Long-time player, first-time forumer!

Hey everyone. Good to see that people still play this game. It's one of the best games, like, ever.

I remember meeting one of my best friends sometime around 12 to 13 years ago while playing RCT in an after-school care program. He said something like, "Hey, nice coaster!" and turned out to be a huge RCT fan as well, so we hit it off. We actually did an OpenRCT livestream a couple of years ago--unfortunately they're no longer available to view on YT.

Anyways, I have been lurking these forums here and there for a while now, and OpenRCT2 is among the three games I regularly play (the others being Rocket League and GTAV). Recently I created a custom sandbox scenario so I could focus on aesthetically-pleasing rides and park designs, but the blank canvas is so intimidating. So I came here to look at other people's creations for inspiration, maybe participate in some contests, and generally just appreciate the game and everything the dev team has done to make it super. Thank you!

One question: is there any way to access the parks that are featured in the main screen slideshow of our current OpenRCT2 build? I would love to take a look through these parks and note the different ways people use scenery objects and rides to create stunning parks. It would bring me some serious satisfaction to someday soon create something that looks so great!

If you're viewing this, I ask that you please say hey and attach a screenshot (or more) of one of your favorite builds or parks.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums, I hope you'll have a good time here! :) We've got a group park going on that anyone may join, check it out if you're interested.

8 hours ago, isometricosahedron said:

One question: is there any way to access the parks that are featured in the main screen slideshow of our current OpenRCT2 build?

https://openrct2.org/forums/topic/1337-intro-menu-parks/?do=findComment&comment=16286

• Like 1
On 2/22/2018 at 17:36, isometricosahedron said:

Thanks for the help Broxzier!

just a tip: if you use '@' followed by the name, that person will be receive a notification. Then that person or persons will be guaranteed to see your comment.

example:   @Broxzier

especially for Broxzier cause he's a busy man :D 

edit: i know i like to make sure my thank you's get to the person

Edited by SpiffyJack