Group Park 3

Broxzier

21 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Since this park is basically reaching an end, I will make a thread for Group Park 4 this weekend. I agree with @jensj12's first rule (max 1 coaster per 2 turns), and instead of the second one, maybe have a requirement to at least leave space for paths in and beyond the area you've used, so that no attractions will be blocking future paths, since they are already there.

*cleans out objects folder*

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Since this park is basically reaching an end, I will make a thread for Group Park 4 this weekend. I agree with @jensj12's first rule (max 1 coaster per 2 turns), and instead of the second one, maybe have a requirement to at least leave space for paths in and beyond the area you've used, so that no attractions will be blocking future paths, since they are already there.

Remember we had that rule in Group Park 2 too (leave room for paths to the next area). I'd rather have it a rule to have the path to the next area already built.

The reason for that rule was to improve the general landscaping a bit, as this park was mostly flat and GP2 had everything going down to where we don't want it to be. We can also leave out the path building and make the first turn terrain-only, but I think it would be better with paths (just the main routes, can be rerouted later if needed).

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Just to make you all aware,  I have returned alive and well. I had a quick jaunt around some Scandinavian parks (mainly to sample Wildfire, obviously) and have been locked away for medical purposes over the past week. I'll look at catching up to speed and claiming in the forthcoming days.

Yay, you're back!!! :D Make sure to tweak Turbulence since Wuis rebuilt it!

• Attempted changing type of train of Thief's Turn, the coaster has accidently become one of the top coasters and I even have seen it as #1 favourite but ended up listening to "it's hard to say goodbye" by Michael Ortega while crying in a corner
  • Added shrubbery, ya, shrubs... =)
  • Added toile... uhm restrooms.
  • People couldn't find the entrance of Turbulence as they were aiming to go over the fence to climb up the station. Fixed it by an underground path with really bad theming.
  • Added 1 monorail train. Changed monorail colours to fit themes along the park, sadly, most of them were really bland colourwise so 3 out 7 trains are themed towards things I made. In order from left to right: Entrance area, Dark Matter and mountain in the middle, Cruise and jungle area, Queen Bee and kindred rides, Sherbywood Castle, Qin Dynasty and Asian area, Pink monorail stays in place

The OpenRCT Group Park 3 2016-07-30 14-43-51.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Claimed: 

Queued: Broxzier, Wuis (has been queing for Group park 3 for ages)

Missed:  imlegos, WobblyRails, wilburg22, Yimmy, ziscor, RedScope53, @Dan, Cascadia, jensj12

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.77.sv6

EDIT: Thief's Turn incredible popularity seems fixed for now for some reason.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

Breaking news from our peaceful park: Aeromarine just crashed. The most recent breakdown was a safety cut-out, so I think we're dealing with the same issue as the virgina reel in GP2. I've changed the track a bit and increased the min. wait time, so I hope it's fixed.

• Like 1

Claimed: -
Queue: Broxzier, Zoomer36, Wuis
Missed: imlegos, WobblyRails, wilburg22, Yimmy, ziscor, RedScope53, Dan, Cascadia, jensj12

I'm off for 3 weeks, so I'm pretty sure I'll miss my next turn.

• Built Ol' Miners, and decorated it with stuff also found near the attractions next to it. Tick off the hole near Turbo Tunnel :)
  • Added extra restrooms (which decreased the number of guests needing one by 4%)
  • The OpenRCT Group Park 3.78.sv6

The OpenRCT Group Park 3 2016-07-30 16-40-52.png

(and again, I failed to do this without submitting a bug to GitHub)

Edited by jensj12
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Wuis said:
  • Hogwarts like castle*

* = Does it have a name?                                        

EDIT: Thief's Turn incredible popularity seems fixed for now for some reason.

Yes, Sherbywood Castle, I believe.

It's because everyone went there when it was a new ride.  Peeps are attracted to all new rides.

Alright, I am very late to the party. I would love to join this, but, I need to know how it works. 

Do we get a save file, build on that save, then save once more and return the file? Or is it just a big ole' server?

I probably have missed a lot, and it may be too full as is. So if I need to wait until GP4, I can.

9 minutes ago, BlazingEmpireHD said:

Alright, I am very late to the party. I would love to join this, but, I need to know how it works. 

Do we get a save file, build on that save, then save once more and return the file? Or is it just a big ole' server?

I probably have missed a lot, and it may be too full as is. So if I need to wait until GP4, I can.

You see if anyone else has claimed the park.  If not, claim the park.  Build up to a maximum of 30 x 30 tiles (doesn't have to be continuous).  Save and name and upload the files according to the rules.  Try not to build more then one ride or stall a turn because we're close to the limits, and try not to duplicate nearby stalls.  Feel free to add new ride types- we still have a distance to go before we hit the limits there, through.

The list of places to build:

-The space in front of Qin Dynasty, and also the space in between the tracks.  Perfect for small flat rides, and can also fit a pretty big coaster inside of the space there, with a decent queuing area, even with Wuis' second coaster there.

-The wood behind Motoplex, Skid Row Mice, and the village

-The wood around The Dark Forest has some space

-The woods around Sioux Falls

-The space between Bouillabaisse and Shooting Star

-The space between and behind both The Stallion and King Of Durango Mountain ( another good place for a coaster with an underground station like Aquamarine)

-Behind Sherbywood Maze

There are also other places around the park, but they are much smaller.

11 minutes ago, cascadia said:

You see if anyone else has claimed the park.  If not, claim the park.  Build up to a maximum of 30 x 30 tiles (doesn't have to be continuous).  Save and name and upload the files according to the rules.  Try not to build more then one ride or stall a turn because we're close to the limits, and try not to duplicate nearby stalls.  Feel free to add new ride types- we still have a distance to go before we hit the limits there, through.

The list of places to build:

-The space in front of Qin Dynasty, and also the space in between the tracks.  Perfect for small flat rides, and can also fit a pretty big coaster inside of the space there, with a decent queuing area, even with Wuis' second coaster there.

-The space between and behind both The Stallion and King Of Durango Mountain ( another good place for a coaster with an underground station like Aquamarine)

-Behind Sherbywood Maze

There are also other places around the park, but they are much smaller.

I'll have to figure it out, thanks @cascadia! :D 

• Like 1

I just want to comment on how (don't mind the cursing) 

fucking  FANTASTIC this has turned out so far! You've all done an impeccable job! I can not bear to see the final final final product! I wish I had joined MUCH earlier, I could have done my own works, but now, to be able to show my full extent, I would need a lot, A LOT more room. 

Once again, I cannot appreciate this park, and this effort put in by ya all enough! Once more,

This IS fucking fantastic.

• Like 1
Just now, BlazingEmpireHD said:

I just want to comment on how (don't mind the cursing) 

fucking  FANTASTIC this has turned out so far! You've all done an impeccable job! I can not bear to see the final final final product! I wish I had joined MUCH earlier, I could have done my own works, but now, to be able to show my full extent, I would need a lot, A LOT more room. 

Once again, I cannot appreciate this park, and this effort put in by ya all enough! Once more,

This IS fucking fantastic.

Thanks to both you, and everyone who made this park a success!  I only did a small part, but I enjoyed seeing everyone's contributions. :)

Also, please take a turn and build something in the park.  A little effort is better then nothing, even if you can only do a little bit. ;)

Giant screenshots of the current version if the park:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0yCh32e2sIZUUtDbmV1eG9ndm8

The updated list of places to build in the park:

-Various other small little spaces- perfect for some extra scenery like gardens and small buildings

I would love to join! Although, I wouldn't be able to do much, aside for maybe a couple flat rides, or a dinky coaster. If there happens to be a GP4, I'll join in an instant. 

Also, this seems like a type of park that would go up on New Element. Will it? That would be a great way to show off our work on a dedicated network.

go ahead and add me in if ya like. (You may have to explain to me how this works though) ;) 

Edited by BlazingEmpireHD

@BlazingEmpireHD

On 3/27/2016 at 19:26, Broxzier said:

As the previous group park is very close to being finished, and the project is slowly dying, we can start the next group park already.

How does this work?

Multiple players extend and improve a park by taking turns. We start out with an empty map where all land is owned. A queue of players is kept up to date. Once a person reaches the front of the queue, they have 24 hours to claim the park. Once claimed they have 48 hours to work on it. They can then works on the park, and when finished they will post the new saved game with a short update log, and optionally add themselves to the end of the queue. When someone does not claim their turn in time, or went over the 48-hour limit after claiming it, they will be moved to a missed turn list. Anyone from this list is allowed to claim the park when it's not claimed already, and can add themselves in the front of the current queue. This missed turn list is not a queue, which means that everyone in there has the same priority. First come first serve.

To join, simply leave a comment saying you want to join and wait for someone to add you to the end of the queue, or add yourself to the queue.

Rules / Guidelines:

1. Cover a maximum area of 30x30 land tiles in one turn. You are allowed to shape this to your likes. An area of 15x60 for example is perfectly fine.
  2. Change the land texture of the tiles you are building on from wireframe to something else.
  3. Anyone is allowed to make minor changes to other people's content, while keeping the overall theme the same. This include, but are not limited to:
    1. Changing the height of the ground
    2. Improve scenery and footpaths
    3. Placing footpath additions
    4. Solving issues where guests get stuck
    5. Moving rides
    6. Moving or placing new shops and stalls
  4. Do not make major changes to other people's content without their approval. This includes, but is not limited to:
    1. Removing or replacing rides
    2. Removing or replacing detailed scenery (anything that has more than just empty walls and roofs)
    3. Changing the height of the land drastically
  5. Keep an eye on the news - solve any problems to keep the park rating high.
  6. Post at least one screenshot, the new saved game with increased version number, and the updated queue. Tag the next person in line.
  7. Do not block any main paths directly, there should be an easy way to continue building a path for the people after you. Ideally continue any paths in the area so that people can easily extend it.

Claimed: -
Queue: @Broxzier , Zoomer36, Wuis, BlazingEmpireHD

Missed: imlegos, WobblyRails, wilburg22, Yimmy, ziscor, RedScope53, Dan, Cascadia, jensj12

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BlazingEmpireHD said:

I would love to join! Although, I wouldn't be able to do much, aside for maybe a couple flat rides, or a dinky coaster. If there happens to be a GP4, I'll join in an instant. 

Also, this seems like a type of park that would go up on New Element. Will it? That would be a great way to show off our work on a dedicated network.

go ahead and add me in if ya like. (You may have to explain to me how this works though) ;) 

I did explain how it works- in my previous post explaining the rules.