Forums feedback

Some points still: :)

• Why is this topic listed under Small talk and not under Feedback? I'd say that is the proper category.
  • Is the forums software capable of handling multiple languages? If so, would it be possible to give users the option of using the forums software in Dutch? There is quite a big chunk of the user group from The Netherlands and posting everything in English is already hard enough for some people.
Edited by Gymnasiast

Yeah, I'm with Gymnasiast with post editing, it's a little inconvinient.

Also mousing over and seeing the blue and forum rank colours is a bit of a clash, maybe change the default cover image to be a different colour perhaps? Is it linked to a forum theme colour scheme or is it just a standard placeholder and can be swapped out? Or are neither of these possible and the only fix is to change it yourselves?

On 25-11-2015 12:26:28, Gymnasiast said:

Some points still: :)

• Why is this topic listed under Small talk and not under Feedback? I'd say that is the proper category.
  • Is the forums software capable of handling multiple languages? If so, would it be possible to give users the option of using the forums software in Dutch? There is quite a big chunk of the user group from The Netherlands and posting everything in English is already hard enough for some people.

Using multiple languages is a bit risky. The translations are provided by volunteers and might be outdated or will be outdated with the next forums update. Although I am interested in trying out 'Local forums'. So there would be a Dutch forum, German forum. etc. Thoughts on that?

This topic is not under Feedback because the feedback forum is for OpenRCT2 only. Not this community.

Will look into the other feedback asap.

When posting a response, the button that says "Submit Reply" will say "Saving...", and will keep saying that after the post has been added already. This prevents you from responding to a new reply, and forces you to reload the page first.

(Edit: Only tested on Firefox by the way)

Edited by Broxzier

Some issues regarding posting replies.

• I sometimes can't use my left/right arrow keys to fix any mistakes. Happens after viewing an image.
  • Hitting <enter> moves the entire page down (but it should not because the focus is on an input field).
  • The 'Hold ctrl and right click for more options' tooltip is often highly irritating as it won't go away until I click somewhere or move my mouse outside the input box (especially when I must use the mouse to fix typos). Simply using ctrl+v gives the same options as ctrl+rightclick.
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to edit my compact coasters park topic (because the layout is horribly broken now) but when I click edit it gives me another message to edit (url still points to my topic, but the message I'm editing starts with 'welcome to our new forums', probably the first new topic after the site change). For now it means I can't edit that post (if I did I might edit that other post).

Edit: broxzier tested it, and it indeed edits a different post

Edited by jensj12