Group Park 5

Broxzier

Finished themeing my ride. However as I wanted to select Mini Golf, the old bug comes and the game won't show Mini Golf in ride selection. Putting it in finished research list doesn't help so I will rethink my plan instead.

Claimed:
Queue:  @Broxzier , Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune, giraty
Missed: jensj12, Philmon11, UTMAN, Jochem, TCE, Cascadia

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.17.sv6

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5 2017-03-11 15-41-54.png

@giraty You just went before Wuis, Foxy, and SpiffyJack, which is not very nice. If everyone could just take a turn when they have an idea this would turn into a chaos... I'm going to work on the previous version, and put you back in the list. We can keep the area reserved for you so you can redo it when it's your turn.

Claimed: Broxzier
Queue:  Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune
Missed: jensj12, Philmon11, UTMAN, Jochem, TCE, Cascadia

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, giraty said:

Ah rookie mistake.... I saw a few people like jumping the queue list a bit and I did the same because I will busy next week....

Could you just use mine then I will miss a turn please?

They all asked permission first or were in the missed queue. 

• Like 2

A few additions, mainly in the area in the screenshot below:

• The old big hall has moved some track pieces outdoor, perhaps temporarily, time will tell. The track pieces should not be affected by the rain in any way, they are just reserve parts for rides within the park.
  • The intern-communication center: This white house is where the small logistics world of the staff-only area is managed. During winter when the park is closed, this is usually a very busy point.
  • The two brown and grey buildings are mainly used for storage. The brown one for small things such as electronics, and the grey one for larger packages such as kits for new benches and lamps.
  • A path between the different buildings has been built, so that employees can safely get from one place to the other, without risking their lives on the busy road.

o8XQwOE.png

Claimed:
Queue: @Jochem, Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune, Broxzier
Missed: jensj12, Philmon11, UTMAN, TCE, Cascadia

@giraty Maybe one of the people before you is willing to swap with you, or if they all don't mind you can go before them. If time is an issue, just ask beforehand and wait for approval.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.17.sv6

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Nope, only 1 :D Same for those ride parts, they are from the actual rides.

I know about the ride parts, but how did you do that for the restrooms?  The tile inspector? 

(Also, the two restrooms by the aquarium are actually the same one- but I didn't do that, it just bugged out for some weird reason). 

Yes, by copying the element, then pasting it on other tiles. It's save to copy them because when demolishing it, the game will iterate over the entire map to search for all track elements that belong to the ride, and as long as they are nearby it shouldn't cause guests to get lost either. That's why I copied over the first restroom during my first turn. This way you can place multiple of the same stalls all over the park while only using up one ride slot.

• Like 2

"very quick". Somebody better not steal my turn this night. (Well, technically they can't, as they are in the missed list and thus they have the right to. But the privilege of having a turn in the weekend I don't want to lose. :P )

Edited by Wuis

Claimed: -
Queue: @Wuis, Foxy, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune, Broxzier, Jochem

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.18a.sv6

Fixed a broken path that was preventing mechanics from fixing the aquarium, as well as closed the brick restroom used as an office building to stop those annoying messages about how guests that find it.  Also built a pipe outlet for the lake that drains into the lake that has the cruise ship to explain where all that water drains from the lake to in the map.

1 hour ago, Philmon11 said:

@Wuis you can just take me out of the Missed list when you post the next update if you want. I don't think I'll be participating in group parks for a while anymore.

Aww.  Thanks for telling us, and hopefully you're be back on this forum in the Group park section sometime very soon in the future!  :(

• Like 3

Okay, I have quite a few points to address.

First up, the person who will be working on this monorail station down here. has to change how the track layout is. It is very inconvenient for the monorail or any other transport ride to go up and down, especially going up after a monorail station. This due to the monorail first needing to gain speed and it can't do so when on a hill, so it takes way longer to reach the other station while the distance might be relatively short.

Monorail Station

Second up, Petroleum Coaster Tycoon got stuck on the exact point you see down below on the first picture, changes I have made are:

• removing a random chainlift which is located on the hill just under the station when the track comes above ground. 
  • Enlarging the chainlift, see second picture.
  • Banking a large part of track in an underground section.

Petroleum Coaster Tycoon

Petroleum Coaster Tycoon 2

So now for my addition, it's this weird building. It's kind of rushed and i didn't know what to do tbh. I originally wanted to place a 3 tile three in the middle and put glass all around it. But these trees don't really fix into place so it was weird from most angles. As for @giraty's coaster, I haven't come to decorating your coaster station. But I'm willing to do so next turn.

58c6f89b19e74_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-03-1320-43-30.thumb.png.59402ff33f3f7785a54265a6aa01fb8d.png

If you have some ideas about colors schemes or little things you'd like to add to the building, be my guest. :-) (if nobody does so it might be gone next turn, same for the building for my previous ride, the coaster next to it.)

Claimed
Queue: @Foxy, SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune, Broxzier, Jochem, Wuis

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.19.sv6

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 3

Claimed: Foxy
Queue: SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune, Broxzier, Jochem

Missed: jensj12, UTMAN, TCE, Cascadia

8 hours ago, Wuis said:

First up, the person who will be working on this monorail station down here. has to change how the track layout is. It is very inconvenient for the monorail or any other transport ride to go up and down, especially going up after a monorail station. This due to the monorail first needing to gain speed and it can't do so when on a hill, so it takes way longer to reach the other station while the distance might be relatively short.

@SpiffyJack @giraty @RedScope53 @YoloSweggLord @Tune @Broxzier @Jochem @jensj12 @UTMAN @TCE @cascadia

im experimenting with helix turns for monorails. It slightly improves the speed, but its your choice if we should add them. Its a big scenary, and those are not very often used, because the vanilla big scenary are not generic in any way or form. A helix for a monorail can be used around the entire park and makes the slopes more realistic. It will be a quarter helix (similar to the suspended coaster)

I wont add it in this turn, but maybe in the next turn (if i manage to finish it).

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1