Block Brake Issue when Run on Continous Non-block

I recently notice something strange within OpenRCT2. I sometimes use block brakes on a continous circuit non-block brakes mode to "defy" the brakes failure. On the vanilla RCT2, the block brakes will simply brakes the train as normal with target 4 mph. But on my OpenRCT2 v0.0.4 I notice on continous non-block brakes mode, the block brakes will stop a train when there's a train located after the block brakes.

As you see in the picture, the next trains are held up by the block brakes even on the continous circuit which should only happened when continous with block sectioned is selected.

Regards.

SCR3.png

27 minutes ago, giraty said:

I recently notice something strange within OpenRCT2. I sometimes use block brakes on a continous circuit non-block brakes mode to "defy" the brakes failure. On the vanilla RCT2, the block brakes will simply brakes the train as normal with target 4 mph. But on my OpenRCT2 v0.0.4 I notice on continous non-block brakes mode, the block brakes will stop a train when there's a train located after the block brakes.

As you see in the picture, the next trains are held up by the block brakes even on the continous circuit which should only happened when continous with block sectioned is selected.

Regards.

SCR3.png

I don't know what's going on with the continuous circuit brakes, but if you want to prevent brake failures in OpenRCT2, all you have to do is turn on Disable Brakes Failure in the cheats window.

3 hours ago, cascadia said:

I don't know what's going on with the continuous circuit brakes, but if you want to prevent brake failures in OpenRCT2, all you have to do is turn on Disable Brakes Failure in the cheats window.

Don't expect people to simply 'use cheats'. That's cheating... If you don't want crashes, you need to design your coaster carefully and there now seems to be an exploit.

If it is diferent than vanilla, you can file an issue for it on GitHub. It means something went wrong in the decompiling process or another change accidentially changed it.

6 hours ago, giraty said:

Ahaha, I seem can't find cheat window anywhere.

If you suggest me to file an issue for GitHub it will took some time as I don't have it yet for now.

If you want cheats, you first have to enable them in the options menu and then you can find a golden shovel on the top toolbar in-game. Clicking on it opens a window, but it has a dropdown menu as well.

On 5/24/2016 at 23:24, Broxzier said:
On 5/23/2016 at 15:50, cascadia said:

Isn't some code from OTTD also reused in ORCT2?

Nope.

I'd think this wouldn't be possible as RCT2's engine is far to altered to be compatible with TTD, It's barely even compatible with RCT1.

On May 22, 2016 at 17:12, jensj12 said:

Don't expect people to simply 'use cheats'. That's cheating...

I'd like to point out here that the "disable brakes failure" is more of a utility than a cheat, as it helps prevent coasters from crashing. Also, if you look at the screenshot posted, @giraty is playing on sandbox mode. People shouldn't be afriad of cheating in the sense you're putting it in when they're in sandbox, as they're not helping the player complete an objective or complete a scenario.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, YoloSweggLord said:

I'd like to point out here that the "disable brakes failure" is more of a utility than a cheat, as it helps prevent coasters from crashing. Also, if you look at the screenshot posted, @giraty is playing on sandbox mode. People shouldn't be afriad of cheating in the sense you're putting it in when they're in sandbox, as they're not helping the player complete an objective or complete a scenario.

I have my own park where I use a lot of this block brakes in non-block mode. Now most coasters that have that crashed with the bug, which is rather sad, and using cheat on real scenario is not fun at all. I only use cheat for doing rofl thing (yesterday I got 89 intensity rating and guests rides it).

So what I believe now, the developers may have put the code of "continuous circuit with block sectioned mode" into "continous circuit mode".

When block sectioned mode is toggled the behaviour only changes for stations and top-of-chainlifts. Block brakes always check if there's a train in front of them. This can give some unexpected situations indeed: SCR117.png

I think the best solution would be to disable the normal continuous circuit mode if there are block brakes on the track.

1 hour ago, jensj12 said:

When block sectioned mode is toggled the behaviour only changes for stations and top-of-chainlifts. Block brakes always check if there's a train in front of them. This can give some unexpected situations indeed: SCR117.png

I think the best solution would be to disable the normal continuous circuit mode if there are block brakes on the track.

But I don't have that issue in the vanilla RCT2, I've been doing it for like 3 years.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...