Park - Timber Lake Park

Zoomer36

• 3 weeks later...

@imlegos

Do you EVER say anything nice about someone else's work?

Why don't you post one of your parks and let the rest of us nitpick it apart!

My grandfather always said that unless someone asks for your opinion - keep yours to your self.

Remember opinions are like assholes, everyone has one one and some are bigger than others!

@Zoomer36

I think your park is pretty cool!

9 hours ago, CharlieP said:

@imlegos

Do you EVER say anything nice about someone else's work?

Why don't you post one of your parks and let the rest of us nitpick it apart!

My grandfather always said that unless someone asks for your opinion - keep yours to your self.

Remember opinions are like assholes, everyone has one one and some are bigger than others!

Calm down, Imlegos didn't mean it like that. I don't think he would've reacted if he didn't like it at all and if you show something to the public you open yourself up to getting comments, those being positive but they also could be negative. The bushes are something done in excessive amount and someone might not like it if such items are used in such amount. So as this is something posted publicly Imlegos is in it's right to say something bad about it, only being rude if Zoomer36 has said so that he doesn't want to receive any tips and just wants to show it off to the people who will like so.  But as Zoomer36 has said that he is open for reviews, Imlegos is fully in his right to posting a criticising comment.

• Like 2

An observation on my part. I live within 6 hours drive from 6 completely different amusement parks (Cedar Point, Kings Island, Six Flags over Mid-America, Great America, Michigan Adventure and Kentucky Kingdom). My daughter and I visit at least 2 of them every year because we are rollercoaster fanatics. I also travel a lot and try and visit new park when possible. I have probably been to over 75 parks in my life (some of them unfortunately no longer exist).

The one single thing in most parks is that the trees and especially the bushes and shrubs are always trimmed and well maintained. Although the trees may be different most of the bushes are of the same type because that is what grows best in their region of the country and they are the easiest to maintain, so it is not uncommon to see the same type of shrubs thru out an entire park.

I understand that some people think that diversity is king and that is their choice. I just don't think nitpicking little things need to be done. Look at the project as a whole entity and the diversity in ride selection and the manor in which they are being presented. Take in consideration the structures, coloring and surroundings. Also how the rides are interwoven together and the way they compliment each other.

I will now step down from my soapbox. Remember "It is better to keep silent and be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm it!"

I haven't been on this site in quite some time, so it came as a pleasant surprise to find that this had gotten some attention. Thanks to all who replied, I'm glad to hear all your opinions and I appreciate the compliments all around. :D. @imlegos I did ask for constructive criticism, and appreciated your comment. The primary reason that bush was used almost exclusively is because the bench did not include any others that I felt worked well with the look I was going for. I will readily admit that there was perhaps a bit too much of that particular object in my park. Please note that your comment was not taken as an insult by this humble park builder. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...