can't raise land more than 120 feet

hello. I was building today in openrct offline, and realized i can not raise land more than 120 feet. I have golden shovel activated and still see no way to change height limitations. I have asked before for a commands/variables list for the console, but no one seemed to know of one (i am guessing there may be a way to change height limitations in the console). Also, i cannot make unpurchasable land purchasable in scenarios where there is only a fraction of the map available for purchase (leafy lake for example). How do i change these parameters? is it possible to change these parameters?

The height limit check removal is only for ride that are high above the ground, not for the ground itself (that might still be limited by the save game format). The console itself has a built-in help, just type anything other than a command and it'll show you how to access it.

There is no way to remove the height limit for the ground in game at the moment. None of the existing console commands are for disabling limits - all that stuff is in the cheat window/menu. Console commands are mostly used for changing values like park rating or money.

I decided to do some tests using an external script to move the land tiles up - but not only can I not break the limit, I can't even reach the existing limit - if I set the tile heights in the map data to 62 (the normal limit), it gets loaded as 54. Not sure what's going on there, so I'll have to have a closer look. This test is inconclusive.

It may or may not be possible to remove the limit in a backward-compatible way, but I am not sure that it's baked into the save format - map elements in general can have clearance heights up to 255, so I'm not sure why surface tile behave differently. I might consult the source and see if I can find anywhere else where tile heights are stored.

Edited by X7123M3-256

@X7123M3-256: You might want to report your findings here: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/3455

As far as I know the in-game limit is not there because the ground can't get higher, as proven by the issue above, but maybe it's set to this specific height because otherwise coasters and rides could get too high or something - I'm just guessing here what the reason for this limit is at all. It could be just a design decision.

6 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

@X7123M3-256: You might want to report your findings here: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/3455

My objective was to find out if the SV6 format would support such a hack, but @Spacek links to a park which has it, thus making my test pretty much irrelevant - if there's a park out there that does it, then it's definitely possible. It's just a matter of implementing the feature. If/when this is implemented I would change the name of the cheat from "Disable support limits" to "Disable height limits", as that would make clear it's not just supports anymore.

As for why my script didn't work, I'm not sure, but I did only touch the surface tiles, so if there's anything else that needed to be updated at the same time that's probably the source of the problem.

Edited by X7123M3-256

Purchasing unpurchasable land is possible - enable sandbox mode, then go to the minimap. There you will find a tool that allows you to set land as purchasable, or to directly set it as owned. This also allows you to own the tiles on the map edge, which is not normally possible.