Group Park 3

Broxzier

1 minute ago, jensj12 said:

Small update: I investigated the crash and started working on the park again. Since I built a coaster last turn (when was it?:P), I built a gorgeous monorail that still needs to be decorated.

Were you inspired by Wuis' monorail coaster? :P;)

Also, have you checked out the ratings issue yet? ;)

2 hours ago, cascadia said:

Were you inspired by Wuis' monorail coaster? :P;)

Also, have you checked out the ratings issue yet? ;)

Is there an issue with a rating somewhere? The park rating was just fine when I looked at it.

I already had plans for a monorail near Turbo Tunnel, but now that spot is gone I had to place it somewhere else. It's just a coincidence that we both took the largest remaining free space for it. :D

Screenshots and save file will come tomorrow very close or over the 48h limit (or a day later :P). If anyone wants it immediatly after my 48h are over, just notify me and I'll put a less finished version of it here. 

Edited by jensj12
8 minutes ago, jensj12 said:

Is there an issue with a rating somewhere? The park rating was just fine when I looked at it.

I already had plans for a monorail near Turbo Tunnel, but now that spot is gone I had to place it somewhere else. It's just a coincidence that we both took the largest remaining free space for it. :D

Screenshots and save file will come tomorrow very close or over the 48h limit (or a day later :P). If anyone wants it immediatly after my 48h are over, just notify me and I'll put a less finished version of it here. 

The version that Wuis uploaded had a 700 rating because of guests puking when I opened it.

Reposting this list of places to build, now edited to take into account what people have built in the last few turns:

-By the restroom by Swinging Ship

-The space in front of Qin Dynasty, and also the space in between the tracks.  Perfect for small flat rides, and can also fit a pretty big coaster inside of the space there, with a decent queuing area.

-The wood behind Motoplex, Skid Row Mice, and the village

-The castle

-The wood around The Dark Forest has some space

-The land in front of the Grand Tour

-The woods around Sioux Falls

-The empty land by Dangerous Flora

-The area around Mountain Splash has some spaces where you might fit some small flat rides and buildings in

-The space between Bouillabaisse and Shooting Star

-The space between The Stallion and King Of Durango Mountain (needs to be leveled if you build here)

-The riverbank

-The forest and grass around Project KB

-Behind Sherbywood Maze

-Behind Monster Jam

-Behind Ol' Timers

-The big hole (which you will probably have to fill in) in front of Turbo Tunnel

-Behind the Legendary Hammer Maze

-The mountain King of Durango Mountain is on has space for another coaster to intertwine between the coasters already there, with a rather small queuing area in front of it.

-In front of Shooting Star 

Edited by cascadia
  • Rating was straight 999 all the time, so I didn't change anything to that
  • Added 'Hanging Tour', a suspended monorail nicely filling up a some space. It only goes up inside the building, then slowly goes down all along the track. I had to modify some supports of the hyper coaster.
  • Didn't add toilets, but 4% of our guests could use one added right next to them (guests seem to want to go to a toilet before actually going towards one)
  • The OpenRCT Group Park 3.69.sv6

SCR125.png

Claimed: -
Queue: @Broxzier, Wuis, jensj12
Missed: imlegos, WobblyRails, wilburg22, Yimmy, ziscor, RedScope53, Dan 

Sorry for the monocolored building... again :S

Edited by jensj12
  • Like 2

*Update*

SCR204.png

• New; Roary Racekarts, Go-karts for the whole family!
  • New; Pirates of Berk, Finding the entrance is the key for finding this treasure!
  • The Stallion's chainlift now goes 9KM/H instead of 11KM/H to stop trains from making a full stop in the mid brake section
  • Queen Bee's Power Absorb now changed around part of it's queue to be extra queue for when it's busy.

Can I replace my own attractions? I might want to remove Buckriders because it's nobody's favourite attraction even though many guests ride so. Besides that I don't like it very much and the capacity is quite low for a ride taking up quite some space.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Wuis said:

Can I replace my own attractions? I might want to remove Buckriders because it's nobody's favourite attraction even though many guests ride so. Besides that I don't like it very much and the capacity is quite low for a ride taking up quite some space.

Yes, you can.  The reason why nobody likes it is because of the wait time- all the other attractions that no one really likes also have long wait times.  Maybe increase the capacity instead?

Since the queue of dark matter got longer the number of favourites dropped from almost the highest in the park to sub 10. Queue time is a huge factor.

Buckrides fits in very nicely with the scenery of Royals & Rascals, which is now one of the parts of the park I like most. I can give a shot at improving buckriders if you want.

• Like 1

I've currently got four ideas on my head:

• The first and most simple would be to increase the height of the coaster making the drop higher and thus reaching higher speeds. As most of the coaster is spend after this drop and the absence of block brakes, this might just be the best solution. Minor thing that could happen here is that the chainlift speed would be increased.

• The second idea would be to add several block brakes, although this will be a very safe way to create a higher capacity, it'll also decrease the overall look of the coaster as it most likely will stop somewhere in the middle of the coaster.

• The third and a lot more complicated idea would be to make out of the currently 2, 4 stations. This by having two tracks overlapping each other, when they come back to the stations they will be led to the station they didn't come from.

• The fourth and really seeming to be impossible idea was to make two tracks next to each other, not sure if they would compensate for each other's capacity though. (Thus that one won't being fully loaded while on the other track the operator is sleeping on the "Go" button)

EDIT:

@jensj12 Well, yeah you could. Do you have anything already planned or are you just going to improvise like I mostly do? Also sorry for not immediately mentioning you, I was going to but I really wanted to post about the ideas I had and kinda forgot to put you afterwards. :/

Also, I haven't really appreciated The Stallion for the coaster it is, the capacity on it is just so massive and it isn't gigantic either. Not to forget that it is one of the favourites amongst guests because of it's interesting layout. I really feel guilty by putting that away behind a tower instead of throwing it in the open with some better theming than it has now. I've just done a quick search to the saves I still got and it seems to be the only one to be able to compete with the Monorail. Not wanting to be arrogant or egoistic, but I just wanted to get that out there.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

I don't have any plans yet, but instead of improvising I usually go for analysing. Shortening the queue can also help, and I'll also do that if I can't massively boost the capacity.

My new monorail got almost twice the amount of favourites, but that's normal for new rides :P Cruise was also able to compete with the monorail sometimes, but that dropped away a bit after I had increased the queue. Perhaps doing that with the monorail can lower it a bit :D

SCR206.png

This seems to work! :D  Now I can either do this or add an extra horse (for some reason it didn't run with the max trains)

I can also, expand the station a little bit in both cases, which will cause for a removal of the s-bend at the top.

Thoughts?

SCR208.png

So like this? I just quickly attached a new part to the already existing building, might be reworking it as a whole. Going from 3 to 6 horses, it doubles the capacity and thus halves the queue time. Already got 69 guests who consider it their favourite! :D  Which is no competition for any ride that is a decent junior or better, but that isn't what I was aiming at.

Only thing I don't like is that it is on the last tile but I got that with more things. (For example, I don't like that Queen Bee is just a rectangle, I don't like that Qin Dynasty is still quite wide, I don't like I've changed some already themed rides etc.) 

Edited by Wuis

Looks good like that, didn't expect the mirrored s-bend to fit in that nicely, and double capacity is just great. Don't forget you're about to reach the official time limit.

(Don't look back too much, the park looks good and your contributions certainly weren't the worst)