Pocket Money

Icy

I'm not sure if this has already been implemented, or suggested, but when I've been playing parks that are entrance fee based, I always got to the point where people didn't bring enough money to enter the park, while I had the need to increase the park entrance fee to keep the upcome of all the rides and stalls.

Is there any way to make people bring more money over time, as the park gets more valuable (expands with more rides), because I know people would be "willing" to pay the money judged by the amount of rides in the park (without rejecting to enter with the message "i'm not playing that much"), but they just didn't have enough on them...

What do you say guys?

Good or bad idea?

• Like 1

The problem many have when setting up a new park from scratch and using Pay for Entry is that they don't initially give the peeps enough money. So when the entrance fee has to be raised high enough to raise money to construct rides to draw more into the park the peeps can't afford to enter. And if you can't get more into the park and the goal is getting X number of peeps by a certain date you basically FUBAR yourself.

Getting the right mix of initial peep money, setting the scenario goal and ride content needs to be thought out. Experience is the only teacher on how to do this. Don't be afraid to build small inexpensive coasters at the start and as funds become available tear them down and build larger ones.

The other, although not quite a difficult is one which uses no money. Setting up the order the rides are presented thru research can make or break you ability to reach the goal.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, CharlieP said:

The problem many have when setting up a new park from scratch and using Pay for Entry is that they don't initially give the peeps enough money.

That's why stalls and on-ride photos still produce money, so you can have a source of income even after maxxing out the entry fee (Which at max is normally between 40-50).

Also, most RCT2 scenarios have a unlocked/able Cash Machine/A.T.M. in the selection, which are extremely useful as it can make guests continue to buy more stuff from stalls.

For refrance; whenever I play the game I usually set the pricing to the following values:

Food: 2.00

Drink: 1.50

Souvenirs: 0.90

Umbrellas: 3.00

(I'm not a terrible person, so I don't charge restrooms)

On-Ride Photos are typically scaled based on what the guests think about their price.

And another thing; Advertising for half/entry too the park is a really good idea, alongside an advertisement for a really good coaster, as more guests will come to the park and pay the fee.

Edited by imlegos
  • Like 1

I read/heard this somewhere that the first time you set a price for a photo that all others will charge that amount regardless of whether the checkbox is marked or not or what their price is set for. Also changing that first photo changes all the others. I don't know how you could actually check this unless you multiplied the total photos purchased by the cost per photo.

The ATM is your friend. Let peeps enter the park for a fee they can afford, then use ATMs cleverly and let their stay in the park cost as much as you can manage (that's how real-life parks do it, after all). On-ride photos on all coasters that can have it; they usually manage to cover the maintenance costs. Charge more money than default for food and drink, guests will pay for it after all. And umbrellas can cost as much as you like, the peeps will happily shell out $15 or more for one when rain starts to fall.

When playing pay-per-entry rather than pay-per-ride, your strategy has to change accordingly. Your goal isn't to get as many peeps as possible on the rides any more, but to use the rides to draw guests, and luring the guests to pay for services between rides. Coasters and flat rides are no longer your primary sources of revenue, they're just lures to draw people to your park, and to make them spend enough time there to become hungry, thirsty, and/or happy enough to shell out for over-priced souvenirs.

Cynical? Sure. But you're giving the guests a good time, and they choose themselves what to pay for. With the right strategy, you can create a money-making machine, even with low gate prices. With the wrong strategy, you get Geauga Lake and 2000's Six Flags, though, so be careful and plan ahead.

• Like 1

That's a very silly issue, if guests are willing to pay the entrance fee, they should bring enough money.

Easy fix: When spawning guests, make sure their money is at least the amount they need to pay for the entrance. This could be used to cheat (making guests bring more by setting the price high, then lowering it again before they enter), however I don't think this would be an issue.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

That's a very silly issue, if guests are willing to pay the entrance fee, they should bring enough money.

Easy fix: When spawning guests, make sure their money is at least the amount they need to pay for the entrance. This could be used to cheat (making guests bring more by setting the price high, then lowering it again before they enter), however I don't think this would be an issue.

This. Thank you.

I'm not saying that the entrance fee should be like 1000$, but for giant parks it could be around 200$.

I know that surviving from food stands and souvenir stalls is a thing, but I would still prefer living off the entrance fee if all the rides are free...

I think at most in default, guests carry 50.00 cash, which means you could theoretically make 50.00 from every guest entering the park, then put an atm right by the entry so they can buy more stuff.

However, I have noticed that guests actually get angry if they spend a lot of money very fast, most note ably from park entrances.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, imlegos said:

However, I have noticed that guests actually get angry if they spend a lot of money very fast, most note ably from park entrances.

Do they? Wasn't it just a scenario present? Sometimes that's the way they enter the park as the part of a challenge.