Reducing the amount of rides by reducing tackitecture.

Hello, on our server people were heavily using trackitecture on their coasters. That caused the server to reach the ride limit. (255 rides and stalls to be exact) Even tough the majority of the rides on the server were roller coasters. People were using up to 10 different coaster tracks as trackitecture which caused us to reach the limit pretty quick. So, I've made a tutorial to reduce the amount of trackitecture from 10 to 2.

I made a basic Giga Coaster. I'm calling it "Tutorial Coaster" This is the only ride in the park, so it used 1 slot of the 255 rides available.

yb3EkEF.png

First, we're starting with a catwalk. You can use a multi-dimension coaster lift, but we're gonna stick to a path so we don't use up a ride slot. You're gonna need zero clearance for this.

fyzUdn2.png

When you finished that, add scenery so you can get rid of those path supports.

UOxFghp.png

Second is the station. This is where we're going to use 1 coaster, so now we used 2 slots out 255. Pretty nifty, huh.

We will build the walls with scenery. We'll use it for the roofing.

JHq384X.png

Okay, once you built your walls, now it's time to add the coaster... I mean roof. Again, this is the second coaster in the park, and the first trackitecture coaster.

FSqLVu6.png

Start building your trackitecture as you would SO DON"T BUILD STATIONS.  People normally do is they create a new ride after they finished the first piece, that's not we're doing. Look at the next picture below...

ws5m3Hr.png

You see I went back to the fist piece and added a little u-turn behind it (in purple), so I can build adjacent to it without creating a whole new ride which will use up a 3rd slot. Once you've finished with the second piece, delete the purple pieces as shown, but don't delete the pieces you want to keep as your roof.

5f50FC2.png

Keep doing this. Make sure you delete the purple pieces as shown in the picture.

eLGZ96y.png

Around the corners. Keep deletin' purple.

4zCd8nB.png

Good, you got the roofing down.

HFTAXXM.png

Now go check the ride list. What do you see?

0JXS4rZ.png

If you didn't used the method that I showed you. You would've used up 10 slots out of 255 rides (11 counting the coaster in operation). Now time to add scenery.

BspSjFI.png

Next up is the station transfer. This is completely optional, but we're gonna do it anyways. We're gonna still use 1 slot. Start building another coaster next to the operational one. Delete any purple you see, but don't delete that s-bend.

n1834Av.png

Now it's time to add scenery.

DKK8I4Y.png

Great, you finished the coaster. We used up 3 slots in total 2 for trackitecture.

0NbiD6B.png

This is just a basic tutorial, you can make more advanced structures than this with 1 coaster for trackitecture.

• Like 6
  • 5 months later...
On 8/7/2016 at 08:41, imlegos said:

Another note: you can have 1 coaster be used for up to 4 schemes, lowering the ammount further if one set is used for multiple attractions (We did this with GP2's river rapid falls.)

@imlegos ... can you elaborate please? Much appreciated.  What you said may have solved multiple questions I've been asking myself for a while...

1 hour ago, SpiffyJack said:

@imlegos ... can you elaborate please? Much appreciated.  What you said may have solved multiple questions I've been asking myself for a while...

In the color options for a ride, there is a drop down, allowing you to change between the main, and 3 alternate colors. To the side of this is a paintbrush icon which allows you to apply the selected color scheme to a piece of track. It's basically the same thing that some Prefabs use to have a striped track.

You can use all 4 color schemes at the same time, so if you 2 different colors of trackitecture using the same track type, then you could replace on with recolored portions of the other.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, imlegos said:

In the color options for a ride, there is a drop down, allowing you to change between the main, and 3 alternate colors. To the side of this is a paintbrush icon which allows you to apply the selected color scheme to a piece of track. It's basically the same thing that some Prefabs use to have a striped track.

You can use all 4 color schemes at the same time, so if you 2 different colors of trackitecture using the same track type, then you could replace on with recolored portions of the other.

Thanks @imlegos I never realized that what I've have been doing because it can look good, also has a great benefit.

35 minutes ago, imlegos said:

Also, if your coaster is running in Continuous circuit/not block sectioned, you could use the ride itself as part of the trackitecture, just set the ride to Boat Hire (or any form of launch)

Operating mode is irrelevant and this doesn't affect blocking; as long as the main track is a complete circuit you can have as many extraneous track pieces as you want.

26 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Operating mode is irrelevant and this doesn't affect blocking; as long as the main track is a complete circuit you can have as many extraneous track pieces as you want.

Oh, I don't think that was a RCT2 thing. Might have been in RCT1, since the Blackpool recreation does this, but it only runs 1 train...

It definitely works in RCT2, I just tested it to be sure. I cannot test in RCT1 because I don't have it, but given the way the game works I think it's highly likely it works the same way. The game checks for a complete circuit by iterating forward from the station until it reaches the point it started at. If it does, the circuit is complete. If there is a totally disconnected track section the game will never see it so it doesn't count.

• 3 years later...