Game keeps crashing on Multiplayer

31 minutes ago, xzalek25 said:

So how should I report that error?

Bugs should be reported on the Github issues page. Include your OS, commit hash, the assertion that failed and any errors that were logged to the terminal.

34 minutes ago, imlegos said:

Now it's up to someone who actually understands this to figure out what "Line: 1280" is.

What do you think it would be? It's the line on which the assertion failure occurred - specifically this one. Looks like an unhandled case in some string formatting code.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Bugs should be reported on the Github issues page. Include your OS, commit hash, the assertion that failed and any errors that were logged to the terminal.

What do you think it would be? It's the line on which the assertion failure occurred - specifically this one. Looks like an unhandled case in some string formatting code.

what is a commit hash and an assertion failed

10 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

I got that it's where the failure happened, but I just didn't know what that line was (nor did I really feel like looking it up)...

39 minutes ago, xzalek25 said:

what is a commit hash and an assertion failed

The commit hash identifies the commit from which the game was built. It should be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen when the game starts up, along with the version number and OS.

An assertion is a condition that is assumed to always hold at a certain point in the code. It's checked at runtime, and if it is violated then the program immediately terminates. The assertion that was triggered here is just "false" which seems to indicate that this branch was assumed to be unreachable, or possibly that this case isn't implemented. I am not familiar enough with the codebase to know which.

Edited by X7123M3-256
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

The commit hash identifies the commit from which the game was built. It should be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen when the game starts up, along with the version number and OS.

An assertion is a condition that is assumed to always hold at a certain point in the code. It's checked at runtime, and if it is violated then the program immediately terminates. The assertion that was triggered here is just "false" which seems to indicate that this branch was assumed to be unreachable, or possibly that this case isn't implemented. I am not familiar enough with the codebase to know which.

Did I do it correctly? Look below.

InternetSample1.PNG

5 hours ago, Nubbie said:

No, start the game and see what the commit number is, should be in the bottom left corner with the a combination of letters and numbers, like a934590

33749cc

The folks over there closed my ticket! He didn't help at all and he said there's another case open but it has nothing to do with my issue.

It's the same assertion that failed, but in another part of the game. If the causes are the same (which is likely, as it's the same assertion), fixing one will fix the other too. If the other issue is fixed and your problem still exists, feel free to re-open your issue (or open a new one). 

52 minutes ago, xzalek25 said:

33749cc

The folks over there closed my ticket! He didn't help at all and he said there's another case open but it has nothing to do with my issue.

This is the issue in question, and as you can see it everything to do with your problem because it's the same bug - assertion failure at line 1280 in localisation.c. There's no point in having two open issues for the same bug, so yours was closed as a duplicate. The original issue remains open, so it's not that this bug will not be fixed, just that the developers already know about it.