Selecting everything in Scenario Editor

Hi everyone!
I am wondering if it is somehow possible to select all Objects, Rides, and so on, in the Scenario Editor of OpenRCT2?
I mean, i can understand that you can only choose one form of water, and the limit of 128 in the old game itself, but shouldn't it be possible to play a scenario with the whole content of RCT2?
Everything i found to this, was a 5 year old Reddit entry where it stated that 'it's planned, but not implemented yet'
Does anyone know more about this?
thanks!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jensj12 said:

After that, limits will likely slowly go away.

The limits will be greatly increased as soon as the new save format is merged. In the current version of the new save format, you can have up to 256 ride/shop types selected, which is double the SV6 limit (this will likely increase further before the new save format is finished), and up to 5 times as many objects on the map. I think sprite counts can go up to 65536 (up from the old limit of 10000).

The new save format will not completely remove the limits, and I don't think that's planned - they will just be increased to the point that that they're not a problem.

• Like 1

ALL HAIL THE NEW SAVE FORMAT !!!!!!!

All hail those that are making it happen. Awesome job for people not being paid to do it. Who do it because they are that deep into this game.  :)

My hat goes off to all the people working on OpenRCT2, honestly.

Edited by ExCrafty
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
On 23/02/2021 at 03:45, ExCrafty said:

ALL HAIL THE NEW SAVE FORMAT !!!!!!!

All hail those that are making it happen. Awesome job for people not being paid to do it. Who do it because they are that deep into this game.  :)

My hat goes off to all the people working on OpenRCT2, honestly.

when does the new save format come out and where is it thanks...so excited

5 hours ago, bradg58 said:

when does the new save format come out and where is it thanks...so excited

The guys haven't completed it as yet. I suspect they may not have a release date for it yet. It can't be an easy task I suspect. I, like others really hope they can do it, but I'm prepared to let them take their time and get it right. None of my comments are in any way meant as a "hurry up".

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered before, total newbie here. Just wondering, I saw a youtube video recently about openrct2 and its features, and it showed that the object selection option for rides and scenery had increased from the usual 126/252 to 2047, with new pathing options included as well.

Has this been implemented in the current build or is the new save format still under development?

Thank you