Group Park 2

Broxzier

I followed Jensj's idea of starting out with a flat map, then raising the ground that you use to default height (+3 units).View imageThere's no custom scenery in there yet, though please make sure to have the option to export ObjData together with the saves ticked.Download: https://openrct.net/cc/share/Broxzier/65/Community+Park+V2.1.sv6Next in line: UTMAN, Erik, jensj, imlegos, Jamaka, Philmon, BroxzierNote:I tried saving the game with "V2.1" in its name, though the .1 is not being displayed, this will probably be fixed really soon, so please continue naming it with V2.2, V2.3, V2.4, etc.Also I added some benches now :P

Im rather interested in getting in on this if possible :)I find my attention span thins quickly in this game when I play singleplayer (like most games for me) However something like this might hold it far better, so Im definitely interested :)Should we use expansion packs?I'm not opposed to it, there's a lot of items within the expansion packs I really like using (An example being the medieval roofing) However I guess it more comes down to whether all the members have the expansions or not.What about custom scenery and rides?Again I'm not opposed to it, I for one never really used custom items in RCT2, its only something I delved into in the third installment. Id however be interested in trying it if they were available.Custom ThemesSimilar to imlegos, I'm not one for using whole themes, rather using different items from multiple sources to create scenery. However this again is open to change.Scenario LayoutThis I am more unsure from as I do like larger parks in which rides can be more spread out, also I personally like natural flowing landscapes to work from, I can work from a base flat ground though.Anyway, look forward to the project going forward :)

Welcome, xbalogan! You can go before my next turn :) Not everyone has the expansion packs so they will be excluded from the park. As for the park, right now it's completely flat, so you'd have to raise the parts you'll work on too.Next in line: UTMAN, Erik, jensj, imlegos, Jamaka, Philmon, xbalogan, Broxzier

There's no custom scenery in there yet, though please make sure to have the option to export ObjData together with the saves ticked.
Hi Broxzier ;)If I want to put some custom scenery into the saved game, how can I do that when the game is already made ? Is it possible to add custom scenery to a saved game with OpenRCT2 options, or should I use another program for that...Another on-topic question...How much time do I have after UTMAN ??

You can add scenery if you have debugging options enabled. Once enabled you'll see the icon with the two cogs (I believe?) near the top-left corner. From that list there's an option "Object Selection" where you can select which objects you want there to be, just like you would in the scenario editor.For the first topic I set the time one may use to 48-hour, but no one ever reached it, almost every turn was done withing a few hours after being taken.

UTMAN named the file wrong, it should have been V2.2, not V21, but that was because dots in the filename broke the way they were displayed yesterday. That got fixed now.As for the debugging option (and also the option to export ObjData in the saved game), open the launcher and click Options. Then in the miscellaneous tab enable the two options on the left:View imageWhat you opened is the in-game console, which has only a few functions.After that launch the game, and open the object selection:View image

Alright, can't wait to see it! You have enough time to finish things up, it's not that strict really, more like guidelines (argh!).To upload it to CoasterCloud simply open the launcher, click Extras, then click Sign into OpenRCT.net (if you haven't done so already), and then click Sync Saves. It will open another window, simply click Sync and it will automatically upload the saved game files in your OpenRCT2/save folder to CoasterCloud. After that go to this website, click on the CC link at the top, find the park and click on it, then click Share, and copy that link here.

Well, I think we got a problem...I just tried to play the game with my original (no extra scenery's or rides added) ObjData-Folder and when I launch either normal RCT2, the stable OpenRCT2 or the OpenRCT2 Launcher my saved-game (for this topic) doesn't start up. I have selected the plug-in for saved games (when objects will be installed in the game). This does work when I play with the normal RCT2. But when I do this with either OpenRCT2 it doesn't want to start up the saved game...The only extra things that I selected for the game were Liampie's building blocks, AE-Pirate-theme, AE-Slide, a mini-train (car ride with trains) and some extra rides wich can be downloaded here via OpenRCT2.So that means if I can't open it...you can't either. Here are some screenshots, because until this is fixed the next in line must start where I started :(View imageTotal overviewView imageOne side viewView imageOther side viewPlease help Broxzier...so everyone can enjoy this and the next one can continue. Should I upload it or send it to you private, so you can take a look ?Thnxsss man,Regards,ErikEdit: As you can see in the pictures, I still have some room where I wanted to build a coaster or something, but first comes first...It must be playable for everyone.

Upon loading there are many errors about not having the CS installed. Are you 100% sure you enabled the "Export-plugin objects" option before saving the park?I'm trying to get a list of all the objects now, though the game crashes as soon as I try to log them to a file.Edit:From the missing file names I can see that the AE rides, pirate theme and Liampie's building blocks cannot be loaded.