Cheat Suggestions

Here are my top suggestion for some cheats in OpenRCT2.

• Remove Guest that...
    • Have the thought {"I want to go home."} -- more thoughts than that.
    • Happiness Less Than [ ] 
    • Less Money Than []
  • Set Time...
    • Set Year To
    • Set Month To
  • Money
    • Set Park Value 
    • Set Company Value
  • Ride Value
    • Set Ride Excitement
    • Set Ride Intensity  
    • Set Ride Nausea  

What do you want to be added? 

Park value and company value are calculated by a specific formula (just like the park rating) and thus need to be forced to be a value, if you want to change them. I can't recall anyhting other than a scenario goal being affected by those values, so there's absolutely no need to cheat that (scenario goals are there for a reason, don't ever cheat them).

Same goes for the EIN-ratings, if they are not what you want them to be, build a different coaster. There is already a cheat that makes guests ignore the intensity rating.

Time only influences ride age, and there's already a cheat for that (and scenario goals, but again, don't ever cheat them). I can understand that when sharing a map you'd sometimes want to reset the time, but only when sharing a map as scenario for someone to play. Using the scenario maker already does that (also resets ride age to fix undefined behaviour).

Remove guests that... While certainly being helpful, I see no use case for it (where there are no other solutions). The game already makes those guests leave the park. If they are stuck and can't leave your park, a new group of guests will get stuck again if you remove them, so you'll have to fix the paths and then the game will already 'remove' those guests by making them leave. There is already a cheat for removing all guests.

Good idea's, but for the devs not worth the hassle.

Remove unhappy/leaving guests - good idea, I can imagine this is helpful when guests got stuck somewhere and take forever to leave.

Set time - Definitely. I don't know if this will cause issues with ride ages though.

Park Value and ride ratings - No. I think this is wrong, even as a cheat. They are merely there to let you know how good your park or ride is, they do not have an impact on the game itself. I know the same thing can be said about park rating, for which there is a cheat already. The only reason for having this cheat is to reach the park's objective, but there's also this button that lets you win a scenario instantly.

3 hours ago, jensj12 said:

Same goes for the EIN-ratings, if they are not what you want them to be, build a different coaster.

Hacked rides often mess with the E/I/N ratings and while they are ultimately inconsequential I wouldn't mind having the option to tune it manually. For example, train length factors into excitement rating, so when playing with long trains you can easily get 11+ excitement which is absurd. Also,rating calculation is different for every track type, so putting a train on a different track type from the one it was designed for will often result in an excitement rating that's too high or too low. Worse, while individual objects can increase ratings beyond the hardcoded base, you can't decrease them, so if you make a ride based on giga coaster track the excitement will probably come out higher than you'd like, even without the use of cheats.

I think the best way to deal with this problem would be to make it possible to adjust ratings down as well as up in the object file, rather than on a per-ride basis, but I don't think this can be done easily without a new object file format. I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement as a cheat, either, and I don't think it's particularly important, but if it was there, I'd probably use it.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Suggestion's for various things that would make playing a bit easier.
1. A Keyboard shortcut for stacking scenery (pressing this shortcut will keep it at the height you placed the previous scenery item) This would make it so you don't have to stack scenery from the bottom up and causing isometric illusions. 

2. A cheat to make block brakes work like how they did in RCT3 (You can set a speed and use them as a launch of some kind)

3. A cheat to allow more than 4 stations on rides (transport rides specifically) This would make having a massive transit system a lot easier since you could have as many stations as you want.

4. The ability to see just through trees and nothing else, this would make it so you don't have to turn all scenery off just to see through a forest. So if you are placing scenery in the forest, you could check the option to see through the forest, turning on "seeing through scenery" would make the scenery that you are trying to place invisible, so you would have a bad time.

5. An add-on to the "Disable Clearance Checks" cheat that would make it so you could place walls partially underground on a flat or sloped surface, making it easier to make microscopic details and to build on mountains.

6. Adding an option in the scenery tab to place a "variety of trees" toggling this option would make placing one kind of tree of your choice spawn randomized trees (like the random tree placement option) that look similar to the tree you selected, making forest's a lot easier and quicker to make.

7. Adding a cheat to make it so when you hold down the mouse button while placing scenery (lets say trees) it would place them automatically so you don't have to click one by one to place a forest. so as you drag along the map, trees would be automatically placed. This would further make forests easier to create. But to prevent spammers and grievers on multiplayer servers, this would be a cheat that you need specific permission for, and would be a SEPARATE permission from the general cheats permission, Giving server owners better control of it since this cheat would make spamming easier.

The following suggestions are probably a lot harder to implement but i am going to suggest them anyway.

8. The ability to have more than 2 custom music tracks, This would allow for a lot more musical fun, and it would remove that pesky 2 custom song limit.

9. The ability to select more rides for custom scenarios (increasing the amount from 128 to 255) I am pretty sure there is a programming reason for why this number is the way it is, but you never know with technology being as advanced as it is. This would also apply to scenery, paths, etc.

10. (the hardest one) Allowing the people to be smart enough to use transport rides to get to another ride. Lets say a coaster is at the far end of the park and the person is at the entrance, a transport ride takes him directly to where that coaster is, he would be smart enough to ride the transport ride to get to where the coaster is, then ride it. this would make it so the guests don't get lost every second.

That's all that I could think of, I believe that these suggestions are very possible and I hope to see them in future updates!

• Like 1
On 4/2/2016 at 04:53, Broxzier said:

Remove unhappy/leaving guests - good idea, I can imagine this is helpful when guests got stuck somewhere and take forever to leave.

Set time - Definitely. I don't know if this will cause issues with ride ages though.

Park Value and ride ratings - No. I think this is wrong, even as a cheat. They are merely there to let you know how good your park or ride is, they do not have an impact on the game itself. I know the same thing can be said about park rating, for which there is a cheat already. The only reason for having this cheat is to reach the park's objective, but there's also this button that lets you win a scenario instantly.

I always thought that ride ratings directly affected how many guests got on them, and therefore, impact the game itself...

suggestion  

An option in the guests' parameters tab, either a "lock" feature, for example to make Bathroom: Min permanent, as what is available in the General tab for Freeze Climate.  If not, then a "repeater" that can be set so the Energy: resets to Max once a week/once a month like the Never-ending marketing campaigns in the General tab.  

OpenTABs.jpg

Edited by B1llKarson
10 hours ago, Elektronikcraft said:

A Keyboard shortcut for stacking scenery (pressing this shortcut will keep it at the height you placed the previous scenery item) This would make it so you don't have to stack scenery from the bottom up and causing isometric illusions. 

You mean the control key? This was in vanilla, if it's not working in OpenRCT2 then that's a bug, but it's working fine for me on latest develop.

A cheat to make block brakes work like how they did in RCT3 (You can set a speed and use them as a launch of some kind)

Setting the speed of block brakes is a good idea, but don't make them work like RCT3's "instantly stop the train and then accelerate to 60mph" versions. Fast chain lifts work so much better as launches, and when a new file format is created it would be possible to implement actual launch pieces, so I don't think we need to introduce a new way to hack them.

A cheat to allow more than 4 stations on rides (transport rides specifically) This would make having a massive transit system a lot easier since you could have as many stations as you want.

Requires a new file format, the four station limit is built into the SV6.

An add-on to the "Disable Clearance Checks" cheat that would make it so you could place walls partially underground on a flat or sloped surface, making it easier to make microscopic details and to build on mountains.

Possibly useful but subject to rendering order glitches (as is anything using disable clearance check). Better is to use scenery objects that fit the landscape, but not all sets have these.

he ability to select more rides for custom scenarios (increasing the amount from 128 to 255) I am pretty sure there is a programming reason for why this number is the way it is, but you never know with technology being as advanced as it is. This would also apply to scenery, paths, etc.

Requires a new file format. And while you're at it why not remove the limit completely?

6 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

An add-on to the "Disable Clearance Checks" cheat that would make it so you could place walls partially underground on a flat or sloped surface, making it easier to make microscopic details and to build on mountains.

Just terraform the tile you're placing walls on.

6 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Possibly useful but subject to rendering order glitches

Placing scenery on an adjacent tile to the one with a rendering glitch can sometimes correct it.

6 hours ago, imlegos said:
12 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

You mean the control key? This was in vanilla, if it's not working in OpenRCT2 then that's a bug, but it's working fine for me on latest develop.

Setting the speed of block brakes is a good idea, but don't make them work like RCT3's "instantly stop the train and then accelerate to 60mph" versions. Fast chain lifts work so much better as launches, and when a new file format is created it would be possible to implement actual launch pieces, so I don't think we need to introduce a new way to hack them.

Requires a new file format, the four station limit is built into the SV6.

Possibly useful but subject to rendering order glitches (as is anything using disable clearance check). Better is to use scenery objects that fit the landscape, but not all sets have these.

Requires a new file format. And while you're at it why not remove the limit completely?

I will reply in order of the comments to make things organized.
1. I looked in the keyboard shortcuts and I didn't see it, I will try it with both ctrl keys.
2. Makes sense.
3. Makes sense.
4. Makes sense.
5. Makes sense, the reason I set a number of 255 is amount of rides in the park, and powered launch and chain speeds are maxed out at 255 (one of them is 573 but I can't remember) I thought that it would work the same way. Wow, guess we need a file format change.

Recently upgraded to the latest build where I noticed the name Bathroom has been changed to Toilet.  For those of you outside the US - yes, I know the word toilet is customary. it's not a big deal.  However if you were curious, in the states going to the toilet is synonymous with taking a shit.  

Toy.jpg