Group Park 7

Broxzier

Hey guys,

I just registered to let you know u inspired me to take out RCT2 again, woohoo.

Also i stole you're scenario since the cliffs/rocks are just amazing to look at.

Little inspiration from my side: Build over the ruins of some old mining site, "Ol' Wacker's Spirits" got opened. Nothing too fance, just some playing with the cliffs.

5a304658a8fd8_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1222-09-53.thumb.png.f8d13005022b20fd05e73c46c13f8bac.png

Keep it up, nice to see this park evolving :) Cheers

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rAdiance said:

Hey guys,

I just registered to let you know u inspired me to take out RCT2 again, woohoo.

Also i stole you're scenario since the cliffs/rocks are just amazing to look at.

Little inspiration from my side: Build over the ruins of some old mining site, "Ol' Wacker's Spirits" got opened. Nothing too fance, just some playing with the cliffs.

Keep it up, nice to see this park evolving :) Cheers

That looks really cool! (Except the lamps on the path :P)

Edited by Deurklink
On 11/12/2017 at 23:06, Leudimin said:

Once I get the turn back I'll allow 12 hours for anyone in the missed queue to claim. If no one claims in that timespan I'll claim the park.

Anyone in the missed turn list can already place themselves in front of everyone in the queue while the park is claimed, so they'll be first.

• Like 1

I was hoping to have some more time tonight to work on it, but I didn't. :/ I've build a swinger near the empty entrance area, decorated two more paths with diagonal pieces, renamed M?onochr?mos back to Mònochrömos (not sure it this'll stay), and double-closed then opened Sputnik, because some cars were stuck there.

n3W1a1y.png

Claimed: -
Queue: Wuis, Deurklink, Leudimin, saxman1089, giraty, Darthyoda714, Broxzier
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, SpiffyJack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53

@Wuis

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.50.sv6

• Like 3

image.png.054ae2125f006c9ebc532ab6839c583b.png

Anyone knowing anything about this? Else I'll have to abort my turn. Thought about wrapping it up, going to try if autosaves do work. (I changed nothing nor did the game update, so it's kinda weird that it's only now showing errors)

EDIT: I'm being put back a bit, but the autosaves seem to work. Maybe I won't finish all my scenery when.

Edited by Wuis

@Broxzier It must've been something I had done last minute after working on the park, or it mustn't have saved correctly. If somebody would want to open the save I will include in this ASAP, so we are sure it still isn't in the file. I have opened it and close it myself, but just want to be sure.

Here's the update:

5a33ee86c10db_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1516-38-47.thumb.png.d4dd1d7c0b11235e2a7abf6bab8a8faa.png

• Added restaurant facility, I had to move the toilet up the hill because else the building had a weird shape. I kinda like the toilet like that though.
  • Added Decline in the Alpine, a merry-go-round-like attraction that features planes.
  • Added Alpine Decline, a bobsled coaster. The design is a bit wonky, it features some very tight turns where it is just acceptable.
  • Added dedicated staff for the area as some paths might be hard to reach (during writing this I added a little sand path uphill to the exit of Alpine Decline for guests exiting that area and staff members going both ways)

Queue: Deurklink, Leudimin, saxman1089, giraty, Darthyoda714, Broxzier, Wuis
Missed: xbalogan, jensj12, Przemek, Jochem, SpiffyJack, TheMightyClem, 1081p, cascadia, TCE, RedScope53

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.51.sv6

PS. @Leudimin I did not touch your 3D Cinema and will not do so as I felt that the changes that I would make would disrupt the current theme of the ride.

Edited by Wuis
  • Like 4

Alright, here's my contribution:

Lots of landscaping and small changes, didn't build any rides this time.

First off, i gave Monochromos a dedicated patrolling mechanic, because wandering mechanics had trouble finding it, causing lots of downtime. Some extra paths should probably be created, to make it easier to find for people coming from the space base area. Wandering mechanics would just walk back and forth on the area on the bottom of the following screenshot. Red lines are suggested paths, but I'll leave that up to @Broxzier. (Also, i noticed the cobra roll doesn't have any supports, i doubt that was intentional;))

5a350ab324a9b_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1612-57-19.thumb.png.ba4002720825d5b50bb0202cdcfdee84.png

I built a temporary path to @Darthyoda714's WIP coaster, as one mechanic kept walking in circles on the farm because he wanted to inspect it. I also recolored the grass tiles on the farm (Where the invisible ride entrances / exits are to make it less obvious that there is a path tile missing there. I also lowered the land around the farm to make the walls lower so it blends in with the area more. I think it looks a lot better this way.

5a350bea82330_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1612-46-20.thumb.png.e99d7f9161fa47815e198517d5d660e4.png

I took one of the small food courts (which was just a piece of path with a shop and some benches) and rebuilt it into a building with some trees and bushes around it. I also modified the jagged path next to it and turned it into a better looking diagonal path.

5a350ca1856a1_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1612-46-46.thumb.png.73003a41555e527b722bdaa6960013d0.png

I noticed many people were getting lost or couldn't find attractions behind the pirate kart track, so I built an extra path behind it, while trying to keep the style of the areas around it.

5a350d3895575_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1612-46-59.thumb.png.ac00b1b61595b2aa75713d22d6e9833f.png

I placed a tree. I'm not really happy about how it looks, so if anyone can improve it that would be nice:

5a350d9e998a1_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1612-48-16.png.c4564ed3647f4cbd2a354152abf9474b.png

I restored the dirt path behind the pirate kart track. I also built a small path between three acorns and the bear and the kart track because i noticed people behind the kart track sometimes had trouble finding the entrance. I like how the path blends in with the scenery around it and is barely visible.

5a350de4c89ea_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1612-48-44.thumb.png.d053ec8ef1fee2b3f2082122197eccc1.png

And, finally I re-opened the monorail. I also extended one of the cliffs and made the monorail run through it. I think the newly created area is just screaming for a nice roller coaster to be built on top of it (Feel free to build something there if you have a nice idea!). I also painted the monorail supports in some areas (Around the farm and around the fort) to make it fit in the surroundings more. I think it looks better. I also gave the monorail trains some nicer colors.

EDIT: And i connected the waterfall river with the main river

5a350e6be7dc1_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1612-46-35.thumb.png.f70bdfdcb047bd03649a0c0060cbbf96.png

I probably made some other small changes which i forgot about. :D

Here's the save (First thing i typed when writing this post, so i could not forget it (again))The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.52.sv6

@Leudimin, your turn!

Queue: Leudimin, saxman1089, giraty, Darthyoda714, Broxzier, Wuis

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 4

Okay, I wasn't inspired, but at least I did something. First, I built a new riverside food court. For some reason I place the stalls out the main building like I did here...

5a357ad54f165_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1618-11-10.thumb.png.30820bf2bb4f399aea78c2a45183eef8.png

Then I decided to wrap up the Central Plaza, using the last avalaible space. I searched for a Rigg's balloon race but couldn't find any, so I decided to build one. The scenery was inspired by the Penguin's (i.e. Cascadia's) food court surroundings.

5a357c5912d4f_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1620-45-45.thumb.png.7133a629a6a671b19f388056cb414078.png

Not pictured is a new building for the mini golf course, built to the same style as the Two Acorns and the Bear station just across the path.

Queue: @saxman1089, giraty, Darthyoda714, Broxzier, Wuis, Deurklink, Leudimin

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 7.53.sv6

PS: The ride named Horse Rides (Penguin) actually has no approval from me due to obvious reasons :D. However I know it's not the consensus, so I didn't demolish it (yet).

Edited by Leudimin
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Leudimin said:

PS: The ride named Horse Rides (Penguin) actually has no approval from me due to obvious reasons :D. However I know it's not the consensus, so I didn't demolish it (yet).

What is wrong with it? I don't see the obvious reasons. And why do you complain now, long after it was built? 

Anyway, don't say stuff like this. How would it make you feel if we told your rides suck and we want to destroy them.. 

• Like 2
On 10-12-2017 at 05:12, Darthyoda714 said:

So I've been working on a Drop Coaster for a few hours total today, but what ever I've done so far I haven't really like the way it looks or the stats. So after this being the 5th time I've deleted the last half or 2/3 of the coaster, I've decided to come back to it next time. The G's are over the limits and the intensity is too high for the current excitement rating for me. I know that the lift hill looks terrible with the sudden change of the angle, but It had to be that way so that I could get it over the mountain. If anybody wants to you can change the lift hill part because it looks really bad. 

If you're wondering why the G-forces are so high, they're mostly from the points i circled in the screenshot:

5a364be603295_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark72017-12-1711-43-49.thumb.png.d0b616fc67fae9cf172ba23a72a48ec4.png

Imagine this: You're dropping down vertically at 100 km/h and suddenly there is a quick change to horizontal track. This pushes you into your seat and is called positive G-force. The faster the change, the higher the force. After the first drop, there is a very abrupt change to horizontal track. You should make it smoother, like you did with the second drop.

Later in the track, the opposite happens (second red circle). While going very fast, suddenly the train dives steeply downward. This pushes riders out of their cars and is called negative G-force. Negative G-force is less comfortable for riders and should be kept low. 

Solution: On places where the train is going fast, use smooth transitions from steep track to horizontal track.

8 hours ago, Deurklink said:

What is wrong with it? I don't see the obvious reasons. And why do you complain now, long after it was built?

Because cascadia claimed the park in front of me when I had just got the right to do so at his expense (he didn't claim for 24 hours). So all stuff he built in that turn, including Horse Rides, is unapproved by me. Since I'm sure I'm the only one which disagrees with that, I leave all of it there.

PS: Before I discovered OpenRCT2 and its built-in ability to make hacks I actually despissed them.

34 minutes ago, Leudimin said:

Because cascadia claimed the park in front of me when I had just got the right to do so at his expense (he didn't claim for 24 hours). So all stuff he built in that turn, including Horse Rides, is unapproved by me. Since I'm sure I'm the only one which disagrees with that, I leave all of it there.

Reads

Forgets it

@Darthyoda714Would you mind if I modified the drop coaster for a bit?

Edited by giraty
  • Like 2