Group Park 5

Broxzier

13 minutes ago, Wuis said:

I guess I am just confused by SpiffyJack already posting things he's working on.

im also sometimes testing things and posting the result (because at some point you have an idea for the project and want to share it.) As long as it is not claimed, i dont see any problem in that.

speaking of testing: I think i forgot to remove a test-monorail at the dessert xD 

I wanted to add a helix to the monorail, but getting the rails lined up das too much work. Maybe I'll do it for a private project (or that Arid Hights recreation)

With a invisible helix, and a Scenary-object, that looks like a monorail track, it could work out very well.

12 hours ago, giraty said:

In Real Life

12 hours ago, Foxy said:

i think it was a synonym for: "in real-life" or "in reality".

here from wikipedia:

800px-Shoot_the_Rapids.jpg

it goes some distant straight befor the turn. X7 just said, they would fall off in reality.

--------------------

And no: those files should not be part of the download. oRCT didnt remove them, after i de-selected them. It seems to be bugged sometimes.

29 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I just spoke with UTMAN, he doesn't have time to work on it now, so @SpiffyJack having done some work on the current version before him isn't really an issue.

Claimed
Queue:  SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier, Wuis, Foxy
Missed: YoloSweggLord, jensj12, Philmon11, UTMAN

Correct. I admitted not claiming the park when I did a test to get input on my bounderies, knowing it could have been all for nothing :)

2 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

Claimed: SpiffyJack 
Queue: giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier, Wuis, Foxy

The bummer part of me claiming right now is that the fiber optic comm. Box that got hit by a car days ago still isn't operating yet and I have to use an out dated version of ORCT2 cause my launcher doesn't work... until Internet is functional again... but I have a plan...

Edit: ALL good now..  love my Galaxy Note 

Edited by SpiffyJack
22 hours ago, Broxzier said:

They cannot be reused in the rest of the park, and take up an object slot each. With GP2 and 3 we managed to hit the limit early on.

Another point i have in mind for the signs. Maybe this isnt a bad idea after all.

The group-park only uses 44 of 128 big scenary files. And most of the big scenary objects are ugly as hell (and not generic at all: e.g: Mine Hut, Martian Building)... The ONLY generic objects are in the small scenary group.

What about, if everyone could create customized 1x2 signs for thair own attraction?

As you can see: we dont need castle towers, because of the small 1/4 blocks, we dont need Mining Huts because of the wooden fences, roofs and structure. All objects to recreate any big scenary object is already in the small scenary group.

If this group park reaches the end, i will use all remaining slots for objects and add custom scenary. :D

Im just trying to find a way, that benefits everyone, even if i have to break the habbit of a single programmer ;)

And btw:

This needs to be removed:

58b476224003e_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2719-54-42.png.41d7176507ba7a71a85894a207a77b33.png

It was a successfull test, but then i forgot about it :>

Edited by Foxy
42 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Another point i have in mind for the signs. Maybe this isnt a bad idea after all.

The group-park only uses 44 of 128 big scenary files. And most of the big scenary objects are ugly as hell (and not generic at all: e.g: Mine Hut, Martian Building)... The ONLY generic objects are in the small scenary group.

What about, if everyone could create customized 1x2 signs for thair own attraction?

If you wanted to save object slots, you could pack all the ride signs into a single large scenery object, and then delete the parts you don't need using the tile inspector.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

If you wanted to save object slots, you could pack all the ride signs into a single large scenery object, and then delete the parts you don't need using the tile inspector.

dosn't the object gets removed entirely?... That's an awesome idea, if it works :D

I'll test it right away.

something like a UV-Map for RCT2 signs?

And we have the front-side and backside.

Edited by Foxy
1 hour ago, Foxy said:

dosn't the object gets removed entirely?... That's an awesome idea, if it works :D

No, you can remove each map element individually.  I am 100% sure this can be done, the only reason I've not done it is that I've never made a park big enough to hit the limit.

Also, I'm not sure how the object editor handles this - it doesn't have a 3D model so it can't split the object into map elements automatically ... do you input each sprite individually?

Edited by X7123M3-256
49 minutes ago, imlegos said:

It seems to be a seperate sprite per tile for some objects, for instance, the GOLIATH sign.

Yes, it is that way for all objects. All map elements are one tile, any scenery object larger than that must be split up. Even track elements must be subdivided, but those are a bit strange (every sprite has a tile to which it belongs, but the corresponding sprite doesn't always occupy only that tile. They have their own rendering logic so presumably that's how they get away with this, but it's something of a mystery to me. Ride sprites are not part of the grid, so they are generally one sprite no matter how large they are, but a handful of them are still split up for other reasons (e.g most tower rides have a front and back half).

18 minutes ago, imlegos said:

Though, I guess it is also worth mentioning, the sign tile would have to only be along the length and width axis (Can't remember if X/Z or X/Y), as the tile inspector can't remove a tile vertically.

Not necessarily. As I said in another thread, I am pretty sure you can stack map elements on top of each other, though I haven't actually tried. The tile inspector acts on map elements, you can't split an existing map element in two, but if you know you want to split it up when you make the object you can arrange for them to be separate pieces. Not that there's any compelling reason to do it this way, I don't think - unless there's a maximum size for a large scenery object? I think a maximum element count is more likely, but I haven't looked at this in depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Not necessarily. As I said in another thread, I am pretty sure you can stack map elements on top of each other, though I haven't actually tried. The tile inspector acts on map elements, you can't split an existing map element in two, but if you know you want to split it up when you make the object you can arrange for them to be separate pieces. Not that there's any compelling reason to do it this way, I don't think - unless there's a maximum size for a large scenery object? I think a maximum element count is more likely, but I haven't looked at this in depth.

seems to be not an easy task, to arrange all needed textures on one sprite... What about signs with names? can those be abused (e.g: if i type "A" the image applied to the letter A shows up?). The vanilla sign uses letters in 3D, so they must be individual sprites, or am i wrong? If those sprites could be scaled up to 1x2 tiles, it might work, but right now i havn't figured out how to make a normal sign with customized letters. (i have only 2 weeks of experience in objects, so yeah) :D

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Foxy said:

seems to be not an easy task, to arrange all needed textures on one sprite

No, you don't put them on one sprite, you put several sprites in one large scenery object. If you can create a large scenery object normally, this isn't any more difficult (unless the object editor doesn't support it - I can't test this, see above comment). Actually placing them in game is awkward because you have to delete unused elements, but this isn't something you'll be placing a lot of.

11 minutes ago, Foxy said:

The vanilla sign uses letters in 3D, so they must be individual sprites, or am i wrong? If those sprites could be scaled up to 1x2 tiles, it might work, but right now i havn't figured out how to make a normal sign with customized letters. (i have only 2 weeks of experience in objects, so yeah) :D

Yes, this is possible - 3D signs (but not scrolling signs) do indeed include a sprite for each character.  I'm not sure if it's possible to scale them up, but those objects are already 1x2 tiles so you're in luck there. I don't think I've seen one done with a custom font (it may well be that it hasn't been done, as it'll probably be quite tedious unless you automate it). However, the process should be straightforward - provide one sprite for each character you want to support (leave the others blank).

• Like 2

It's still a work in progress, but I'm passing the torch :D 

1. Added River Rapids ride, "Dry Gulch Run".

2. Added misc. Scenery at ride location.

3. Added walking path around waterfall. Can be modified by whom ever wants to.

4. Added chairlift to ride location from front of park. I used chairlift for easy re-roughting by anybody that needs to move it around or eliminate if different transportation is provided.

5. Added north end facilities at ride location. Again, this entire area is open to change by anybody who wants to modify it.

6. Fixed disconnected Restroom 1 entry so peeps can use it.

@giraty

Claimed
Queue: giraty, RedScope53, Jochem, TCE, Tune, Cascadia, Broxzier, Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack 

58b670bec945e_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2822-20-19.thumb.png.5cd203c6d3f7591db13c942527d6e455.png58b670e631ba5_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2821-37-00.thumb.png.457be3be99d3cb88cca05175eb438cc0.png58b67107bfc6a_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2822-28-26.thumb.png.57f48d9b4daae29b7d0262a32c61ef39.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.11.sv6

• Like 2