Group Park 5

Broxzier

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

did i understand it correct, that this was the plan?

589fa131344ff_TheOpenRCTGroupPark52017-02-1200-34-47.png.8433d6f23c47b8127d9ac3cf6e845abb.png:

I could give it a try. When i do this diagonal, it would be as narrow as 1/2 tiles.

But i wouldn't merge both of them. Only connecting one creek with the lake and let the other one flow out of the map.

it could be the case, the the former river (dried out area) had a deeper riverbed outside of the map and thats why the other creek flows in the opposite direction.

its plausible :D

so, my next turn would be like this:

589fa237829a0_TheOpenRCTGroupPark52017-02-1200-37-00.png.37e3ecc4a7a89c2337d0bcc77064511a.png

I will also upload a unchanged version. then you could compare both of them.

but befor i claim, i would like to read your opinion

As with most washes, there is always a blow-out area where water will accumulate with heavy runoff and then trickle back down for a creek-like run off. Then the creek will have its own path associated with the blow-out area. In hindsight, I should have provided a slope from canyon to the blow-out area that would represent an alluvial fan.. I didn't know how for to take the effects but I know now for next time :D  

My suggestion is the blue path merging. Or where the blue merges, let the creek fade out at low point of dry lake bed. Then show a run off/dry creek toward the lake. 

589fa237829a0_TheOpenRCTGroupPark52017-02-1200-37-00.png.37e3ecc4a7a89c2337d0bcc77064511a_Ink_LI.jpg.841e438bf675c7766d2bd24e441f1bf7.jpg

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1

if i remember correctly, it is 20:00h in the USA.

I'll wait until its morning in germany. then i will claim it and try to make this merged creek (then it should be 1:00 am in USA).

If someone else want to claim, keep in mind that this area has to be redesigned (includes the chasm as well)

creek_redesign.png.e0f6fd99d6573e87e09aa56abfdd3d27.png

i need to elevate it to make the merged creek possible.

Edited by Foxy
4 hours ago, Foxy said:

But i might need to change the dried out riverbed (stone) a bit.

And here:

this is what i have in mind for a creek:

demo_creek.png.639ae814f4c25832ff60117ba4869f89.png

Yes, something like that, but with the blow out area mentioned int he above posts would be great!  Thanks for making all of this!  :D

Edited by cascadia

Claiming. Going to work on an entrance idea (or two.)

Are we going for simple, or fancy, I've got a couple ideas already and don't want to go in the wrong direction.

~Edit. I know we're adding things as we go, but paths obviously are different. Thoughts on using one of these as the 'primary' park path?
http://www.nedesigns.com/rct2-object/12025/jb-pdtb/
http://www.nedesigns.com/rct2-object/11706/gadecopg/

Edited by RedScope53
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, RedScope53 said:

~Edit. I know we're adding things as we go, but paths obviously are different. Thoughts on using one of these as the 'primary' park path?
http://www.nedesigns.com/rct2-object/12025/jb-pdtb/
http://www.nedesigns.com/rct2-object/11706/gadecopg/

im ok with it. Can you also add one or two path without railing on slopes for me as well? Im still new to openrct2 and i havn't figured out how to add custom objects by myself :D

something like a path that takes a full tile.

i always add my own railings by using fences.

Edited by Foxy
41 minutes ago, RedScope53 said:

Sure. I've got a collection of paths I often use. I've got a tarmac with no stairs on slopes too :o

stairs dosnt matter. the railing on the side, that is a bit annoying.

Example:

589ff72c371d6_HydroHills2017-02-1206-44-38.png.f478446478446d755c1fa29a08c89c0b.png

the normal path uses a railing on the side, but when i use a fence, i dont need a extra railing.

the stairs can still be there. only the wooden railing need to be invisible.

Edited by Foxy

I do use double railings a lot, like what we have in the parking lot now too. I think it looks nice to have a wooden fence, then a hedge next to it.

@RedScope53 Please don't keep the map claimed for too long, during this phase it should just be claimed for a few hours.

Another thing about version numbering, please always update the version by increasing the number, don't add a letter behind it. Only keep the number the same if you only made a small fix.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I do use double railings a lot, like what we have in the parking lot now too. I think it looks nice to have a wooden fence, then a hedge next to it.

@RedScope53 Please don't keep the map claimed for too long, during this phase it should just be claimed for a few hours.

Another thing about version numbering, please always update the version by increasing the number, don't add a letter behind it. Only keep the number the same if you only made a small fix.

Understood. That was obviously my mistake, wasn't sure if RedScopes53 had changed the file name since I hadn't claimed. Didn't want an over write issue.  

@SpiffyJack

thank you.

Have seen your train-station topic and i wondering if we could add a train station in the group park as well. (tracks lead out of the map border).

(not sure, if the tile inspector can copy tiles from one park to another. Otherwise we need to add the train station later)

I will claim it as last to polish everything up befor we start on the park.

Edited by Foxy

I had a work emergency and didn't touch it at all actually. Sorry about that, just flew back home an hour ago. Sorry folks! Use Spiffy Jack's version. I meant to pop on here on my phone and mention it but couldn't get a chance. 

~Edit~ Had a work emergency in Texas (I'm in Florida.) Flew out at 5 this morning and had a WONDERFUL day off...........

Edited by RedScope53
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Foxy said:

i rarely use hedges . When i use them, they are a few blocks away from the path (1-2) because it would look like this:

201975061.jpg

Of course not everything is in proportions, but that seems very extreme. This is how it looks in-game:

PKWe9Ax.png

The guests are taller than the hedges.

• Like 1

The maximum number of map elements is 196096, this includes the surfaces outside of the map, and big elements like loopings and large scenery take up multiple tiles. I'm not sure if there is a limit for just scenery elements. For RCT1 the limit is only 49152.

Edited by Broxzier