Greedy guests: peeps won't even pay 1€/$/etc. for Ferries Wheel or Merry-Go-Round

I noticed that the peeps became much greedier recently. They won't even pay 1€ for the Ferries Wheel or 1,50€ for the Pirate Ship. They also don't pay more than 3€ for coasters.

This is a problem for me, I can't get any money together to actually get any park going. I barely managed to win Forest Frontiers with just a Merry-Go-Round, a Pirate Ship and a wooden coaster. I had to reduce the research costs and everything.

In RCT1 I normally manage to win Forest Frontiers with like 700 Peeps and all attractions built, so it's not like I'm bad at this game. But this needs to be fixed. This problem is the reason why I'm giving OpenRCT2 a rest and rather stick with RCT1 instead.

Edited by Timolino456

It's rather odd, I must admit. I ran into the same thing yesterday, but, mostly with roller coasters, which were $2.00. I also have seen this a few times with the food and beverage shops. I cannot remember which ones they were, but, some of the food was between $1.00-$1.50, with drinks being around the same price range. I don't know if it's a bug or anything, but, it seems I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

• Like 1

It's even worse with rollercoasters. I know how the price system in RCT1 and 2 work. RCT1 base game and Added Attractions parks have the normal price system and in Loopy Landscapes and RCT2 parks you can make everything crazy expensive and they still pay. But in OpenRCT2 right now they are greedier than in the RCT1 base game system. For really good coasters they only want to pay 3€ or less and after a small amount of time I had to put it down to 2,50€. Some coasters even have to be 2€ and 1,50€ afterwards. Also the cheat "Attractions don't loose value" doesn't seem to work for me, they still refuse the pay the normal price after a couple of months. I didn't check food shops though, but I think their base prices are okay as it is.

It's really weird..

Edited by Timolino456
My grammar sucks
  • Like 1

What doesn't make sense is I've always used, well, if not the exact the same prices, then, around those prices, whether it was 50 cents cheaper or expensive and it's never been a problem. However, when it comes to the shops, if I see peeps are complaining of the prices, I often round them to the nearest dollar (Ex. If the original is $1.20, then, I make it $1). This does work for me sometimes to where I get less complaints about the price, but, they still show up. It does confuse me sometimes.

In RCT1 and RCT2 it has always been easy. If a ride costs 1€ and peeps are complaining, put it to 60 cents (or from 2€ to 1,60€ etc.) and from like 2,50€ to 2€. Then they're okay with it. After some time you will have to put it from 60 cents to 20 cents. And after a really long time they will only ride it if it's free. In OpenRCT2 this isn't the case, because they will only pay like half the normal price and they start complaining much quicker than in the original games.

But I do think this is a bug, because it really makes the game harder than it should be.

Same with park entrance prices, you need to put it really low or you'll get the message that the price is too high and no guests will come to the park. I had to start with 1€ and could only go up to 10€ after a whole year.

Edited by Timolino456
Once again, my grammar sucks
5 hours ago, imlegos said:

Are you by chance using cheats to make guests pay both entry and for rides?

Also, the ammount of money you can make guests pay for a ride decreases as time goes on until 25 years old where it's reset to a slightly lower value

I use the cheat where I give guests $1 000 so that they don't run out of cash, as well as the cheat where the rides don't decrease in value over time.

• 1 year later...

If the guests have paid for entrance, then they'll only pay 25% as much for rides as they would if entry were free. It doesn't matter what the ride/entry pricing setting is set to _now_, what matters is if they paid when entering.

Try getting guests in your park who haven't paid anything for entry and they _will_ pay £1 for a Twist (if it's new).

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Gymnasiast said:

If the guests have paid for entrance, then they'll only pay 25% as much for rides as they would if entry were free. It doesn't matter what the ride/entry pricing setting is set to _now_, what matters is if they paid when entering.

Try getting guests in your park who haven't paid anything for entry and they _will_ pay £1 for a Twist (if it's new).

I just tried that, new guests still won't pay 1€/£/$/whatever

EDIT: now it works. Why did that 25% thing even get implemented? In RCT1 you could charge both entrace and rides and they would pay normally...

Edited by Timolino456
On 07/09/2017 at 17:54, Timolino456 said:

I noticed that the peeps became much greedier recently. They won't even pay 1€ for the Ferries Wheel or 1,50€ for the Pirate Ship. They also don't pay more than 3€ for coasters.

This is a problem for me, I can't get any money together to actually get any park going. I barely managed to win Forest Frontiers with just a Merry-Go-Round, a Pirate Ship and a wooden coaster. I had to reduce the research costs and everything.

In RCT1 I normally manage to win Forest Frontiers with like 700 Peeps and all attractions built, so it's not like I'm bad at this game. But this needs to be fixed. This problem is the reason why I'm giving OpenRCT2 a rest and rather stick with RCT1 instead.

Did you say peeps? :L

• Dislike 2
18 hours ago, Timolino456 said:

I just tried that, new guests still won't pay 1€/£/$/whatever

EDIT: now it works. Why did that 25% thing even get implemented? In RCT1 you could charge both entrace and rides and they would pay normally...

It was implemented like that in RCT2 (despite asking for both not being possible, except through cheating).

And it's not terribly realistic that peeps would pay full price for both. Not to mention it makes the game a lot easier than it should.

• Like 1
On 30/10/2018 at 16:11, Gymnasiast said:

It was implemented like that in RCT2 (despite asking for both not being possible, except through cheating).

And it's not terribly realistic that peeps would pay full price for both. Not to mention it makes the game a lot easier than it should.

Since you can charge a lot more money for attractions in RCT2, I can see that.

But in OpenRCT2 you apparently can't do it that much. 1€ for a Merry-Go-Round seems to be the maximum. Coasters about 5-8€ and thrill rides ~3€ for me. In standard RCT2 those were alot higher.

It's not really hard like it is now but I'm somebody that likes to repay the loan before the scenario is finished and right now I always have to increase it at first to build something that makes more money, like a somewhat big coaster or something.

Well, whatever, problem solved I guess.