Starting a new track section

SnowMew

A little long winded I know but to make this a little easier to undertsand, in RCT3 when making something like a Rollercoaster, it's possible to click one thing and then be able to start working on a different section of the track which makes things like planning sections or making racing coasters a whole load easier.I know we might be waiting until the game can be decompiled before this is a thing but, could it be a thing? It's a pretty neat feature in RCT3 itself.

In RCT3 right clicking on a section of track while the ride is closed (or testing) will cause you to have that part selected for editsIn RCT2 right clicking on a section of track while it is closed will respond with the demolish question box, to scroll through the track sections, you had to click buttons on the interface.I beleive what he's asking is that the RCT3 change be implemented into ORCT2 rather then the RCT2 method.

In RCT3 right clicking on a section of track while the ride is closed (or testing) will cause you to have that part selected for editsIn RCT2 right clicking on a section of track while it is closed will respond with the demolish question box, to scroll through the track sections, you had to click buttons on the interface.I beleive what he's asking is that the RCT3 change be implemented into ORCT2 rather then the RCT2 method.
That's exactly what happens in RCT2. You can just right click on a part of the track and you'll be editing that point.

Nono, there's a specific button you can click in RCT3 where you can build the same track ride but not have it connected to the main track, and then choose to connect it later or use it to build racing coasters easily.Again I'm not sure how to word it myself, but it's definitely there.

When right-clicking a coaster in RCT2, it will always try to open the editor. If the coaster is not closed it will ask you to do that first.As long as the 'build new station' button isn't there in RCT2, you can build a few track pieces (S-curve and one straight in case of a double station), delete the pieces you no longer want and you have two independent sections of the coaster. You must connect them in the end or you won't be able to open it.