Group Park 3

Broxzier

The updated list of places to build:

-The space in front of Qin Dynasty, and also the space in between the tracks.  Perfect for small flat rides, and can also fit a pretty big coaster inside of the space there, with a decent queuing area.

-The wood behind Motoplex, Skid Row Mice, and the village

-The wood around The Dark Forest has some space

-The woods around Sioux Falls

-The space between Bouillabaisse and Shooting Star

-The space between and behind both The Stallion and King Of Durango Mountain ( another good place for a coaster with an underground station like Aquamarine)

-Behind Sherbywood Maze and Dangerous Flora 

-The big hole (which you will probably have to fill in) in front of Turbo Tunnel

Yeah I missed it. Won't be able to do much (or anything at all) next 3 weeks.

I've already filled the hole next to turbo tunnel with broken terrain. If anything else is put there, I'd like to see it somehow connected with the turbo tunnel pit and/or the mine ride next to it (make it look like it has something to do with it). I have an idea of what to put there, just searching for some time to do it.

• Like 1

@Zoomer36 If you like to do scenery; this (V) might be a good location to rework and inbetween Qin Dynasty is still place for a flat ride or a tracked ride, even a coaster.The OpenRCT Group Park 3 2016-07-28 10-24-08.png

There isn't really much space I would like to see worked on, ofcourse, we need to utilize as much space as possible, but besides the place around where Sherbywood Monorail goes under the jungle roofs and inbetween King of Durango Mountain and The Stallion I don't think you really want to see rides. I find the rides I have fitted near Sealions! and Monster Jam very crammed. Especially the Gokarts. Regarding to Dan's space, we might need to wait until September starts as he is possibly on summer vacation. I would want to build the airplane ride, but I can't add it to the rides you can select, so I can't really do anything.

Already thinking about Group Park 4, if I may, I'd like to start the park again. Do we maybe want an already partially sculpted map? or assessed themed areas? It's fun to make every map different and especially include very different themes. We could even set the water to a different colour. Someone else any thoughts?

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

There's no need to cram in attractions just because there's room for it, only adding scenery in such places can work as well.

For Group Park 4 I was thinking about the following extra rules:

• Max. 1 coaster per 2 turns
  • The first round of turns (so that's one turn for everyone), no attractions and no buildings, but a highly increased max area you may use (so only landscaping, paths and path decorations).
  • Like 1

@jensj12

That first one seems really hard to pull off, especially if we don't want to use cc to get into the title sequence. The problem with it is that flat rides will become more dependant on their surroundings or the building they're in, to look unique. And I do feel that some people are not into that, as they're just playing this game for the coaster building. Maybe a ban from building coaster every 3rd turn would lead to a better situation?

The second rule seems cool, unless somebody's not into terraforming that'll be fun. Especially if you may not build on your own land, then you have to make an image yourself of the said land.

Edited by Wuis
7 hours ago, jensj12 said:

There's no need to cram in attractions just because there's room for it, only adding scenery in such places can work as well.

For Group Park 4 I was thinking about the following extra rules:

• Max. 1 coaster per 2 turns
  • The first round of turns (so that's one turn for everyone), no attractions and no buildings, but a highly increased max area you may use (so only landscaping, paths and path decorations).

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Get some pathing down, etc. Helps make sure we get traffic flow. I'm also greatly looking forward to the next park. Since I came in so late on GP3, I'm excited to 'get my roots' in early ;)

Since this park is basically reaching an end, I will make a thread for Group Park 4 this weekend. I agree with @jensj12's first rule (max 1 coaster per 2 turns), and instead of the second one, maybe have a requirement to at least leave space for paths in and beyond the area you've used, so that no attractions will be blocking future paths, since they are already there.

To be honest this park look fairly close to being done. I'm not sure how much I can really do, I'll probably just touch up scenery in various areas and handle any management issues that show up.

@Wuis I'd love to be involved in GP4, I joined this project fairly late so I didn't really get to contribute much. 

Was wondering, would adding a station building to shooting star be too much of a change? It's looking kind of naked IMO.

Edited by Zoomer36
  • Like 1

Claimed: -

Queued: Broxzier

Missed:  imlegos, WobblyRails, wilburg22, Yimmy, ziscor, RedScope53, @Dan, Cascadia, Wuis, jensj12 

Changes:

1. Added extra foliage/flowers around Old Timers and Kiddie Kingdom, with special care taken to ensure that it fits with the original look/style of those areas.

2. Assigned some free-roaming mechanics to Sherbywood Monorail stations, mechanics were having trouble finding the exits (especially Reddington Station).

SCR45.png

SCR46.png

The OpenRCT Group Park 3.75b.sv6

Edited by Zoomer36
Added new save file
  • Like 1

Claimed: Wuis

Queued: Broxzier

Missed:  imlegos, WobblyRails, wilburg22, Yimmy, ziscor, RedScope53, @Dan, Cascadia, jensj12 

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! pls come back ;;

EDIT:

@Zoomer36 The naming of the files work as that when you claim the turn, your save file is going to be the next number. So when you claim 3.15, your (finished) save file is known as 3.16. You kinda dun goofed on naming it now as to naming it 3.75b. Those letters behind the numbers indicate that it is the second version, in which case 3.75b would indicate that it would be the third version of Cascadia's file. But no biggie, not dead yet, yet.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

Update =)

GUESS WHO'S BACK?! ... ... ...

Wait, you don't know? Come on, we've been waiting forever for it ... sigh ... MMMHH .... AAAAARHG ... heavy breathing ... throws pillow on the ground ... walks away

Well, Wuis just totally ragequit writing this, so I, Notwuis, am taking over. In this turn we've finally found the secrets of the suspended Zamperla coaster named Turbulence. As such great coaster would attract millions of guests, it was immediately build again after the mysterious disappearance of the park. Most people blame Queen Bee for the disappearance, she herself blames Chief Beef's Belief Burgers as there was a marketing campaign for free burgers during that time and she believes that the food was poisoned. Investigators are still on the case, so we'll see. (IT WAS CLIMATE CHANGE)

Besides doing so, I finally add a coaster in-between Qin Dynasty after feeling guilty taking up space for 3 medium sized coasters. So you can add Thief's Turn to your coaster bingo the next time you visit the OpenRCT Group Park. Thief's Turn has been discovered during works on the building that covers the path when going under Qin Dynasty. Raiders from all over the world come to this place, but to get in you get to go through steep turns that set you on the edge of life.

The OpenRCT Group Park 3 2016-07-29 11-57-19.png

Do I need to make the same entrance or shall I try to make a hangar? I dunno, I don't exactly like the building as it's rather simple by covering up what it has to cover up, but I so far have tried to make things exactly as they were, as far as I could see. (Besides the exit path, the wood was out of place compared to the asphalt.) Also, any tips?

PS. The coaster has very low capacity, lower than Buckriders currently has, I think it was 432 peeps per hour but I can't exactly recall.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 2

Just to make you all aware,  I have returned alive and well. I had a quick jaunt around some Scandinavian parks (mainly to sample Wildfire, obviously) and have been locked away for medical purposes over the past week. I'll look at catching up to speed and claiming in the forthcoming days.

• Like 1

@Dan claps WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAII :S

Edit: Now you can tell me if it's the same coaster and if I used the same materials. Especially tell me about the big corners, where is it sloped and where not?

Edited by Wuis

I wanted to quickly claim it right now, but there finally seems to be more activity around here :P 

Claimed: Wuis
Queue: jensj12, Broxzier, Zoomer36
Missed: imlegos, WobblyRails, wilburg22, Yimmy, ziscor, RedScope53, Dan, Cascadia

Edited by jensj12