Website feedback

• 2 weeks later...

I like the look very much! I would like a place to share scenarios with each other. Or maybe I couldn't find it...

Anyway, thanks for making the game! I love it!

Maybe there should just be a forum thread for this purpose.

Edited by oliver
10 hours ago, oliver said:

I like the look very much! I would like a place to share scenarios with each other. Or maybe I couldn't find it...

Anyway, thanks for making the game! I love it!

Maybe there should just be a forum thread for this purpose.

For now you can make a forum thread. We're going to make a Steam-workshop-like-thing in the future where you will be able to share and find scenarios and other stuff :) 

• 3 months later...

Well, that's one way of looking at it. Here's how I think about this: one might only be posting things in the Small Talk and Offtopic section or the Ideas section and still make about 100 posts. That would probably make them an Entrepreneur, and if other people like the ideas they post, or the things they post in Small Talk, they will garner enough rep to be considered an experienced member of the community. Even making jokes can put you up pretty high. If a newbie were to ask them a question, the answer might not be right at all. :P

This also puts into perspective the huge gap between Apprentice and Entrepreneur, and the small gaps after that.

But then again, something is better than nothing...

Edited by ziscor

I'd say the karma/points system would be better for this. The amount of posts does not say much about how experienced someone is. Indeed, as ziscor mentioned, someone can be active in the fun subforum, and not answer questions. Having the points more as a "good answer" system (like StackOverflow), and possible only display in it the problems and bugs section.

I agree. The rep system should only be there in the Problems and Bugs section, as in the ability to give rep, or receive rep. As for if the rep counter is only shown in said sub-forum, I'm indifferent to that change.  Shouldn't make much difference, really. 

There's a lot of ways the rep system is unreliable other than someone simply posting fun stuff that like-minded people find rep-worthy.

An example: Person A had a quarrel with Persons B and C, and when they decided to debate on this in a thread, B and C would keep giving rep to each other's post to let them know they support their stance. Person A's actions will eventually get B and C a good reputation when all they did was debate with A on something. 

[Any relation or likeness to any person/ entity in the above example is purely coincidental and are the work of fiction of the author himself. All rights reserved.]

I don't wanna start a shit storm, please ;_;

Edited by ziscor