Group Park 7

Broxzier

5a7d5438f004b_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-02-0823-53-07.png.bc3a01287571871bc28c3420a8b4e998.png

Built a pool where guests can swim with sea lions, but spent most of my time building lots of bins and benches to boost the park rating up to 999 again because there was too much litter and sick guests around.  Remember to build benches and bins every time you build a new path, especially if it's the exit path for a coaster! 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.84.sv6

Claimed: -
Queue: Jochem, Deurklink, Leudimin, Broxzier, Spiffyjack, Wuis
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, giraty, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089

@Jochem  @xbalogan @jensj12 @Przemek @TheMightyClem @1081p @RedScope53 @giraty @RaunchyRussell @Darthyoda714 @TCE @saxman1089

And I'm done!
I decided to continue from Wuis' area, so I made something that would fit well with his sandy area :P 

5a7f41a9b9ac8_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-02-1019-59-34.thumb.png.89b83d33d00eb919d42aed7287a194ba.png

5a7f41e3e74f7_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72018-02-1019-59-41.thumb.png.50156f842f07876c487526f65385a391.png

The ride is called "Curse of the Sphinx", and is a wild ride through some Egyptian-styled ruins. 

Here's the save:

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.85.sv6

Queue:  @Leudimin, Broxzier, Spiffyjack, Wuis, Deurklink
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Jochem

• Like 2
Just now, Deurklink said:

Well, there are no very complex shapes involved, so it was quite easy to make :P 

For you, maybe ... I've never had much skill with the building tools ... it's a large part of why I have never yet convinced myself I'm ready to try joining in on one of these projects. On the other hand, I've only been around during this one, so it's still early.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Batchman said:

For you, maybe ... I've never had much skill with the building tools ... it's a large part of why I have never yet convinced myself I'm ready to try joining in on one of these projects. On the other hand, I've only been around during this one, so it's still early.

there's more that one way to skin a cat. If you work in a group park with no time constraints there are a few ways to build that might work best for you.

1. Your a fast veteran. That's pretty cool :D  

2. You know how to build, but your kinda slow or indecisive as to what to build.  That's cool too :D  but typically you start early and finish out after a few rounds. That usually keeps builders from stressing... like your stuff isn't finished and you think it should look better before showing it.. no big deal. Start your plot and work it when you can.

3. You simply claim your plot. Once you boundary your area, it's yours. At that point, you have the map and you can build wherever you want whether you claimed the park or not. NOW, depending if you build above or below ground it can get tricky. But if your all above ground you can transfer all your work as a ride/scenery design that you save from one file to the next. Note: if you build under ground that changes the technique a bit, but can still be done. I like this route sometimes because I can work for days on a build and transfer it in minutes. 

the other input was good too.

edit: keep in mind also there are hot keys to use to add content such as placing a roof piece for example you can pick a roof piece(this works with all content) place your curser over a roof piece or ANY object you want to match the height of, hold down the ctrl key and frome then on, the peice you want to place will match that height and you simply keep holding the ctrl and click away to place at the same height. Don't know if you were aware, just mentioning it.

I'm thinking @Deurklink @Broxzier and many others have all the keys on a cheat sheet but I typically don't link to info :D 

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 5

I haven't quite finished what I was planning to build, but I'll keep it for now and will finish this during my next turn. This new ride is called Plunge, for it dives into the cliff. The stats aren't great, but I'm happy with the design.

4AHtfNg.png

Some seemingly random tiles had a checker pattern and ice edge style, which I have removed to blend in with the surrounding areas. I don't know who placed them and what purpose they had, but they looked out of place.

Queue:  Spiffyjack, Wuis, Deurklink, Broxzier
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, RedScope53, RaunchyRussel, Darthyoda714, TCE, saxman1089, Jochem, Leudimin

@SpiffyJack show us what you've got!

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.86.sv6

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I haven't quite finished what I was planning to build, but I'll keep it for now and will finish this during my next turn. This new ride is called Plunge, for it dives into the cliff. The stats aren't great, but I'm happy with the design.

Some seemingly random tiles had a checker pattern and ice edge style, which I have removed to blend in with the surrounding areas. I don't know who placed them and what purpose they had, but they looked out of place.

Hehe, I love that Heartline twister - Bobsleigh combo! But yeah, it being a Heartline twister, stats are bound to be terrible :D By the way, a heartline twister will get a penalty to its stats if it doesn't have any inversions.. Maybe that's the issue here. Perhaps when we decide the park is complete, we could maybe freeze the stats of all rides and do some manual tweaking.. This will mostly help our invisible rides :P

Spiffyjack made those pillars, probably to mark some areas for his transport line?

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Broxzier said:

There is an inversion underground, so hopefully that counts against the penalty. I don't mind the poor stats too much anyway, as long as some guests decide to ride it. :P

I just looked at the stats, and these are just your average Heartline twister stats :P They usually get rubbish excitement rating, and high intensity.  That's also the reason most people don't like building them.

• Like 1