Group Park 4

Broxzier

I'm not going to claim it yet, so if anyone from the missed turn list wants to go now, feel free to go before me. I'll claim it tomorrow evening (about 18 hours from now) if it's still unclaimed then, so that I have something to do in the train. :P

@YoloSweggLord @Philmon11 @TCE @imlegos @RedScope53

Edited by Broxzier
Added list because of new page, and dropped out people I haven't seen in a while

Dc6WMR1.png

For the past few months the famous OpenRCT Group Park 4 has had a construction site near an empty beach area. Today we celebrate the opening of a brand new ride called Salty Dog. There is only one way to reach the new area, guests have to walk down a road, then just before they are at the beach they have to walk the stairs, but this only adds to the total picture. The moment you are over the hill, you enter a boardwalk from which you can see the sea, and in it a new, marvelous ship - the new attraction. "I was in awe," one of the guests said when we asked him for his opinion. "I have yet to see the new attraction for myself, but I have to wait for my wife and children. They are off to the nearest bathroom, which is about 1km from here. Kinda ridiculous."

A woman in the background heard what was just said, and started shouting at him. "Surely they will build a toilet here in no time, this is only the first day!" To which the man replied "they should have thought about such things before opening it, heck it's even a so called Grand Opening". "It's not like you do everything perfect on your first try, just look at--" "Screw you and your assumptions! If it weren't for people like you, the world would be much less of a pussy!" "I beg you pardon?!" The woman shouted as she ran towards him and used her bag as a weapon. The man blocked the hit with his arms, and threw the woman over the railing of the boardwalk, then jumped after her. The woman's reflexes were quick though, as she took one of his arms and used his own speed to throw him further, into the river. Shouts from guests all over the place were filling the air. Our news team backed up to avoid any serious trouble, and went to the ship.

All in all, we can say it was a very exciting day, this new ride is a success!

Claimed: -
Queue: @jensj12, Cascadia, Wuis, Broxzier
Missed: YoloSweggLord, Philmon11, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 4.40.sv6

Edited by Broxzier
typo
  • Like 4

Can somebody hire some security guards in Broxzier's new area, there seem to be some incidents there. :P

Also, I think it definitely looks cool, but the ship looks a bit weird due to it being possible to see the water under the boat, if  you would make walls next to the station I think it'll look better.

• Like 1

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-11-16 00-21-28.png

It doesn't say it on here( because I pressed the 't'  key), but 2 people died during the crash. Which is weird because I can't seem to figure out how they crashed if both horses weighed as much as the other.

EDIT: This sort of hasn't happened. I was working in the wrong save file because the new ones for some reason show up above the old ones. But it's no biggie as it's just one hour of work. For anyone wondering about the crash, it happened in 4.35.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

Update

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-11-16 18-22-19.png

@Broxzier Do you mean the other way around like this?

@TCE Okay, I don't want to be rude, but your coaster wasn't doing anything for quite a long time now, so I wanted to just give a swing to it. I kept to the name of the ride, "Underground Blast" and even added a few small boosts. The coaster that this one now is mostly relatable to is Adventure Drive in Suzuka Circuit Japan, as it has quite the technology by featuring tire boosts and trick track.  The trick track is to be found on earlier straight track, as I have tried to keep as much elements as possible without gaining extreme forces.  Another thing you might notice is that I have added block brakes and shortened the station by quite a bit, this is to prevent possible crashes and I personally think that it looks a tad nicer. It's not my coaster and thus I really am not allowed to change it, if you don't want this version, I'll revert everything to what it was.

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-11-16 18-37-05.png

In other news, I'm building a space theme somewhat further up the mountain. The track might be familiar as it was also used in the previous group park. But due to it being very hidden, I thought I could use it again. (pssh, there's actually a small difference! :o )

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Wuis said:

Update

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-11-16 18-22-19.png

@Broxzier Do you mean the other way around like this?

@TCE Okay, I don't want to be rude, but your coaster wasn't doing anything for quite a long time now, so I wanted to just give a swing to it. I kept to the name of the ride, "Underground Blast" and even added a few small boosts. The coaster that this one now is mostly relatable to is Adventure Drive in Suzuka Circuit Japan, as it has quite the technology by featuring tire boosts and trick track.  The trick track is to be found on earlier straight track, as I have tried to keep as much elements as possible without gaining extreme forces.  Another thing you might notice is that I have added block brakes and shortened the station by quite a bit, this is to prevent possible crashes and I personally think that it looks a tad nicer. It's not my coaster and thus I really am not allowed to change it, if you don't want this version, I'll revert everything to what it was.

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-11-16 18-37-05.png

In other news, I'm building a space theme somewhat further up the mountain. The track might be familiar as it was also used in the previous group park. But due to it being very hidden, I thought I could use it again. (pssh, there's actually a small difference! :o )

Hey no probs, you done a good job :)

@TCE Thank you very much. ^^

The OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-11-17 19-14-33.pngThe OpenRCT Group Park 4 2016-11-17 19-30-24.png

• Added a food court
  • Added Gulpee Space Program, a coaster which might be familiar ;)
  • Added Telescope, a shot'n drop tower
  • Reincarnated Underground Blast as a launched family coaster

I had to rush a bit on the theming for Underground Blast, that is definitely something that still has to be worked on.

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 4.42.sv6

Claimed: -
Queue: @BroxzierCascadia, Wuis
Missed: YoloSweggLord, Philmon11, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, jensj12, SensualEthiopianPolice

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 1

Claiming, but will start and look at it later.

Claimed: Broxzier
Queue: Cascadia, Wuis
Missed: YoloSweggLord, Philmon11, TCE, imlegos, RedScope53, jensj12, SensualEthiopianPolice

Why is nobody from the missed turn list claiming a spot? The queue's been small for a while now.

Edited by Broxzier
12 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Claiming, but will start and look at it later.

Claimed: Broxzier
Queue: Cascadia, Wuis

Why is nobody from the missed turn list claiming a spot? The queue's been small for a while now.

Because I've been working 11 hour shifts every single day for the past 2 weeks :P