Show Off Your Tracks.

ExCrafty

• 1 month later...

I nearly always end up doing long sprawling coasters, and then tweaking them until they get out of the red, or just have a high enough excitement that it doesn't really matter.  :)

Having said that, this coaster wasn't hard to keep out of the red, and it has reasonable stats too.  :)

1158899190_SixFlagsMagicMountain2022-06-2021-38-24.thumb.png.075230b939c7bee8a44b44900f923ecd.png

Hyperbolic 00.td6

Edited by ExCrafty
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Taken a leaf out of Marcel Vos's note book, by making a piece of standard scenery into a sort of ride.  :) You can see what ride type is in there.

It fits with entry and exit so long as you can run paths underground.  :)

1341794339_TheDunes2022-10-2713-19-56.jpg

Edited by ExCrafty
Picture file didn't work after posting.
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

Taken a leaf out of Marcel Vos's note book, by making a piece of standard scenery into a sort of ride.  :) You can see what ride type is in there.

It fits with entry and exit so long as you can run paths underground.  :)

The Dunes 2022-10-27 13-19-56.png

I would like to see your work in action!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is kind of a testcenter park to go nuts with wild coaster-designs.
First there's a Bob-Coaster that I bulid that consists mostly of Helixes: 1) get the most speed out if it, that is possible (for me at least, not for the allmighty Marcel Vos) and 
2) of course to terrorize guests.😝 But I didn't expect it to have that decent stats...😅
But I am still not sorry for the guests...😈

And a fast Wooden-Coaster that I wished would have had better stats...🙈

Arid Heights 2023-03-29 22-44-33.png

Arid Heights 2023-04-10 18-08-48.png

Arid Heights 2023-04-10 18-09-12.png

• Like 3

@mariecurry, re: Woody's Ratings.

The Intensity is too high, and that *halves* your Excitement; G-Forces all seem acceptable, so I suspect there are "too many" Drops; simply reducing the Drop-count will reduce the Intensity; achieve an Intensity >10.01 (um, I think that's the precise value ...) and your Excitement will increase dramatically.

Those 2 Drops immediately after the Photo Section can just be swapped-out, IMO: the loss of Air-time would be minimal.

I see minor Drops before turns: where you want to descend & turn, you can use Helices (a Helix does not count as a Drop); as you're not-likely going very fast at these places, the loss to Air-time should be negligible/non-existent.

Are you running trains that add to Intensity (articulated, I think, does this)? I'm not sure, though, that that actually counts against determining the Excitement penalty.

I hope you find this advice helpful. Alternatively, if you like, provide the TD6 and I'll have a go at sorting-out this coaster.

BTW, I do think that Woody is a sexy coaster.

Cheers.

Typhoon

• Like 1
On 10/04/2023 at 18:18, mariecurry said:

This is kind of a testcenter park to go nuts with wild coaster-designs.
First there's a Bob-Coaster that I bulid that consists mostly of Helixes: 1) get the most speed out if it, that is possible (for me at least, not for the allmighty Marcel Vos) and 
2) of course to terrorize guests.😝 But I didn't expect it to have that decent stats...😅
But I am still not sorry for the guests...😈

And a fast Wooden-Coaster that I wished would have had better stats...🙈

Arid Heights 2023-03-29 22-44-33.png

Arid Heights 2023-04-10 18-08-48.png

Arid Heights 2023-04-10 18-09-12.png

Ayo, i would like to see them in action! .park file please!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 30/11/2021 at 11:19, CaveExplorer said:

This is a replica of the roller coaster Colossus: The Fire Dragon at my home park, Lagoon in Farmington, Utah. It is a Schwarzkoph Doppel Looper model. If you want to see how accurate it is (which is mostly accurate) here is the video: 

image.thumb.png.58f5a9d7e0960cfd659b5999ee77a19b.png

Made an account to post and update. I figured I'd be able to find a reproduction that was fairly accurate. I didn't like yours as much so I made this version of Colossus: The Fire Dragon. Colossus.thumb.png.46eea5588bb6076e2198b31c8ba24c9f.pngColossus.td6

Edited by Annantrow
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...

i was directed here to post some of the tracks i've made/saved and decorated. i usually only make these tracks in the track designer, so it's not as creative as a whole park, but the upside is that most of them don't require any special theming aside from train types.

i only have 2 tracks i'm comfortable presenting at the moment. there are more i've done as practice, but i'm not the author of some of them (just the decoration).

vegitator.thumb.png.61ca256c231f71add04d381dc9288b5d.png

Crème Caramel.png

sublime.png

Edited by bleh
pics not uploading correctly
  • Like 2
  • Artistic 2

i'm not sure how to help you with your problem because i'm not sure what it is you're having a problem with, but this guide helped me understand how to make things work.

Edited by bleh
evil bits stealing my key presses
On 03/03/2024 at 17:07, bleh said:

i'm not sure how to help you with your problem because i'm not sure what it is you're having a problem with, but this guide helped me understand how to make things work.

First thank you for your reaction to my post. I alreday now how to build normal slides, but I'm just not able to build a half pipe slide. @astraylifewas able to do this, as you can see here in his post:

Screenshot_20240306_214112_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b0855389393f3f6b2090b29a10ea8154.jpg

It's basicly a waterslide with a spike. 

i'd need to see it in action to be able to decipher what's going on.

ok i downloaded the map and had a look. it's a mindfuck of tile inspector madness- lots of hidden track pieces with your most likely issue being how to sequence them all to make it work the way it does. i have no expertise in this area, so you probably know more than i do.

if you can replicate one single portion of the halfpipe thing (as in drop in, go up and back down one halfpipe, then reverse on the s-bend to go up and back down on the next halfpipe), it should be a case of just copy and pasting it for however long you want it to go for. how it maintains speed i am not sure. likely hidden boosts or chain lifts. or maybe that plugin does something. i'm also not sure how it is able to have partly incomplete track and be open. my guess is the base ride type, or cheats, or that plugin again.

sorry i can't be of any help.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bleh said:

i'd need to see it in action to be able to decipher what's going on.

ok i downloaded the map and had a look. it's a mindfuck of tile inspector madness- lots of hidden track pieces with your most likely issue being how to sequence them all to make it work the way it does. i have no expertise in this area, so you probably know more than i do.

if you can replicate one single portion of the halfpipe thing (as in drop in, go up and back down one halfpipe, then reverse on the s-bend to go up and back down on the next halfpipe), it should be a case of just copy and pasting it for however long you want it to go for. how it maintains speed i am not sure. likely hidden boosts or chain lifts. or maybe that plugin does something. i'm also not sure how it is able to have partly incomplete track and be open. my guess is the base ride type, or cheats, or that plugin again.

sorry i can't be of any help.

Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...