A cheat to keep the rides popular

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like that the renew rides DOES work, but because my park is a 999x999, the guests seem to get lost after a certain point and cannot path find efficiently. I have just started playing again as my array had a crash (luckily the data was backed up) and I had to restore my games. Alrighty, I can only renew so many times (3-4) and then the guests do not zerg to the rides anymore. I thought rides being vintage would also work, but it does not (what does vintage rides do anyways?) I am in a small area, roughly 3x the size of Forest Frontiers and I cannot for the life of me to get them to get magnetised to the rides. Is there something else I am needing to do to accomplish this, or am I giving the guests pathAI too much credit for path finding?

Edited by TheKillerChicken
Needed to add some more info and questions.
  • Informative 1

As for land size, I like doing large land areas too. But I've found that over a certain size I frequently get "Guests are getting lost or stuck". I think I've seen something somewhere that said about if it takes a peep 10 mins or more to get where they want to go, they get confused and do the "I can't find ???". This happened for me even before the increase in land sizes. Almost always, my pathing is straight forward, and queue lines are on main paths without peeps having to use another path to get to the queue.

Well, that's what I find anyway.

It appears that a park size of over 200x200-ish tiles gets peeps confused. ...... Stupid peeps can't even read a park map, or use a transport ride properly.  :)

• Informative 1
3 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

As for land size, I like doing large land areas too. But I've found that over a certain size I frequently get "Guests are getting lost or stuck". I think I've seen something somewhere that said about if it takes a peep 10 mins or more to get where they want to go, they get confused and do the "I can't find ???". This happened for me even before the increase in land sizes. Almost always, my pathing is straight forward, and queue lines are on main paths without peeps having to use another path to get to the queue.

Well, that's what I find anyway.

It appears that a park size of over 200x200-ish tiles gets peeps confused. ...... Stupid peeps can't even read a park map, or use a transport ride properly.  :)

I see. That makes sense. I am using a path finding plugin right now called "pathfinding workarounds" but that does not help much. I downsized to 512x512 and going to keep my paths as grid-like and munimal junctions as possible and hopefully will get the zerg rush with the renew rides cheat again.

• Like 1

Guests will complain they're lost if they can't find the ride within a certain time. For large parks, the time it takes to reach to reach a ride on the other side of the park is always longer than their time limit. Guests also don't care about the distance when picking a ride, which means they will spend more time walking in larger parks, simply because they choose to do so. There is only one case where guests care about the distance to a ride's entrance, and that is when it has chosen to go on a ride with multiple entrances.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

What I find strange is my flat rides and go-karts stay popular regardless of cheats or not, or how old the rides are but the roller coaster popularity seems to die off within 2 years, or so. So what I should more specifically state is that I would like to see a cheat to keep roller coasters popular, if that is not asking too much.

Edited by TheKillerChicken
Fixed a typo