Group Park 6

Broxzier

1 hour ago, TheMightyClem said:

Hello everyone! I'm a complete and total noob to the forums but I would LOVE to contribute to this. I've been playing for years now and have never had the opportunity to do something like this. If there's a list, I'd like to be added to it. Is there a more detailed list of rules somewhere I can look over? I want to make sure I know everything before building. Thanks!

OMG ... go away!!! 

I'm totally kidding!!

If you get involved with the map, its more like a grab and go design kind of thing to help with the terraforming of the land.  After that the Queue will develop, at that point YOU put your name in Queue and then just wait your turn to build....

You are more than welcome to join! WELCOME!!!

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, SpiffyJack said:

OMG ... go away!!! 

I'm totally kidding!!

If you get involved with the map, its more like a grab and go design kind of thing to help with the terraforming of the land.  After that the Queue will develop, at that point YOU put your name in Queue and then just wait your turn to build....

You are more than welcome to join!

Sounds great! I'll keep my eyes peeled on the thread so I get a feel for things. Thanks for being so welcoming! ;) I look forward to working with you guys.

• Like 1
Just now, TheMightyClem said:

Sounds great! I'll keep my eyes peeled on the thread so I get a feel for things. Thanks for being so welcoming! ;) I look forward to working with you guys.

Seriously, you are very welcome to join the build! got to be honest though, I didn't have my glasses on and I thought you were TheMightyClam...  sooooo, I guess my next joke isn't so funny... :D 

3 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

Seriously, you are very welcome to join the build! got to be honest though, I didn't have my glasses on and I thought you were TheMightyClam...  sooooo, I guess my next joke isn't so funny... :D 

Funnily enough that's said to me ALL the time. haha I'll look at the map ideas when I get off work tonight. I'm usually OK with terraforming. I'm excited to see how this turns out though. I've spent the last couple minutes browsing the previous builds. Awesome stuff!

1 minute ago, TheMightyClem said:

Funnily enough that's said to me ALL the time. haha I'll look at the map ideas when I get off work tonight. I'm usually OK with terraforming. I'm excited to see how this turns out though. I've spent the last couple minutes browsing the previous builds. Awesome stuff!

keep in mind, terraforming the map is NOT required to build in the park... Terraforming is for builders who like to form the map... again your welcome to join the map makers OR just wait to build when your name queues up :D  

2 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

keep in mind, terraforming the map is NOT required to build in the park... Terraforming is for builders who like to form the map... again your welcome to join the map makers OR just wait to build when your name queues up :D  

I was talking about just joining the discussion in general about the map's look. I know I'm probably not allowed to fiddle with anything just yet. Like I said I'll probably wait for a while and spectate to get a feel for how you guys do things.

1 minute ago, TheMightyClem said:

I was talking about just joining the discussion in general about the map's look. I know I'm probably not allowed to fiddle with anything just yet. Like I said I'll probably wait for a while and spectate to get a feel for how you guys do things.

That's cool. You CAN fiddle all you want.... There is no right or wrong way... just don't overstep the rules set forth by @Broxzier and the other builders. Just have fun...simple

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

That's cool. You CAN fiddle all you want.... There is no right or wrong way... just don't overstep the rules set forth by @Broxzier and the other builders. Just have fun...simple

+ Don't kill the guests, else this panda will hunt you :DD But yeah, main rules and most important of all have fun!

Edited by Wuis

The current poll results:

Which themes would you like GP6 to include?

Mine    8
Jungle    5
Mechanical    5
Medieval    5
Water Feature    5
Wild West    5
Pagoda    4
Abstract    3
Classival/Roman    3
Pirates    3
Space    3
Egyptian    2
Jurassic    2
Creepy    1
Giant Candy    1
Six Flags    1
Spooky    1
Urban    1
Wonderland    1
Giant Garden    0
Martian    0
Snow and Ice    0
Sports    0

Edited by Broxzier
Fixed formatting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cascadia said:

Which themes would you like GP6 to include?

Mine    8

I REALLY need to brush up on NCSO mine theming... I guess Minetrain #47 had a NCSO station I could emulate...

Also, sports is at the bottom of the list, who didn't see that coming? It doesn't even have a wall set!

Edited by imlegos
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, imlegos said:

I REALLY need to brush up on NCSO mine theming... I guess Minetrain #47 had a NCSO station I could emulate...

Also, sports is at the bottom of the list, who didn't see that coming? It doesn't even have a wall set!

Pls the nets are kinda walls, glass windows are also see through. :DD

51 minutes ago, RedScope53 said:

Can we not choose certain items from those sets, such as net walls which work well, but forgo other items from that set? 

I think we will take X amount of full scenery sets and any space besides that can be filled up with other objects. 

21 minutes ago, imlegos said:

4 slots are reserved (Flowers & Shrubs, Trees, Fences, and Walls)

This isn't a hard limit, you can deselect those categories and use them for something else if you want to (but I think you'll have to use ParkDat because OpenRCT2 doesn't let you).

4 hours ago, Wuis said:

I think we will take X amount of full scenery sets and any space besides that can be filled up with other objects. 

I think it would be better to select the sets, then go through and remove some things. For instance, walls and colourable walls.. we could gain some space by removing the walls., etc.