Balance suddenly switches to negative - can’t find fix

After starting ANY scenario (this has happened in “Rainbow Valley”, “From the Ashes”, and “Utopia Park”) after building or playing for about 10-12 minutes my balance suddenly changes to negative. 

even if I take out more loan it shows as MORE negative balance. Cannot do anything as it’s showing as a negative balance suddenly. 

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled - didn’t fix 

This happened both after loading an existing park project AND after starting a new park  

the first time it happened when building a custom roller coaster (steel wild mouse), the second time was when trying to put in a bathroom, third was while building a mini coaster.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Like 3

I've been having a similar issue for the past week or so. I hadn't been able to catch what's triggering it though. I'd do something and notice the balance had gone negative by a similar amount to what it had been positive.

Because I have cheats unlocked, I just add money. But it's still something that hopefully can be addressed. It's still happening as os last night (my time).

Interesting. I do not have cheats unlocked and so it unfortunately freezes me and prevents me from playing.. haven’t played in a few days hoping for someone to know a trick to fix the bug but unless it fixed itself (or is fixed without someone seeing this post) I’m seemingly still out of luck :(

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LizBrownstein said:

Thank you for the update!! I'm checking now. Will this only update for new parks, or will it also correct the bug on existing saved parks? 

If you have a save or auto save from prior to the incident, then you should be ok. I'm not a coder or dev or anything even close, but my guess would be that this issue wouldn't effect save files other than if the balance is negative, that's the state it got saved in unfortunately.

If that's the case, then I'd suggest enabling cheats, add money to get you playable again, then you're good to go. Just because you have cheats enabled, doesn't mean you have to use them.  :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ExCrafty said:

If you have a save or auto save from prior to the incident, then you should be ok. I'm not a coder or dev or anything even close, but my guess would be that this issue wouldn't effect save files other than if the balance is negative, that's the state it got saved in unfortunately.

If that's the case, then I'd suggest enabling cheats, add money to get you playable again, then you're good to go. Just because you have cheats enabled, doesn't mean you have to use them.  :)

Great advice and insights, thank you! 

14 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

For someone who is not a coder or developer, your guess is spot on! The fix for this was merged into the project asap, to avoid affecting more park files. There's unfortunately not much we can do to automatically fix parks where this happened to. The money cheats are indeed the best way to save an affected park.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Broxzier said:

For someone who is not a coder or developer, your guess is spot on! The fix for this was merged into the project asap, to avoid affecting more park files. There's unfortunately not much we can do to automatically fix parks where this happened to. The money cheats are indeed the best way to save an affected park.

Thank you so much for your reply! Appreciate this community so much ❤️

• Like 2
1 hour ago, goodyni said:

Will it also correct the bug on existing saved parks? 

In my experience, it did not. Even when I did the suggested fix of enabling cheats and adding money, it still only made my balance MORE negative. Unfortunately, my only solution was to restart the park.

Note: I have ZERO coding or programming experience so there might be a fix out there. Just wanted to provide my experience.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Broxzier said:

Your balance becoming even more negative sounds very odd, since the cheat simply adds money. Do you still have the affected save so we can debug it?

Hi, yes I still have one of the affected saves. I did just restart other parks as they weren't far along and overrode the error files, however I do have one that is still showing the same error. I dont mind restarting this objective, however if you want to troubleshoot it I am happy to help however I can.