Group Park 6

Broxzier

7 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

At this point I divided the map 22x22 areas... Obviously you can see what I was initially partial to...   5924d810988f9_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2315-48-15.thumb.png.c74b7ef75ed2a1d26039cd341910185a.png

Currently the map now looks like this....

5924d8ebcf8c3_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2317-45-24.thumb.png.8ec59cb6b1fb30877049001d1fd830cf.png

My concept is to give a different terrain to each plot.  Please give feedback at this point.... :D 

I like this idea of having a different terrain in each plot. 

@cascadia 

What do you think at this point, more height here or there? more or less water? raise entire areas? .. also notice the grid at which (I would use) for main paths.. How's that work for you?

Edit:

Do you think I should vaporize the East Quad, or does it work as a water source for the park... maybe scale it down... ? I kinda like it, but this is more than me.

Edited by SpiffyJack
4 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

@cascadia 

What do you think at this point, more height here or there? more or less water? raise entire areas? .. also notice the grid at which (I would use) for main paths.. How's that work for you?

Edit:

Do you think I should vaporize the East Quad, or does it work as a water source for the park... maybe scale it down... ? I kinda like it, but this is more than me.

The hill height and water is just right.  The grid is also fine.  The only things I would suggest changing are making just one (any of them) hill range bigger in size (not higher, just bigger as in more hills covering more area in just one spot) and making the water source on top of the big hill a spring, to explain where the water comes from. 

• Like 2

Are you guys trying to stay away from large mountains? I feel like it'd be cool to have a larger hill in the east quad with a larger body of water. That way it can follow the path thats already there. Kind of like a river heading away from the hill?

Edited by TheMightyClem
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, cascadia said:

The hill height and water is just right.  The grid is also fine.  The only things I would suggest changing are making just one (any of them) hill range bigger in size (not higher, just bigger as in more hills covering more area in just one spot) and making the water source on top of the big hill a spring, to explain where the water comes from. 

Clearly I need to type faster. ;)

2 minutes ago, TheMightyClem said:

Are you guys trying to stay away from large mountains? I feel like it'd be cool to have a larger hill in the east quad with a larger body of water. That was it can follow the path thats already there. Kind of like a river heading away from the hill?

I like your idea, but mountain implies steep slopes, and I think we should avoid that because it's harder for people to build on top of steep terrain. 

5 minutes ago, cascadia said:

4 minutes ago, TheMightyClem said:

Are you guys trying to stay away from large mountains? I feel like it'd be cool to have a larger hill in the east quad with a larger body of water. That way it can follow the path thats already there. Kind of like a river heading away from the hill?

@cascadia noted and I agree.

@TheMightyClem I agree.

cascadia knows I like a big mountain! But in the Park5 build only I and one other built in the mountain and I was thinking maybe it was too much... so this time I'm listening all I can.

OMG! you feel that?!?! the ground shook! and, it's rising....

6 minutes ago, giraty said:

I'm used to design very contrasting landscape such as snow in the middle of desert, forest in a outer planet surface, lava in snow..... :P

Snow in desert:

antarctic-desert.jpg

Antarctica is a desert since it receives very little rain or snow- you only see all that snow because it builds up over hundreds of years as it didn't melt.

Forest on outer planet's moon:

97088865f0f6c501c19cec8a0556ed92.jpg

Scientists suspect that many moons of gas giants close to their suns in other solar systems are excellent places to find life.

Lava in snow:

67146.ngsversion.1422290267327.adapt.676

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/05/pictures/130508-glacier-lava-volcano-kamchatka-geology-science/

Just have a volcano erupt in the Arctic. 

As you can see, all these scenarios are actually realistic.  :P  ;)

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, RedScope53 said:

Question.. How set are we on the trams? I've got an idea for the main pathways and/or tram(or other) lines to be sunken, but with the same idea of the 4way being there... thoughts?

The trams are already sunken in the files that we've been working with, so in your idea, we would have to simply sink the pathways as well.  I like the idea of guests looking down at the trams from above, so I think we should stick with the current map, but your idea is pretty good as well. 

1 minute ago, cascadia said:

The trams are already sunken in the files that we've been working with, so in your idea, we would have to simply sink the pathways as well.  I like the idea of guests looking down at the trams from above, so I think we should stick with the current map, but your idea is pretty good as well. 

Ahh, haven't downloaded it, didn't see they were sunken. Yeah, thats basically what I had in mind, with guests looking down. 

Going to implement comments in a few minutes... so this is current..

5924ef73c8c4f_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark62017-05-2319-24-39.thumb.png.06f9d1001253555a94459eb288b9ef65.png

At ANY POINT IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS THIS MAP TO TERRA>> PLEASE SAY SO :D I only have it because no body else does... 

Edit: 

I'm also keeping a 2-3 tile easement at map edge for black out areas aka 'hiding stuff' planes flying off screen and returning etc... thoughts are welcome on this

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

Going to implement comments in a few minutes... so this is current..

At ANY POINT IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS THIS MAP TO TERRA>> PLEASE SAY SO :D I only have it because no body else does... 

Edit: 

I'm also keeping a 2-3 tile easement at map edge for black out areas aka 'hiding stuff' planes flying off screen and returning etc... thoughts are welcome on this

Looks good. I much prefer it all to be one terrain than multiple. You are a great teraformer :P