RCTWorld playtrough.

oh i can't edit a post??i realy like it how far they are in this video. its better than the bad trailer they had first. And they are releasing rides and stuff as updates. When i typed it it will releas on Q4 2015. but in the video they said that at the next pax in november they will show more.

It seems you can't edit the first post of a thread :/As for RCT World, it seems like RCT 3 with higher-poly graphics, a dumbed-down interface and a goal to save the worthless company called Atari from yet another bankruptcy with a game that has the quality potential of RCT 4 Mobile.OMG, the guest animations and movement at 7:25 hurt my eyes. What is this, 1997?

It seems you can't edit the first post of a thread :/As for RCT World, it seems like RCT 3 with higher-poly graphics, a dumbed-down interface and a goal to save the worthless company called Atari from yet another bankruptcy with a game that has the quality potential of RCT 4 Mobile.OMG, the guest animations and movement at 7:25 hurt my eyes. What is this, 1997?
That moon walking is a development build problem it should be fixed in the releas version, that also counts for animations of peeps getting on/off rides. I realy like the gates at the station.

In the features list (on steam store page) they said they would include isometric view and a financial system, no word about it in the video while that's the only thing I'm interested in. As far as I know it's more a sim than a tycoon game. I might try if there's a demo available, but OpenRCT will most likely be much better for me.

Oh god, all the corporate crap. They're like politicians, avoiding every question that could lead to a negative response and weaseling around every uncomfortable topic. I know this is a development build, but I don't like the fact that they put the benches etc. NEXT to the actual pathways. In the entire video I haven't seen anyone using a bench or picnic table, and it looks like it's intended behavior to just have those things as useless props. Also, if there's no underground construction, that takes away a huge chunk of how you're able to build your rides, let alone taking out a really big and important factor of a ride's excitement rating. The freeform coaster building looks a bit awkward as well. I suppose they just wanted to dumb/water down the coaster creation process, so it's almost impossible to build a coaster that's ultra-extreme without having it fly off the rails before reaching that point. Having to manage G-forces probably wasn't deemed casual enough.

In the features list (on steam store page) they said they would include isometric view and a financial system, no word about it in the video while that's the only thing I'm interested in. As far as I know it's more a sim than a tycoon game. I might try if there's a demo available, but OpenRCT will most likely be much better for me.
I doubt it will work even if they implement it. Isometric view kinda only works good if we're talking 2D sprites, not humongous 3D Ferris Wheels that take up 40% of the view screen.

RCT 3 is horrendous, though. After openRCT drew me back into the RCT business, I tried RCT 3 again, but if you're not playing that on flat land, it's really annoying with the building placement and especially underground construction.If your land isn't absolutely, perfectly flat, the buildings just won't connect to the pathways, and the interface is really clunky and spread too thin. If you're using an isometric view, it's almost impossible to get everything right in 3 dimensions. The window-based interface of the old titles is also so much better.Given that RCTworld is all about drag&drop, I hope it'll be easier on that part. Yet it seems a bit limited, without the ability to place 2-wide paths n all. The terraforming also looked really weird, I hope they'll still have the RCT1/2 style 45° slope stuff, because otherwise the scenery will just look all deformed.

Yeah, one thing i hope for in RCTW is the ability to use regular prefab peices in addition to the new node system. so we can build it the way we want, i also wonder if compatibility with RCT2/3 rides like 3 had for 2, and 2 had for 1. not likely though, as this seems to remove the grid aspect.

The grid, I love it, it makes placement so much more logical, why is it gone? There are enough sims with professional freeform coaster editing tools. I think they still expect the themepark sandboxers to come to them while there are other programs dedicated to it. (for anyone interested, nolimits 2 (can load RCT1 coasters through NL1) and theme park studio already fit these needs, which I both own)You can place grid coasters in non-grid environments, but RCTW to any grid-based thing won't work.

RCT1/2 rides will probably just fly off the tracks in RCTW, though. I still can't believe that they implemented this white/yellow/red stuff to make it impossible to build rides that are 'too' intense. In the video the coaster didn't even go that fast.Especially when it comes to building rollercoasters, which are all about G-forces and symmetrical precision engineering, I can't see how a freeform drag&drop tool is supposed to work in the long run.Building a looping isn't just about forming a circle, it has to be this drop-like shape (forgot what it was called), to make sure that the G-forces aren't too hard upon entering the loop. Unless, of course, they watered down the physics simulation and intensity stuff. Would be a shame if a game from the 1900s was more sophisticated than it's 2015 sequel. At least the grid will still be available for other things, but since there's no underground construction, building on uneven terrain will be a pain in the butt nonetheless. No tunnels, no underground stations, no taking shortcuts through a mountain.

2016? If we still believe what they say it should be november this year! :D
They said Q4 2015, which is January to April 2016Shame there was no mention of workshop support for rides though..
Q4 2015 is from september to december this year.And they said it very clear steam workshop is in game from the start.

Well, it's now the THIRD studio that has been working on this game... but I really have good hopes for it. The progress they've made since the trailer... basicly scrapping everything.So, for me, it looks good. If it sucks, I'll stick with Parkitect/OpenRCT2. But right now, I really believe that it's going to be a quite good game. You should also read the development blogs on the site, they're quite fun.