Group Park 5

Broxzier

22 minutes ago, cascadia said:

@Foxy  You can also have chainlifts on track pieces to improve the speed of the monorail if you want to. 

Yes, but the slopes still looks unrealistic. And most monorails have helix parts as well. Actually, i have never seen a 30° slope on a monorail. The steepest slope i have seen was on the old monorail in Phantasialand (at the area were now Taron is located) with 10° slope out of a station. I know, its a limitation of RCT2. Thats why i ask, if we should use some extra track parts to make it look a bit better.

We also could just wait till the end and use all remaining free object slots for stuff like this.

Edit:

58c79036beb57_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-03-1407-31-46.png.0f4a0cee0bb4c106bae9fa8252e62366.png

I may need to change this path. Its was an Exit only path (as you see at the sign) to keep the traffic as low as possible in this area.

(there are 2 path signs. The true "exit" sign, that blocks the peeps is invisible)

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1

@Wuis Sorry for having my roller coaster fail. I swear it ran fine when I last tried it. 

This is what happens when you try to have coaster run on oil. ¬¬

Thanks for fixing it. I wouldn't have minded doing so myself, but I'm just glad it's up and running smooth again.

• Like 2

Main changes so far:

(every time, i load the park, the custom sign is back in the object pool. Same goes for other scenary, that dissapears from the object pool, even if they are activated.)

Rollercoaster finished and working:

Sif - Artorias' Companion

• E: 8.84 (very high)
  • I: 7.07 (high)
  • N: 3.83 (medium)

• max speed 28.1ms-1
  • average speed 8.9ms-1
  • ride time 1min20secs
  • ride length 952m
  • max pos vert G's: 3.55g
  • max neg vert G's: -1.64g
  • max lat G's: 1.4g
  • total airtime: 4.23 sec
  • drops: 7
  • highest drop: 33m
  • inversion: 1

58c7b551decb9_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-03-1410-17-50.png.fa88b081c4895e258fdec67631cc196d.png

i tried to kept it at a low profile after the secound drop, so that there could be a layout for another coaster, that went over the parking space.

this is just an idea for someone else of you. I wont create another coaster in this area.

58c7b81412656_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-03-1410-17-50B.png.1541e69ef9f88d1e71be0bc955538247.png

it should work. Just try not to destroy too much scenary ^.^

Also:

Changed the path at the water slide:

I just want to avoid connections at exit-paths

58c7bb8f0231c_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-03-1410-06-33.png.767762dbbbb1268cb98d78d15290a0fa.png

for now...

Not sure, if i should start another project or end all of my turns.

This would be a nice challenge to recreate...

But first, i'll need to improve the scenary a bit. The divecoaster still dosn't look as it was planned.

• Like 2
On 2/27/2017 at 10:52, Foxy said:

And btw:

This needs to be removed:

58b476224003e_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-02-2719-54-42.png.41d7176507ba7a71a85894a207a77b33.png

It was a successfull test, but then i forgot about it :>

@Wuis  It appears to specifically be using swinging suspended's helix parts, but I'd assume any helixes would work. (only problem is that there is currently no helix sprites, though custom scenery could work.)

Edited by imlegos
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, imlegos said:

@Wuis  It appears to specifically be using swinging suspended's helix parts, but I'd assume any helixes would work. (only problem is that there is currently no helix sprites, though custom scenery could work.)

Yeah, that was the plan. But only if you all want a helix. I dont want to do this much work, just to throw it into the bin

8 hours ago, Wuis said:

@Foxy Can you show a screenshot of the monorail helix?

I'll show the 3D model as soon as i have some time to finish it. I was just lucky that i could work on this group park a bit more.

One day earlier and i had to skip a turn. That was very well timed. ;D

Ok im finished now:

(Its also a very small generic-german-area). Good thing, you dont need custom scenary for german flags. Haha! :D

I didn't import any more objects in this turn.

58c8974bae1c3_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark52017-03-1502-15-06.png.750f790f4470517fbb8947c730e27dc6.png

Now im Finished... For the monorail helix, i dont need actually play the game. Just give you the object...

Have fun everyone :D

Claimed:
Queue:@UTMAN , SpiffyJack, giraty, RedScope53, YoloSweggLord, Tune, Broxzier, Jochem
Missed: jensj12, TCE, Cascadia

Foxy

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 5.2.sv6

See? I used an attachment and it only took 5 minutes to upload (instead of 10 secounds when i use my own server). :P

Also: i nearly wrote 5.20, but that would be wrong again. Now it should be PERFECT. :>

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

5.20 is correct though, 5.2 is not. It's not one decimal, they are two numbers. Simply increase the latter.

and when i had used 5.20, you would have said: 5.2 is correct. It starts to get boring ... Try another joke for once :D

Edited by Foxy
12 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

No... I'm saying the same thing I said before, here:

After which I explained in more detail how it works.

there is no difference between x.2 and x.20 and x.200 and x.2000. If there is nothing behind a number, it always counts as 0. >.<

But hey: at least im finished and now you can do it the what-ever-way :D

But rather than arguing over perfect versioning, you should fix the problem with adding and removing objects. You also couldn't remove that "to-be-wolf" btw. :P

That would be a bit more important, don't you think.

Same problem goes for adding and removing unused rollerocoasters. It took me 5 hours just to add a hyper coaster.

1 minute ago, Tune said:

This is why I don't let Foxes do my taxes. 

There's two things they don't get: counting and berries. 

I also let a wolf do my taxes as well :>

Edited by Foxy
45 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

Last time I checked 2 is not the same as 20.

2+0 = 2.

2+0+0 = 2.

0+2+0 = 2.

Works for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Each line is a seperate ID. If you reach 1.9 (1.90000...) and your project is still not finished, you add 1.91 (1.91000...) and if it is still not finished at 1.99 (1.99000...), you add 1.991 (1.99100...)

This is how i read versions. and it makes total sense :/

The reason behind it: Most of the time, you dont know, how many updates you need. Thats why you cant do something like: 1.01. In this case you only have 99 updates left until you need to go to 2.0. In my version, you can have as many updates as you like. Thats why 2 is in version the same as 20 and 200 and 2000.

Easy :D

Don't split the numbers then. When a 9-year old has its birthday, it doesn't go back to 1, does it? As I said before, there are many different ways of versioning. The way you think it works is overcomplicated and rarely used at all, because that system immediately adds a limitation. What if it takes more than 100 changes to finish a feature? Then after the 100th commit, you can't continue. Moving on to 2.0 doesn't make sense, because then it's still in an unfinished state. Just think of it as: This is the 5th group park, and currently we're at version 20 of this park.

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 2

and what do you do, if your version number is stored as 8 bit integer and you are at version number 256 and higher?

You can't just simply use 16 bit, when the machine is only capable of 8 bit. Your method simply dosn't work on every machine.

Back in the days of Windows NT that might have made sense, but version numbers are typically not saved anywhere other than in text. The only time you want to store a version number somewhere that I can think of is for centralized version control systems (SVN, Perforce), and these use just one number for their version, starting from 1. Assuming this number is a 32-bit integer, you would still have 2147483647 (2^31-1) versions before you run out.

• Like 1

You can debate over all the version types you want regardless of how many formats are justifiable. But the end result stays the same. What ever format gets used is ultimately up to a moderator or an administrator as a rule and that's the format. My only input is to keep it simple. :D