter)

Understandable, and agree.. I found it odd that only @cascadia and I started out the map... makes it kinda different to form for all..  I hope builders are ok with this layout, although my next turn I may do some additional forming 

1 hour ago, SpiffyJack said:

Understandable, and agree.. I found it odd that only @cascadia and I started out the map... makes it kinda different to form for all..  I hope builders are ok with this layout, although my next turn I may do some additional forming 

So more terraforming on our turns is okay - as long as we don't go over board- and the blocks outlined on the current map aren't hard boarders for builders? Am I reading this all right? If I see that spilling over onto another block is necessary for my build I'm okay to do so as long as it doesn't go too big?

13 minutes ago, TheMightyClem said:

So more terraforming on our turns is okay - as long as we don't go over board- and the blocks outlined on the current map aren't hard boarders for builders? Am I reading this all right? If I see that spilling over onto another block is necessary for my build I'm okay to do so as long as it doesn't go too big?

The rules state "Be reasonable" not "Stay in the grid". So, going beyond the grid laid out currently is a-ok!

Besides, expecting someone to fit a coaster into just one of those squares is insane.

Edited by imlegos
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, TheMightyClem said:

I don't know what i'm gonna do,... They are not hard borders. You can go big, just keep the other builders in mind :D 

EDIT: 

Absolutely you can TForm all you want. 

Edited by SpiffyJack
16 minutes ago, imlegos said:

The rules state "Be reasonable" not "Stay in the grid". So, going beyond the grid laid out currently is a-ok!

Besides, expecting someone to fit a coaster into just one of those squares is insane.

Defiantly, i would use 3 minimum  

50 minutes ago, imlegos said:

I figured coasters would be an exception to that rule.

33 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

Defiantly, i would use 3 minimum  

Sounds good. Thank you guys for the clarification.

Alright. Here it is: The Kalahari Desert Run.

It's a kart track where the guests can race around and over a naturally formed rock in the desert. 

To make it more exciting there's the Kalahari Desert Express going around running over inattentive racers.

5927f7bdb41cb_2017-05-2512_17_04-OpenRCT2.thumb.png.a278460d6ed7a04722503f4447f60c90.png

I couldn't actually get the train to run properly. At the junctions the train would go off the rails and follow along with the kart track. Which looked pretty awesome, but was rather impractical. :o 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6.02.sv6

Queue: @SpiffyJack, imlegos, TheMightyClem, giraty, WobblyRails, Broxzier, RedScope53, Jochem, Wuis, Cascadia, Tune
Missed: jensj12

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Wuis said:

that's a kart from the expansions though, isn't it? Because we wouldn't be using these.

Ah. I though we were just limited to no custom objects. :/ 

Well if it's really a problem I can change it to the default kart track. Shouldn't be too hard.

4 minutes ago, Wuis said:

Also poor gorilla doesn't even have pathing. :(

Donkey Kong is a free man Gorilla. He can't be bound down to paths. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, RedScope53 said:

@Tune That looks great! Two of my favourite rides to make are monorails(well any transport really) and go karts. (Mostly because I suck at making coasters)

Thanks! Go Karts are my favorite to make too. I would have made one in Group Park 5 too, but you beat me to it. ;) 

It's still a shame I can't have the train and karts run at the same time without the trains/karts going off their track. @Broxzier, do you know if that's possible?

1 hour ago, Tune said:

It's still a shame I can't have the train and karts run at the same time without the trains/karts going off their track. @Broxzier, do you know if that's possible?

You can't have two starting/end points of track pieces at the same tile and height without breaking one of them. One way to work around this problem is by using larger pieces that go through the other track.

Mixed old tech with new tech to provide guests with a glimpse into the past mined out mine shafts left behind in 1847. Guests can now dive directly into the Earths surface and return unharmed while experiencing a once in lifetime ride through the future and the past.

1. Introducing: "Mine Warp"  (w.i.p. at 90%)

2. Added some Handymen

3. Added some Mechanics

4. Removed grid lines

5. Added terrain paint (NON-Binding)

6. Added springs inlets at lake top (just an idea I used from @cascadia comment)

Park Name Suggestion: 

"HIGHLAND SPRINGS AMUSEMENT PARK"

5929ee52a90e0_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2713-59-33.thumb.png.6a95c10119714c41ee0c754a144cb689.png5929ee618a294_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2713-55-03.thumb.png.29202a2af1ef103c469ed63c5690e4ca.png5929ee6c0e5ad_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2713-59-50.thumb.png.1038e024388ab83e63c389dc8d7bc33f.png

Queue:  @imlegos, @TheMightyClem, @giraty, @WobblyRails, @Broxzier, RedScope53, Jochem, Wuis, Cascadia, Tune, SpiffyJack
Missed: @jensj12

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 6.03.sv6

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 2