Group Park 5

Broxzier

6 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

(nevermind, I really want to do a mine train collab on mount Dirtmore with @imlegos)

is this mount dirtmore:

589e550360206_2017-02-1101-03-19.thumb.png.603830fb121cb623a37d8a0b35d9272f.png

that would be awesome. That minetrain could easily mixed with a flume ride or something like this.

there is also now a hunting pulpit on each glade (you can see one of them in the bottom right)

Here is another close-up based on one of my parks:

589e55ba343d7_2017-02-1101-03-26.thumb.png.6ee6414486beed090d737e5bf1e86f19.png

The area is based on a RCT1 Scenario. I think it was the "crazy coaster" mission of the added attractions addon.

here is how it looked in RCT1 (and the Nolimits 2 recreation of it as well):

C3B05EAD6CA599E534101476753CF75C57C37A88

if someone want to create a suspendet coaster, this would be a perfect place for it :D

and also made sure, that the terrain itself looks quite nice:

589e58cebd710_2017-02-1101-01-23.thumb.png.71d5d5593dc1da51388842172daed85f.png

But there is still a lot of things to do.

For example: Someone else really need to improve the desert.

Im not a desert fox. i have no idea how a real border of an actual desert looks like. The only thing i know, is that there must be a mountain between grassland and desert (or a ocean).

Another problem is the broadleaf forest, that starts south of the lake. (where the terraforming stopped).

The color of the trees are not correct. We might need to continue with a mixed forest instead but that would be the job of the next user.

I try to improve the chasm in the north a bit and merge the rock with the grass/dirt a bit together.

• Like 1

park is now ready for the next one.

Here is a full changelog:

image.php

(its also a computer generated image, but we figured out, that this forum cant handle them correctly. Dosnt matter, it still does its job :P )

Download:

http://flash-fox.de/rct2/group/download/index.php

Maybe this "mount dirtmore" river should end in the lake... It looks strange, when it suddenly ends.

Edited by Foxy
  • Like 2

i thought that it only reached 40%-50% of the overall terraforming :>

the desert is not finished and the lower half is empty.

im still hoping, that here is someone who exactly knows, how a desert-border looks like :D

but if we use cheats, we could still access the editor while in game-mode, am i right?

then it wouldn't matter.

Anyway: About the ride names...

is the nameing international or do we all have to stick with english names?

Edited by Foxy
1 minute ago, Foxy said:

i thought that it only reached 40%-50% of the overall terraforming :>

the desert is not finished and the lower half is empty.

but if we use cheats, we could still access the editor while in game-mode, am i right?

then it wouldn't matter.

Cheats are always on, this is more of a build for fun rather than build to play kinda thing. (doesn't mean we cheat the whole thing, but they are used.)
I wouldn't say its only 40-50%. I think it'd be great to have a relativity flat park. No need to go all out on hills, rivers, gullies and things imho. Desert could use a bit more of work, and maybe some slight leveling of the really bump area in the SE, but I'd like to see it the way it is.

Naming doesn't matter, name it whatever ya want (nothing offense of course.)

The park can be terraformed again while building, the current landscape is by no means final.

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

For the naming, use whatever you'd like, though I'd prefer english (no problem with foreign languages in themed areas) and no name tags.

I've flattened the land a bit near the bottom corner in the pictures, and built a parking lot and an entrance. I'd like to keep the new sandy area reserved for off-site buildings (think of a parking lot for staff, building for delivering food, replacement parts of rides, storage rooms).

589f0f5a2948f_2017-02-1113-58-13.thumb.png.226b85ca40b044ab1233375ada28568d.png589f0f6d2d376_2017-02-1113-58-30.thumb.png.054825dfe3579f0a87b7c75b1422045b.png

The entrance is super ugly now. If anyone wants to rebuild it, feel free to do so.

The OpenRCT2 Landscape 5.5.sc6

Edited by Broxzier
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, cascadia said:

589f869c8f6be_TheOpenRCTGroupPark52017-02-1113-47-48.png.35772f3daac2ce828501c72437ee9d33.png

The OpenRCT2 Landscape 5.07.sc6

I was going to extend the creeks so they would merge with each other and flow into the lake, but I couldn't get it to look good and also wanted to check with you guys and gals, so doing this instead.

Looks great! Agree on that... I had that same thought when I formed the initial mountains and wanted to drain to the lake but the preliminary idea was to keep the water to a minimum. I was even leery of adding the 2 waterfalls because of it and decided to implement the dry wash so the water would stay minimal.  Since I live in the desert, runoff disappearing into dry washes are very common.

Edited by SpiffyJack
4 minutes ago, SpiffyJack said:

Looks great! Agree on that... I had that same thought when I formed the initial mountains and wanted to drain to the lake but the preliminary idea was to keep the water to a minimum. I was even leery of adding the 2 waterfalls because of it and decided to implement the dry wash so the water would stay minimal.  

Thanks!  Small, one square creeks would keep the water to a minimum. 

Edited by cascadia
7 minutes ago, cascadia said:

Small, one square creeks would keep the water to a minimum. 

I agree. I one square creek might just get covered with scenery though? Or what about adding a small dry wash inlet at the northeast side of the lake with water oozing into it, and (1) or maybe (2) small dry wash spot with little ponds representing where the water is coming from? idk...  

Edited by SpiffyJack
Just now, SpiffyJack said:

I agree. I one square creek might just get covered with scenery though? Or what about adding a small dry wash inlet at the northeast side of the lake with water oozing into it, and (1) or maybe (2) small dry wash spot with little ponds representing when the water is coming from? idk...  

People usually don't cover water with scenery.

1 hour ago, cascadia said:

I was going to extend the creeks so they would merge with each other and flow into the lake, but I couldn't get it to look good and also wanted to check with you guys and gals, so doing this instead.

did i understand it correct, that this was the plan?

589fa131344ff_TheOpenRCTGroupPark52017-02-1200-34-47.png.8433d6f23c47b8127d9ac3cf6e845abb.png:

I could give it a try. When i do this diagonal, it would be as narrow as 1/2 tiles.

But i wouldn't merge both of them. Only connecting one creek with the lake and let the other one flow out of the map.

it could be the case, the the former river (dried out area) had a deeper riverbed outside of the map and thats why the other creek flows in the opposite direction.

its plausible :D

so, my next turn would be like this:

589fa237829a0_TheOpenRCTGroupPark52017-02-1200-37-00.png.37e3ecc4a7a89c2337d0bcc77064511a.png

I will also upload a unchanged version. then you could compare both of them.

but befor i claim, i would like to read your opinion

• Like 1