Group Park 6

Broxzier

Sla5Dbv.png

Group Park 5 is almost been completely filled, so it's time to start Group Park 6!

How does it work?

Multiple players extend and improve on a park by taking turns. Who gets a turn is decided by a queue, where the person in front may take theirs. When joining, you'll be placed at the end of the queue, and have to wait until you reach the front before you may take yours. To not keep the rest waiting too long, there are two time limits. When someone reaches the front of the queue, they have 24 hours to claim the park, and once claimed they have 48 hours to work on it. Once finished they will post the new saved game with a short update log, a screenshot, and the updated queue, where they may add themselves to the end of again. When someone does not claim their turn in time, or went over the 48-hour limit after claiming it, they will be moved to a missed turn list, and the next person in the queue may take their turn. Anyone listed in the missed turn list is allowed to claim the park when it's not claimed already, or move themselves in the front of the current queue so that they may claim the park when the current player has finished. The missed turn list is not a queue, anyone in there has the same priority. First come first serve.

To join, simply read the rules and then leave a comment saying you want to join. You may add yourself to the end of the queue, or, when you're not sure, wait for someone else to do so.

Rules / Guidelines

• Keep it NSCO - Don't include any non-standard objects. This means both the content from the expansion packs and custom objects.
  • Be rational - Don't build things that cover a large portion of the map, or build coasters every turn. Look at what the others are building, and try to blend in.
  • Respect - Don't change things made by other players without their consent.
  • Hotfixes - Anyone may claim the park when it's not claimed already for hotfixes, but try to keep it claimed for a minimum amount of time. Tag the first person in the queue when done. Hotfixes do not need to increase the version number, but append something to the end of the filename (e.g. Group Park 6.12-crashfix, or simply Group Park 6.12a).
  • Versioning - Increase the version in the filename by one. The number that needs to increase is the one after the 6. part in the filename (6. is because it's the sixth group park, the part behind the dot is a separate number). The first 10 versions should contain a leading zero.

Just like the previous group parks, we're going to start with discussing the general idea of the park before the building begins. Some things have already been discussed in the previous topic, which you can read onward from here.

• Like 2

So shall we just make a multiple choice poll with all the themes available in the base game of RCT2? With the top something getting their own area?

Also, 4 themed areas seems a bit limited, unless we're suddenly going to build very widespread (which the rules still don't allow), there's no way such a big map is going to look cool that way. I also recommend to make themes from the basic pieces, here an example:

59220a2eeb80b_JoshuaValleyPark2017-04-2120-42-12.thumb.png.50197f9b78082a916e4d345830083712.png

(source: Make your own Six Flags Park that I am currently transforming, it was a bit of a sketch park but I want to turn in to a proper one now, you'll probably see more of this park in the future, but I can't tell when :P

As you can see, I've tried to make a greek theme, I'm sure there are more things that I could make, but I'll have to invest more time in the greek architecture and other weird structures. This could be done with a lot more things, especially theming towards countries. It might be a difficult for newer people though, that's the only criticism I give it.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2

THIS IS NOT A CLAIMED MAP, these are just here if you want any

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.a

I'm Just messing around :D 

Any file can be used OR none of the files .... by anyone until someone else claims I guess. I'm just gonna keep adding or whatever :D 

59226381b1f0b_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2121-02-53.thumb.png.7cb036bca3e079c62e4c1061ac3f9caa.png

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.a.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.b

59226b816ae81_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2121-38-38.thumb.png.e5c7f1f514be5af31aba151969972424.png

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.b.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.c

59226fc392ef8_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2121-56-29.thumb.png.8d49163545fddc9732a0251a7ccdde9b.png

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.c.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.d

592275bde1fca_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2122-21-07.thumb.png.15f40b4f71a30273b5ebb0162107aa34.png

The OpenRCT2 Forum Group Park 6.02.d.sv6

Edited by SpiffyJack
added file and image
  • Like 1

I think a mix of a few themes would be good. Take Pirate and medieval. Think Swiss Family Robinson like. A lot of themes would look good together. Obviously limited certain things, like, we wouldn't want a giant castle in a jungle, but a few pirate ships off the coast of a medieval world, or a few dinosaurs in the jungle-y roman mix wouldn't be too bad. (think a fantasy world, Romans in the jungle.)

Overall, I don't think splitting the map into four areas is a good idea. I think it A, limits the space for a theme, and B, I think it makes it too.. binary.  Free flowing themed areas, like say, Disney, are good. We'd just have to be careful not to change a theme too abruptly. Also, if we do do a four area map, the transport shouldn't be the boundary. I'm all for the hub in the middle tho. And I've got an idea for it too thats similar to Cascadia's. Thats just my thoughts tho. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RedScope53 said:

I think a mix of a few themes would be good. Take Pirate and medieval. Think Swiss Family Robinson like. A lot of themes would look good together. Obviously limited certain things, like, we wouldn't want a giant castle in a jungle, but a few pirate ships off the coast of a medieval world, or a few dinosaurs in the jungle-y roman mix wouldn't be too bad. (think a fantasy world, Romans in the jungle.)

Overall, I don't think splitting the map into four areas is a good idea. I think it A, limits the space for a theme, and B, I think it makes it too.. binary.  Free flowing themed areas, like say, Disney, are good. We'd just have to be careful not to change a theme too abruptly. Also, if we do do a four area map, the transport shouldn't be the boundary. I'm all for the hub in the middle tho. And I've got an idea for it too thats similar to Cascadia's. Thats just my thoughts tho. 

I agree with your mixing idea.

The map is divided into four quadrants, but that does NOT mean that we have to divide it into four areas.  Each of the quadrants can be divided into several areas. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cascadia said:

I agree with your mixing idea.

The map is divided into four quadrants, but that does NOT mean that we have to divide it into four areas.  Each of the quadrants can be divided into several areas. 

Right right. I just think we should be careful separating areas. 

2 hours ago, cascadia said:

I think it could be interesting if the tracks wouldn't be just the borders, but would have their own theme as well. For example, one side would take you through a jungle, then another side takes you through a roman themed area.

The poll was mostly meant to decide which themes to go with, as having them available from the start may help getting certain themed buildings in right away. In the previous parks I noticed that sometimes one person would add a new theme or even just one piece of scenery, and then that theme would be used much more often in the following turns, even though there were already many versions before without it being used at all.

1 hour ago, SpiffyJack said:

That's a cool poling page, although I really have to sign-in to poll? It's ...  Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean their not after me... kinda thing 

You don't have to sign in to vote, or even create polls! StrawPoll is completely free to use.

• Like 3

Hello everyone! I'm a complete and total noob to the forums but I would LOVE to contribute to this. I've been playing for years now and have never had the opportunity to do something like this. If there's a list, I'd like to be added to it. Is there a more detailed list of rules somewhere I can look over? I want to make sure I know everything before building. Thanks!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I think it could be interesting if the tracks wouldn't be just the borders, but would have their own theme as well. For example, one side would take you through a jungle, then another side takes you through a roman themed area.

The poll was mostly meant to decide which themes to go with, as having them available from the start may help getting certain themed buildings in right away. In the previous parks I noticed that sometimes one person would add a new theme or even just one piece of scenery, and then that theme would be used much more often in the following turns, even though there were already many versions before without it being used at all.

You don't have to sign in to vote, or even create polls! StrawPoll is completely free to use.

COOOOOOL ...!! @Broxzier thanks for setting up the new thread.

I'll vote.....

In hindsight... I like the idea of the quad tram system cross tracks. At this point i'm wondering if it shouldn't be implemented AFTER a map is designed... IDK... maybe more input is needed to divide areas appropriately.  I know i'm overthinking this... We have 4 quads, so maybe 4 per quad x4 for 16 areas...   or we leave it all flat and let nature decide with each claimed space between builders...