Top 5 Favorite Roller Coasters

I assume that everyone who has a love for this genre of simulation also has a general love and passion for good roller coasters or theme parks.  What is everyone's top 5 roller coasters they have been on?  Also, what is your home park?

My home park is currently Carowinds but I grew up within 20 minutes of Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Top 5 Coasters:

1. Apollo's Chariot (Busch Gardens Williamsburg)
  2. Fury 325 (Carowinds)
  3. Millennium Force (Cedar Point)
  4. Ghost Rider (Knott's Berry Farm)  
  5. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa)

I am a sucker for good hypers/gigas. :P

Only have been on two hyper/giga coasters, Goliath and Silver Star, but they were great (I love long airtimes). I've been to Bobbejaanland, Walibi Holland, Phantasialand, Hellendoorn, Europa Park and Efteling. It's hard to make a top 5, but I'll give it a try (max 1 per coaster type):

1. Goliath (Walibi Holland, better seatbelts than Silver Star, otherwise I would have put Silver Star here)
  2. Wodan (Europa Park, could as well be another fast woodie like Joris en de Draak)
  3. Express (Walibi Holland, will be replaced by Rock'n'Roller Coaster once I get there)
  4. Winja's Fear (Phantasialand, double spinning indoor wild mouse)
  5. Baron 1898 (Efteling, mostly because of the great theming)
Edited by jensj12

I would LOVE to get to Europe one day and visit all the big parks!  Thorpe, Alton Towers, Europa, Efteling, and Tivoli Gardens all look like incredible parks.  Sadly though... as an American... traveling abroad does not sound like the best or safest option with all the unfortunate events occurring across Europe.  :/ 

Well unfortunately, I haven't been in a lot of Amusement Parks, only in the one in my own country Hungary, and even that is closed down. That had a few not so good coasters, but that's about it. :/

So I post one of it's coaster. It's been built in 1922, so it's quite old :D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Hullámvasút_1.jpg

It's called "Hullámvasút" which is the Hungarian name for Roller Coaster. I guess 1922 there wasn't enough fund for the creativity team. :V :D

1=.The Pepsi Big One - Blackpool Pleasure Beach, UK.

1=. Nemesis - Alton Towers, UK. best hangover cure I know of.

3.Shockwave - Drayton Manor, UK. went here at the very end of the season, there were only about 50 people in the whole park all day. Me and my mate were the only 2 people on the ride and when we came into the station there was nobody else waiting so they sent us round again. could of ridden it all day if we wanted.

4. The Cobra - West Midlands Safari Park, UK. Used to go here all the time as I grew up right by the park, must have ridden it a 100 times easy, It's gone now unfortunately. (the ride, not the park)

5.bobsleigh Ride? - Oakwood Adventure Park, Wales, UK. This thing was LETHAL, I'd be surprised if it's still legally allowed. You sat in an improvised bobsled/kart and got fired down a twisty steel halfpipe style track controlling all the brakes yourself! I nearly killed my sister (who had stupidly gone before me) on this ride, she was standing up after she had finished and I forgot to brake and ploughed straight through her, good times!

@Jensj12

Yeah, from around Arnhem. Koningin Julianatoren, wooh.

@Enner I think you mean an summer tobbogan or in german sommerrodelbahn, they're really fun. They're quite uncommon in the Netherlands though, as most of the country isn't really mountainous or even hilly. 

I've not been in many Theme Parks outside of the Netherlands, so I basically agree with Wuis'es list. I have been to Legoland long ago, which had a tiny coaster which I really enjoyed back then, but I hae no idea what it's called.

From the Efteling I do like Joris & de Draak (Joris & the Dragon) the most, and also De Vliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman).

56 minutes ago, Wuis said:

@Jensj12

Yeah, from around Arnhem. Koningin Julianatoren, wooh.

@Enner I think you mean an summer tobbogan or in german sommerrodelbahn, they're really fun. They're quite uncommon in the Netherlands though, as most of the country isn't really mountainous or even hilly. 

@Wuis Hello neighbour! :D I used to live near Arnhem!

Well I Live In Indonesia And The Coasters Suck :P Hahahaha but probably the top 5 Coasters For Me Is

1.Battlestar Galactica (Universal Studios Singapore)The Cylon Was Closed Tho Due To The Launch Cable Broke Down

2.YAMAHA Racing Coaster (Trans Studio Bandung)

3.Revenge Of The Mummy(Universal Studios Singapore)

4.Supersonic Odyssey (Times Square Theme Park Malaysia)

5.The Dragon (Legoland Johor Bahru Malaysia)

I Actually Spend My Holidays Outside of My Country

The Theme Parks In My Country Is Just A Rip Off From Other Theme Parks :V

Edited by WobblyRails
1 hour ago, Wuis said:

@Dan You've been to places. O_O

It feels like I'm only just getting started really when it comes to travelling abroad for theme parks, currently based in the UK so a US trip has a hefty price tag attached.

I have a west coast trip planned for 2018 and an east coast planned for 2019, so there's potential for one or two further US coasters to jump into my Top 5. As far as this year is concerned, the return to Phantasialand will probably see Taron make a noble effort to jump into my Top 5, and Wildfire :x at Koldmarden also.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

It feels like I'm only just getting started really when it comes to travelling abroad for theme parks, currently based in the UK so a US trip has a hefty price tag attached.

I have a west coast trip planned for 2018 and an east coast planned for 2019, so there's potential for one or two further US coasters to jump into my Top 5. As far as this year is concerned, the return to Phantasialand will probably see Taron make a noble effort to jump into my Top 5, and Wildfire :x at Koldmarden also.

I hope to go to Phantasialand this year too! But I think I'll only go if Taron AND Raik are opened, else I might make my first appearance at Heide-Park. I don't think I will ever ride Wildfire at Kolmarden, but we'll see.

@Dan On your east coast trip, try to visit:  Carowinds (great oasters), Busch Gardens Williamsburg (stunningly beautiful and great coasters), and the Orlando parks (Very family friendly and fun)- Disney, Universal/Islands of Adventure, Seaworld.  Also, Cedar Point:x is in the Eastern US but a ways inland from the coast or the northeast.  A lot of coasters might make it into your top 5 with that trip! ;)

12 hours ago, Dan said:

Wildfire :x at Koldmarden also.

Also, I just looked this coaster up on RDCB and came across this No-Limits simulation.   RIDICULOUS...  I can't fathom that being a wooden coaster.

12 hours ago, Squab said:

@Dan On your east coast trip, try to visit:  Carowinds (great oasters), Busch Gardens Williamsburg (stunningly beautiful and great coasters), and the Orlando parks (Very family friendly and fun)- Disney, Universal/Islands of Adventure, Seaworld.  Also, Cedar Point:x is in the Eastern US but a ways inland from the coast or the northeast.  A lot of coasters might make it into your top 5 with that trip! ;)

Orlando parks are pencilled in for next Halloween, potentially looking at popping to Carowinds first however as some friends of mine did a similar feat when Fury 325 opened.

CP and BGW are definitely on the East Coast trip, got the parks in mind and it's just a case of planning the route (and who's doing the majority of the driving!)

Regarding Wildfire, there's a construction video that shows how utterly breathtaking the view will be from the top of the lift hill. Really can't wait for it!

Edited by Dan
  • 5 weeks later...

1. Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

2. Raptor (Cedar Point)

3. Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure) - hopefully the new Hulk is just as good (or better) as the old one

4. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida) - theming is the best I've seen for any coaster

5. Magnum XL-200 (Cedar Point) - even though it can hurt at times, it's still a very fun ride with all that airtime and the tunnels.

Dan, here are some parks you should try to hit on your East Coast trip: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags America, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Hersheypark, Dorney Park, Knoebels, Kennywood, Cedar Point, Kings Island, Holiday World, Six Flags Great America, Dollywood, Carowinds, Six Flags New England

• 1 month later...

Not in any order:

1) Millennium at Cedar Point

2) The Beast at Kings Island

3) the original Steel Phantom at Kennywood, it when under and over Thunderbolt (another classic woodie)

4)The Bobs at Riverview Park (1965) I was 21 yrs old, scared the S--T out of me. It didn't have brakes, only at the station!

5)Colossus at Magic Mountain (rode the backwards train and frontwards train) in 2013 before it closed.

I am 71 yrs old and have ridden on over 125 coasters from my first in 1955 to Gate Keeper at Cedar point last year.

When I can't a roller coaster anymore, it will be time to put me in the grave!

On 1/11/2016 at 13:37, Broxzier said:

I have been to Legoland long ago, which had a tiny coaster which I really enjoyed back then, but I hae no idea what it's called.

Which LegoLand? I know of atleast 2 (Denmark, California) From what i understand, most the parks have a "Dragon Coaster" Which is basically the LegoLand equivelent of a Junior Coaster. It starts out going past some life size lego models, then it goes into a large amount of helixes. There's also Technic Project X (I think it's only at California) Which is a Steel Wild Mouse ride.

Personally, I've not been on many roller coasters. Really only those 2 and the 3 mountains at Disneyland CA (Big Thunder RR, Space, and Matterhorn.), aswell as Goofy's Sky School (Disney's California Adventure) I'd probably order them as;

1. Big Thunder Mountain RR (Disneyland California)

2. Space Mountain (Disneyland California)

3. Dragon Coaster (Legoland California)

4. Matterhorn Bobsleds (Disney California)

5. Techinic Project X (Legoland California).

have been to others parks, namely Knotts berry Farm. and despite this list, I am not from California, I live on the coast though.  Also, I am not a fan of inversions, so i have not ridden California Screamin'. Also, would Radiator Springs Racers be considered a roller coaster? I think it's more like a thrill ride...

Edited by imlegos

5. Gatekeeper (Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, USA)

4. Skyrush (Hersheypark in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA)

3. Helix (Liseberg in Gothenburg, Sweden)

2. Air (Alton Towers in Alton, England)

1. Skyscraper (Skyplex in Orlando, Florida, USA- set to open in 2017)

Also @UTMAN:

On 1/11/2016 at 16:57, UTMAN said:

x98qp.jpg

Nice Meme!

though I guess that meme could apply to pretty much every RCT fansite and forum page...

1. Bolliger & Mabillard - Leviathan (Canada's Wonderland, Vaughn, Ontario, Canada)
  2. Bolliger & Mabillard - Kumba (Busch Gardens, Tampa, Florida, USA)
  3. Intamin - Ride of Steel (Darien Lake, Buffalo, New York, USA)
  4. Intamin - Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  5. Bolliger & Mabillard - Behemoth (Canada's Wonderland)
  6. (Special Mention) Vekoma - Expedition Everest (Walt Disney Animal Kingdom, Orlando, Florida, USA) - Best theming of any coaster ever made, they made a goddamn mountain over half the height of the highest peak in Florida like what the fuck. It's also the only Vekoma I've ever actually loved.