Rapid Group Park no.1

UTMAN

5 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Enable debugging tools, and you're able to change scenery and rides at any time. There's no need to use ParkDAT or any other to change them.

Wow, thank you for that. I never actually used the debugging tools so this is going to be VERY helpful to me. Thank you Broxzier!

Also, totally would agree with what Squab said. The way Group Park 2 is being built feels a little messy to me.

Edited by ziscor

People interested so far: Broxzier, Dan, jensj12 (?), qbbq, Squab, UTMAN, WobblyRails, xbalogan, ziscor

Do we all agree on a relatively small map? 100x100 or something.

I think we should keep ourselves from building coasters right at the entrance. Maybe we can also make a simple sketch of how the park should be shaped beforehand?

Also, I always think the way guest AI works is it builds up the guest's preferred ride intensity slowly through their course along the park. I tagged along to a guest once and his preferred ride intensity went from something like '4 and below' to a wonderful '9 and below'! This is why I always build Gentle rides at the entrance, then increase the ride intensity as I go further away from the Entrance. Now that I think about it, I do this because of Chris Sawyer's tutorial... 

Oh, and should we agree (if at all) on any custom rides we may wanna use? Information before hand might make this park more organised and 'real' than just going with the flow.

I also have another suggestion. Can we not go for a mostly flat park? Flat parks are what RCT 2 is infamous for. :D

Edited by ziscor

Definitely against having a flat park, I reckon we should generate a few landscaped templates and mutually agree on which to start with.

As for custom rides, I'd be all for it as they'd make the park feel a little less generic in places and broaden the possibilities, but not an extensive usage of them.

Ok, so we need a plan. Let's base our park off of a real world park. I always found Canada's Wonderland near Toronto, Ontario, Canada to be a well designed park. Right past the entrance is a long water feature with shops on either side leading up to a giant mountain. A circular pathway goes around the mountain and paths lead out from the circle to different zones of the park (kiddie area, water park, adventure land, etc).

NOTE: The blue/green giga coaster, Leviathan, going out of the "park boundaries" and past the entrance is the newest large addition to the park. I've been on the ride myself and I love it. However, I'm not a big fan of the ride placement as it seems very squished in.

56cfa0be36f3a_2012parkmapweb-1.thumb.png

Edited by qbbq
On 25/02/2016 at 10:45, Dan said:
18 hours ago, qbbq said:

Ok, so we need a plan. Let's base our park off of a real world park. I always found Canada's Wonderland near Toronto, Ontario, Canada to be a well designed park. Right past the entrance is a long water feature with shops on either side leading up to a giant mountain. A circular pathway goes around the mountain and paths lead out from the circle to different zones of the park (kiddie area, water park, adventure land, etc).

NOTE: The blue/green giga coaster, Leviathan, going out of the "park boundaries" and past the entrance is the newest large addition to the park. I've been on the ride myself and I love it. However, I'm not a big fan of the ride placement as it seems very squished in.

56cfa0be36f3a_2012parkmapweb-1.thumb.png

Definitely against having a flat park, I reckon we should generate a few landscaped templates and mutually agree on which to start with.

As for custom rides, I'd be all for it as they'd make the park feel a little less generic in places and broaden the possibilities, but not an extensive usage of them.

Dunno how I feel about basing it off an existing park... Seems like it would take away from the creative side of thinks somewhat D:

Sorry, but gonna have to agree with @xbalogan here. Following a form of blueprint takes out a huge chunk of the creative factor. Every turn would become a "Alright, who's gonna make that section of the park?". We could definitely find inspiration in that park

This would make a great project for another topic of itself, though :).

Edited by ziscor

I think we should always use at least build 2-tile wide paths, with the exception of one-way paths like ride exits. What I usually do is build a 3 tile wide path (sometimes more) for the main routes, and 2-wide paths for area's.

@Dan: I don't think starting off with a predefined height park is a good idea. Starting off with a flat map at default base height would probably be easier to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen Utman in a while, but I guess we can start without him? I suggest we start out with a flat park, and plan out some things before building anything rides at all. Perhaps we could do some paths already, at least one to the center of the park for example.

Players: Broxzier, Dan, @jensj12 (confirm please), qbbq, Squab, UTMAN, WobblyRails, xbalogan, ziscor
Cooldown (5): -

I'll make a very simple map now, but feel free to discuss everything about it, even the placement of the entrance.

Park: Rapid Group Park 1.0.sv6

Edit: Maybe we could make a sketch of the map first?

Edited by Broxzier

I'm in for now, dunno how much time I'll have to build/discuss things, but it should increase in 4 weeks and again after 2 months. I was also thinking about another rule (depending on park size): everyone may only build 1 (big) coaster per park (not per 2 turns). Perhaps even mark the terrain you want to build the station on (usually at the side of the park) the turn before you build it so we have some time to discuss.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys!

Wow, it's a loooong time since I've been at this site. Unfortunately University took all of my free time and had to stop playing thins fantastic game. However I remembered that I started an idea about a rapid park. Are some of you guys still interested about this challange?

Well since nobody else replied, that will make us 3! We'll start and maybe others start to join one by one. And by this, i'll claim the park. 
Also If people decide to join us, the cooldown increases slowly as the participants number grow. Now it's 1, since we are 4. And the formula is 4/2-1=1!

Claimed: UTMAN
Players: Broxzier, jensj12, imlegos
Cooldown (1): -

Sure thing, but with you joined the cooldown timer increases to turns!

Claimed: -
Players: Broxzier, jensj12, imlegos, Cascadia 
Cooldown (2): - UTMAN (1) ,

EDIT: Nice Jenjs, at the same time. :D

This kinda makes a question, If people are on the CD list, and someone joines after they are in the list, should their timer increse? 

Edited by UTMAN