OpenRCT2

RCT1 to RCT2 ... What annoyed me.

Gday,

This is certainly NOT a beef with OpenRCT2. Back when RCT1 was originally released, I thought it was awesome, I always loved playing around with it and designing rides. Most of the scenarios were not to hard for me, except for Pokey Park, I found that one very frustrating. But I got there and got to Mega Park, and all was right with the world.  :)

Then along came RCT2, which I thought was going to be awesome as well. But for me it was a bit disappointing and annoying. So much of the time you couldn't charge park admission and had to rely on rides etc for income, for me this was hard, I'd always preferred to have free rides and just charge admission. The other thing were the coasters ..... coasters that had had more than one option for vehicles, were now split into separate coasters entirely, such as the Junior and Classic, they used the same track pieces and I'd had pre-built rides for RCT1, that couldn't be used in RCT2 because of this. Those were really my only issues with 2, and yes, they're minor, but for me they were significant.

I'll stop ranting now. I still love playing around with designing rides, especially with OpenRCT2.   :D

Looks like OpenRCT2 is the perfect fit for you then. Through cheats, you can charge both for park entry and rides, and RCT1-like ride groups are re-introduced. Mini/junior/classic coaster compatibility is still being worked on, but any RCT1 coaster can be imported.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Mickyd said:

Really? You get SO much more money when people pay for rides and not entrance. Entrance fee is once... they can spend hundreds and hundreds each on rides. This makes no sense.

You mean it doesn't make sense ... to you.

Not everyone is the same.

12 hours ago, Mickyd said:

Speaking of which, i can't do any scenarios where it's pay for rides. It's always pay for entrance, which isn't how RCT2 is. Can't seem to change it

On 19/08/2020 at 12:19, ExCrafty said:

So much of the time you couldn't charge park admission and had to rely on rides etc for income, for me this was hard, I'd always preferred to have free rides and just charge admission.

If you're using OpenRCT2, you can change a scenario from pay-per-ride to pay-per-entry or vice versa. You can also set it to allow you to charge for both (I think this option is default for RCT1 scenarios, which allowed charging for both in the original).