My compilation of ideas

CoasterCrazy234

I have a TON of ideas that may really enhance gameplay.

1) Have a way of making it easier to build scenery at high altitudes

2) Having a program that makes it extremely easy to create custom scenery.

3) Remove limitations (I know this will not be done until full domcompilation).

4) Maybe having the abiiity to create custom ride elements

5) Fireworks display (like RCT3)

6) POV of rides (this could prove to be extremely difficult though).

7) Custom peeps

8) Having a path  creation system like ThemeParkStudio (again, this could prove insanely difficult)

9) Program that makes it easier to create custom trains.

10) Like in RCT3, have an extended rollercoaster (where one track type has every possible  element).

11) Make a 'Queue Time' sign so that peeps know how long the queue is before they join. That way they may be less likely to leave.

12) The ability to save scenry objects (like in RCT3).

13) The ability to select objects that are on the map and cop-y and paste them to a custom location. (Could be interlinked with the previous suggestion).

14) Make it so that guests do not go on a high nauseating ride when they already feel very sick.

15)Have fast-track queues.

16) Have an extra length of queue (overflow) that automatically opens and closes depending on queue length.

17) Remove or decrease the effect that number of inversions has on intensity (which has an effect on excitement)

18) Have the ability to insert billboards (like RCT3)

19) Custom music.

20) More track elements (like larger loops, beyond vertical drops, overbanked turns etc.).

21) Different weather (like snow).

22) Swimming pools.

23) More land colors.

24) Custom error messages (like 8cars allows you to do).

25) Vertical freefall track (like on Verbolten, Th13teen)

26) Advanced supporting. (Like a window were you can pick each type of support (like A, Box (depending on what manufacturer it is from))).

27) Transport elements (not a lift but an actual transport section (wheels).

28) Launch track (like on RCT1)

30) Ability to add a texture to the track (like on nemesis in Alton Towers).

31) More stations allowed on Monorail

32) Ride triggered objects (like RCT3)

Yup, this is pretty much it. I know you guys are working as hard as you can on this I have to say, great job! I love what you are doing and I know that the final product will be FAR FAR superior to the original RCT2.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy post and I hope you all have a great day! 

• Useful 1

I have a TON of ideas that may really enhance gameplay.

1) Have a way of making it easier to build scenery at high altitudes

2) Having a program that makes it extremely easy to create custom scenery.

3) Remove limitations (I know this will not be done until full domcompilation).

4) Maybe having the abiiity to create custom ride elements

5) Fireworks display (like RCT3)

6) POV of rides (this could prove to be extremely difficult though).

7) Custom peeps

8) Having a path  creation system like ThemeParkStudio (again, this could prove insanely difficult)

9) Program that makes it easier to create custom trains.

10) Like in RCT3, have an extended rollercoaster (where one track type has every possible  element).

11) Make a 'Queue Time' sign so that peeps know how long the queue is before they join. That way they may be less likely to leave.

12) The ability to save scenry objects (like in RCT3).

13) The ability to select objects that are on the map and cop-y and paste them to a custom location. (Could be interlinked with the previous suggestion).

14) Make it so that guests do not go on a high nauseating ride when they already feel very sick.

15)Have fast-track queues.

16) Have an extra length of queue (overflow) that automatically opens and closes depending on queue length.

17) Remove or decrease the effect that number of inversions has on intensity (which has an effect on excitement)

18) Have the ability to insert billboards (like RCT3)

19) Custom music.

20) More track elements (like larger loops, beyond vertical drops, overbanked turns etc.).

21) Different weather (like snow).

22) Swimming pools.

23) More land colors.

24) Custom error messages (like 8cars allows you to do).

25) Vertical freefall track (like on Verbolten, Th13teen)

26) Advanced supporting. (Like a window were you can pick each type of support (like A, Box (depending on what manufacturer it is from))).

27) Transport elements (not a lift but an actual transport section (wheels).

28) Launch track (like on RCT1)

30) Ability to add a texture to the track (like on nemesis in Alton Towers).

31) More stations allowed on Monorail

32) Ride triggered objects (like RCT3)

Yup, this is pretty much it. I know you guys are working as hard as you can on this I have to say, great job! I love what you are doing and I know that the final product will be FAR FAR superior to the original RCT2.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy post and I hope you all have a great day! 

1. Hard to get any easier, shift and ctrl already work nicely together.

3. Doesn't only require full decompilation, but also a custom non-RCT2-compatible save file.

6. RCT2 is sprite-based, it doesn't have any 3D models which are needed for POV. You can import your designs in RCT3 or import RCT1 coaster designs in NoLimits to ride them.

9. You can use a cheat to use trains from other coaster types in meantime.

10. Try the twisted rollercoaster type.

11. Good idea, and let peeps not enter if they think it's too long.

12. Will be done sometime, you can already do this by saving a small ride near.

14. Try to place a medic room near.

15. Due the way peeps enter coasters (which is best described as fast track only), this is not needed.

17. The effect of inversions on intensity is fully intentional.

19. Currently already possible by adding up to 2 custom music files or replacing existing music (guide somewhere on this forum). I guess adding more custom music files requires 3. to be done first.

20. This will require all new sprites to be drawn and new physics rules to be added to the game., can be done, but takes quite some time.

23. Needs 3. to be done first.

31. Needs 3. to be done first

1) As soon as you have one item on a certain height, you can build multiple items on the same height by holding ctrl while hovering above said item.

5) Can be made as custom scenery I guess, or would you like to see a full firework editor? Would be a great mix when paired with the day-night cycle though :) 

6) This is not hard to do, but impossible. OpenRCT2 does not use real 3D, so we can't change the point of view.

8) Do you mean diagonal paths? This is already possible with some workarounds.

11) That's where the televisions are for, although I don't know for certain that they actually do something :P 

12)  & 13)Copy/paste (and probably saving) of scenery pieces is on the roadmap

15) That would only give one reason more to peeps to complain D:

18) This is, again, doable with custom objects.

19) This is on the roadmap

21) Snow would be near to impossible since we would need a snow-version of every sprite in the game.

22) There are some custom swimming pool rides downloadable on the interwebz :ph34r:

30) Not really possible because the way coloring works. 

31) On the roadmap, also that transportation rides are actually used as transportation rides.

32) This would indeed be pretty cool :D 

Oh, I never knew about the Ctrl function. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to try sometime.

Oh yea, what is the roadmap? It seems very intriguing and I am very keen to use it

I know about the inversions, but what if I am trying to make a recreation of the Smiler? That has 14 inversions and is VERY exciting but in RCT2 it seems as though it isn't. I have a rollercoaster with over 20 (yes, it is inspired by The Smiler). If it were to be transferred into NoLimits properly and made smooth and G-Force safe, I would TOTALLY ride it and I'm sure other people would too. What I'm trying to get at here is that, the number of inversions that effect intensity should be raised (for the reasons I have stated earlier).

Edited by CoasterCrazy234

Number 3 (rides/Scenery) and 19 (more than 2 custom) are my favorites. :D

But the snow... its enough when it falls. The peeps can use the umbrella and thats it. Only for the feeling of different weather. None of the rides were wet if its raining. And so you need only one new sprite, the snowflake. ;)