My AVG thinks the laincher is a treat

I switched to Avast a while back and found it handles false positives a lot better than AVG.It's still personal preferences but at the end of the day this definitely isn't a threat, at least so I'd like to think.Still be vigilant because I used to use things like puu.sh and stopped after one of the updates had malware hacked into it.

I switched to Avast a while back and found it handles false positives a lot better than AVG.It's still personal preferences but at the end of the day this definitely isn't a threat, at least so I'd like to think.Still be vigilant because I used to use things like puu.sh and stopped after one of the updates had malware hacked into it.
Yep me too, I too can recommend Avast. The free version can annoy you a lot with messages, but enabling the game/silent mode fixes that :D

The options you have are to either ignore the warning in your antivirus software or get a decent antivirus software (I'm not quite a fan of AVG).The launcher is safe (you can find the source code for it on Github).My antivirus of choice is Kaspersky (though it's not free).

I used Microsoft Security Essentials in win7, but in win10 it is built-in as Microsoft Defender. You can easily ignore false positives and I haven't got any false negatives yet in 4 years. I did have a false negative with McAfee once, that's why I changed to MSE (after formatting my hard drive ofcourse). Someone else also mentioned that windows defender and malwarebytes work well together, but the free microsoft defender doesn't show any leaks yet.