Inclusions for the track designer

ExCrafty

A pause button would be helpful, particularly when trying to sync multiple tracks for testing.

Access to the cheat menu, currently if you want to use things like vehicle limits etc, you need to open a save game, click your cheats, close that game to main menu, then go back into the track designer.

They'd be nice, but certainly not important.

16 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

Access to the cheat menu, currently if you want to use things like vehicle limits etc, you need to open a save game, click your cheats, close that game to main menu, then go back into the track designer.

I think that allowing cheats in the track designer could cause confusion because many types of hacked rides cannot be saved properly in a TD6 file. For example, allowing zero clearance may be useful but that would also let people build merges, which they then won't be able to save. If there's an option to enable it, it probably needs to come with some kind of warning that you need to know what you're doing. The lack of pause button does seem strange though.

Really, there isn't any disadvantage to building on a blank map instead of in the track designer. I created a blank scenario and saved it so I can quickly get a blank map for such things; I hardly ever use the track designer now.

• Like 1